News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 06, 2015, 07:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 905858 times)

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6060 on: June 28, 2015, 07:51:35 PM »
I don't know what kind of spider I woke up to in the kitchen sink this morning. But it was a special rare kind that multiplies when you add water, kind of like hatching sea monkeys, I imagine. It took a few minutes for my coffee deprived brain to register said spider in the sink. Nothing happened until I started filling my coffee pot and spilled water on the spider. Suddenly, I have five million minion babies racing all over the sink. And the master spider boldly began to swim where no spider had swum before. They all went down the pipe rather than me turn off the water and face them.

It was not my finest moment. But I felt much more normal after my cup of coffee.

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6061 on: June 29, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
I don't know what kind of spider I woke up to in the kitchen sink this morning. But it was a special rare kind that multiplies when you add water, kind of like hatching sea monkeys, I imagine.

Some mama spiders carry their babies on their back. 

KimberlyM

« Reply #6062 on: June 30, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »
I don't know what kind of spider I woke up to in the kitchen sink this morning. But it was a special rare kind that multiplies when you add water, kind of like hatching sea monkeys, I imagine. It took a few minutes for my coffee deprived brain to register said spider in the sink. Nothing happened until I started filling my coffee pot and spilled water on the spider. Suddenly, I have five million minion babies racing all over the sink. And the master spider boldly began to swim where no spider had swum before. They all went down the pipe rather than me turn off the water and face them.

It was not my finest moment. But I felt much more normal after my cup of coffee.

That's pretty much my worst nightmare.  I've got the heebie jeebies just reading it!

Mary Lennox

« Reply #6063 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
When I was about 10 I had a spiders hatch inside the light fitting on my bedroom ceiling. Didn't see them until I was getting ready for bed and noticed I had hundreds of black dots running across my ceiling. We got the vacuum cleaner and sucked them up. Probably missed a few, but I wasn't too worried about one or two. It's was the rest of the hundred I wanted gone!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #6064 on: June 30, 2015, 06:41:09 PM »
It's been raining frequently since the middle of April.

I just walked through my tiled entry hall...and stepped on an earthworm looking for a dry spot...with bare feet.

Urrk...at least I didn't trip and spill my dinner...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #6065 on: July 01, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »
My dad squashed a big spider in the kitchen once ans allllll the little babies went flying. My mom said he screamed like a girl.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #6066 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
The Good Ethnic Boy had a fairly useless housemate when he was in uni - he and his friend had to teach Housemate how to do pretty well everything, including introducing him to the concept of rinsing the soap out of his clothes once he'd washed them.  ::) Well, one day Housemate mentioned that he'd seen a spider with a huge egg sac in his room, and the GEB and friend told him he needed to evict mama spider and her brood before they hatched.

You can probably tell where this is going. Housemate did no such thing, and a few days later the GEB walked out of his room to find the hall ceiling covered with thousands of leetle black spiderlings setting out to find their niche in the world. Now, I like spiders, and I wouldn't like to see that.

The GEB emphatically does not like spiders. He informed Housemate that he had better deal with the situation while everyone else was at class, or the GEB would be considering the merits of home-made flamethrowers.  >:D

Housemate's idea of 'dealing with it' was to spray most of a can of bug spray over the ceiling, then shut himself in his room. This did in fact take care of the spiderlings... to a point... because when they died, they all let go of their grip on the ceiling, and demonstrated that they were all starting to spin weblines. Sooooo the GEB and friend came home and cautiously opened the front door to discover thousands of little spiders festooning the hallway, dangling between face- and knee-height.

Housemate was summoned to finish dealing with his arachnid mess, and reportedly spent about two hours sucking them all up with the vacuum cleaner, one. by. one.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

missanpan

« Reply #6067 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
The Good Ethnic Boy had a fairly useless housemate when he was in uni - he and his friend had to teach Housemate how to do pretty well everything, including introducing him to the concept of rinsing the soap out of his clothes once he'd washed them.  ::) Well, one day Housemate mentioned that he'd seen a spider with a huge egg sac in his room, and the GEB and friend told him he needed to evict mama spider and her brood before they hatched.

You can probably tell where this is going. Housemate did no such thing, and a few days later the GEB walked out of his room to find the hall ceiling covered with thousands of leetle black spiderlings setting out to find their niche in the world. Now, I like spiders, and I wouldn't like to see that.

The GEB emphatically does not like spiders. He informed Housemate that he had better deal with the situation while everyone else was at class, or the GEB would be considering the merits of home-made flamethrowers.  >:D

Housemate's idea of 'dealing with it' was to spray most of a can of bug spray over the ceiling, then shut himself in his room. This did in fact take care of the spiderlings... to a point... because when they died, they all let go of their grip on the ceiling, and demonstrated that they were all starting to spin weblines. Sooooo the GEB and friend came home and cautiously opened the front door to discover thousands of little spiders festooning the hallway, dangling between face- and knee-height.

Housemate was summoned to finish dealing with his arachnid mess, and reportedly spent about two hours sucking them all up with the vacuum cleaner, one. by. one.

This came to mind after reading this post. Heh.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54711228.jpg

Chipmunky

« Reply #6068 on: Today at 11:48:21 AM »
DH and I just moved and had to completely scrub out the fridge in our new house, along with cleaning the rest of the place. The prior owners, it seems, stopped caring about routine cleaning or vacuuming once they accepted our offer on the house.  The master shower was absolutely disgusting- DH was in there with bleach, steel wool pads, and practically wore a biohazard suit while scrubbing it out (I get hives when exposed to strong chemicals, so he has bathroom duty while I dust everything and handle the laundry). We're probably going to rip it out in the next year and put in a tiled shower instead- we're a little nervous over what we might find, as it appears the caulking on the joints around the master shower (and the 2nd bathroom's tub/shower wall combos) has not been redone in several years. Mold anyone?

Funny esplody story- DH's Tupperware container of chopped cilantro exploded all over our other perishables in the cooler on the way to the new place. Still wiping off cilantro from the crevices on the frozen food bags.

By way of apology to me for getting pissy when I couldn't hear him upstairs requesting something, DH has given me pimple/black head remover privileges to do his back and his nose. I have an extractor for some of the deep seated nasties. Yay!

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #6069 on: Today at 11:54:25 AM »
When I was rolling the garbage can back in last week, I noticed that the bottom was full of maggots.

Elisabunny

« Reply #6070 on: Today at 02:10:32 PM »
OldestDaughter burned her fingers at our Independence Day cookout.  Her father and grandfathers decided to cheer her up with stories of various burns they had received.  Somehow that devolved into stories of smashed, swollen fingers that required drilling through the nail to relieve the pressure.  Complete with descriptions of blood and pus fountains.  ;D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

greencat

« Reply #6071 on: Today at 03:16:22 PM »
I made shrimp on Thursday last week - they were whole shrimp, so the heads and tails and shells and stuff went in the garbage.  This was a dreadful mistake, especially since I was gone all weekend and it was still raining a bit when I got home late Sunday night.  I dumped clean kitty litter on top and then tied the bag off so I could take the trash out in the morning.