Author Topic: Being shorted Update OP  (Read 1326 times)

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Being shorted Update OP
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
ETA: I am a complete idiot.

I didn't do anything last night and went through all my medication with my mom this afternoon and it was a different prescription that I had filled on the 31st.  *headdesk*  That's what I get for dealing with these things after midnight.

I am on a number of medications at the moment :( and went to take one of my evening medications and discovered it only had one left (I take three at a time).  I was frustrated because it seemed like I just filled it so I checked the date (the 20th) on the bottle and it works out.  I was just texting a gf and mentioned it and she told me that I hadn't gotten filled on the 20th, but on the 31st.  She remember because there was a problem and I had posted something on my facebook about it.  The bottle is empty and I paid for a full prescription which is what it reflects on the bottle.  How do I approach them with this tomorrow.  I watched the guy fill it and he is the pharmacy manager so I'm concerned this will fall on deaf ears.  And yes I'm moving my prescriptions elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:01:32 PM by Animala »

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
Re: Being shorted
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:55:33 AM »
  And if you had filled it on the 20th you should be out now right?

Oh boy that's a hard one.    Your accusing a medical professional of fraud not a mistake " I filled this on the 31st not the 20th and received only 10 days of medication not 20 days of medication" if one was wrong if you still have 10 days left and it was dated wrong or it was dated right but had the wrong amount it could be a mistake. Triple check make absolutely sure the refill wasn't for 30 pills not the 60 you should have and any other possible misunderstanding( I would suggest this to anyone who has to make this level of accusation) Give the pharmacist a chance to make it right and even if they do I think you have to report this to the owner/higher up the drugstore chain and to the governing board.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:46:35 AM »
It is for 60 on the bottle it was dispensed in.  I just think it is super weird that the bottle was dated wrong.  I don't understand that.

GlindaBunny

• my etsy store
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:50:17 AM »
Did you pay with a credit card or debit card?  Maybe you can prove that you paid on the correct day if the pharmacist has some story about the wrong date being on it.

ClaireC79

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 04:57:12 AM »
Was the problem that they couldn't give you ANY on the 20th or was it that they couldn't give you ALL on the 20th, I've had part of a prescription one day and had to go back to pick up the rest later

Joeschmo

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:44 AM »
It is possible that they have a partial fill waiting for you there or that they just miscounted.  It is sad to say but I worked in 3 different pharmacies and this situation came up in all of them.  Pharmacy techs count to 30 many many times and sometimes even when the label says something else for some reason the tech is running on auto pilot and counts 30.  The staff in the pharmacy should take no offense if you go in and tell them that you think they gave you 30 instead of 60.  If it is a controlled medication such as a narcotic pain med they should actually have a running count of the pills on hand to check to see if they shorted you.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: Being shorted Update OP
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »
I totally messed up.  Thanks for the advice.

SoCalVal

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »
I did read you made a mistake, but this just happened to DF about 1.5 months ago (he asked for 60 and got 30).  Unfortunately, he did not notice until after taking his meds for two weeks (because that was is two-a-day).  He called the pharmacy, and there was nothing they could do.  He doesn't tend to notice these kinds of things so I can understand why he didn't notice right off that he didn't have 60 (although I don't know why he didn't notice after one week that he had far fewer than the 40+ pills he still should've had).  Anyway, he ended up having to call his doctor to authorize another refill.  Hopefully, he'll check his med count in the future (however, this was a pharmacy he doesn't typically use and then one he does use has not been a problem ever).

The only thing I could suggest for him (and anyone else) in the future is check the count.  I actually did that a few months ago with something we ordered from Canada (we're in the US).  It was supposed to be a bag of 60, and I counted the items.  It was a bag of 53 (of course, one of the first things I noticed was the bag had a hole, which, I believe, is what prompted me to count them).  They ended up sending us another bag of 60 (rather than the missing seven, probably because, like I said, these bags are supposed to be sealed).

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
I will definitely keep my receipts as I pay cash and count from now on.