Author Topic: yowling freako banshee psycho snowflake cat  (Read 2451 times)

bigozzy

yowling freako banshee psycho snowflake cat
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:56:45 AM »
We live with a cat and she has let us stay with her for 18 years. She is petite, beautiful, elegant and has a huge set of leather lungs and could rip your arm of at the elbow in a blink.

Lobey does not like change. Lobey expresses her dislike of change.

She used to do this by pooping in inappropriate places. Now she yowls dementedly in the middle of the night. I prefer the pooping.

Recently we went away for two weeks and left her in a cattery- mistake 1

We came back with American relatives who are staying with us- mistake 2

Two big changes and she is not happy.

Last night our jet lagged guests were all tucked up in bed after a happy day of catching up and picking up Lobey and her brother from the cattery.

Lobey spent the day building up. Sniff at guests, run away with sideways monkey shuffle. Sit in guest's open suitcase with a certain expression, run away with sideways monkey shuffle. Sit in corners glaring at me, run away with sideways monkey shuffle. Pin down gentle brother cat and smack around head repeatedly, run away with sideways monkey shuffle.

1am, 2am, 2.15am, 3am, 4am wander around yowling like a freako banshee psycho snowflake. 4.10am American, jetlagged niece sits huddled in bed, wide eyed and quivering begining to believe terrible stories Uncle Big ozzy tells about Scottish ghosts.

7am wake up for work, step in freshly vomited grass. Cat looks at me with a "What?" expression and demands to be fed.

Big ozzy shows lobey electric razor and threatens to shave her.

No visible affect noticed.

End.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
Re: yowling freako banshee psycho snowflake cat
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »

No advise, but that is funny.
Especially about the Scottish ghosts.  ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

jassou

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
excuse me, can I have my cat back?

;D

bigozzy

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:08:37 AM »

;D

Fur intact?

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »
I love it when cats do things like this.

Not least because they make most amazingly entertaining thread topics!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

jassou

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »

;D

Fur intact?

actually, I might take you up on that dare. I know my yowling banshee: she has a force field of I swear more than four legs with suprisingly sharp claws. But she's a darling when she's asleep (on my face), so that might be your best shot.

vorbau

• walking around naked doesn't make you an emperor
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
Don't know if it would help, but it did work on my yowling banshee three-legged evil Basement Cat Light: Bache Rescue Remedy. I gave him two shots down the throat and put some in his water bowl; it did calm him a little bit. Like from "completely evil screaming feline Cthulhu" to "bakeneko."
Let's roll. (And you can't scare me; I've had teenagers.)

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
Is she a calico by chance? Calicos are known for having attitudes like that, totally sounds like something they would do.

Thanks for such a LOL!!!

bigozzy

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »
Is she a calico by chance? Calicos are known for having attitudes like that, totally sounds like something they would do.

Thanks for such a LOL!!!

Half Manx/Russian Blue all attitude.

bigozzy

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
Don't know if it would help, but it did work on my yowling banshee three-legged evil Basement Cat Light: Bache Rescue Remedy. I gave him two shots down the throat and put some in his water bowl; it did calm him a little bit. Like from "completely evil screaming feline Cthulhu" to "bakeneko."

Might be worth a try. I find irritable 3am chasing around the living room with a water pistol to be ineffective.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
You might want to take kitty to the vet for some bloodwork.  My cat, at about age 17, started yowling in the middle of the night.  The vet wanted to check for a thyroid condition, which it turned out she had.  She's on meds for it now.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem and her current diagnosis, at age 20, is 'feline dementia'.

I had to rehome her with my Dad because my fibromyalgia didn't work well with her yowling.  My Dad gets up at 3 or 4:00 am when she yowls and feeds her.  She quiets down and he goes back to sleep.  There's someone crazy in that household and I don't think it's the cat!   :D

The other fix I've heard about is to chase her around/play her really hard in the evening to tire her out so she sleeps during the night.  Most cats tend to be more nocturnal so they are awake at night.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
Holy cat, the thread title would be an epic name for a band.
Words mean things.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »
Holy cat, the thread title would be an epic name for a band.

"Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for The Yowling Freako Banshee Psycho Snowflake Cat!" LOL it has a very nice ring to it :)

Shea

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55:01 PM »
Wow, I could have sworn I just saw my cat a few minutes ago...how'd you get her, bigozzy?

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

bigozzy

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 06:03:03 AM »
Wow, I could have sworn I just saw my cat a few minutes ago...how'd you get her, bigozzy?

Did you boot her up the backside and she landed in Scotland? I threatened to boot her to America two nights ago at 2am.

It seems to have worked as we were awoken only once at 6am this morning. I feel thoroughly punished for leaving her in a cattery.

As I type the cat is curled in a gray ball on my lap. One eye just creaked open in warning so I must say what a pretty, good cat she is, oh yes.