Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 798514 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5730 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
This isn't gross per say, but more...surreal.

I had to wait around this morning and since I left home very early,  my first mission was coffee and breakfast.
I was in an unfamiliar building so I asked directions.
The very nice security guard gave me directions through the public access service tunnels to the food court in the adjacent hospital.

All was fine at first,  but eventually the directions broke down and I couldn't go any further.

I was going to ask a passing porter but he seemed  busy. So I approached a non-busy person in scrubs and admitted I was lost.

"So am I", she said cheerfully, so I'm following the porter. Let's ask him. "

So she asked him how I could get to the food court and he was happy to help.
So I listened carefully to this nice man tell me how to get to  breakfast,  while trying to pretend I didn't see the dead person under the sheet.

Then I went and ate breakfast,  but it feels kind of weird.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:51:56 AM by White Dragon »

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #5731 on: December 02, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »
This isn't gross per say, but more...surreal.

I had to wait around this morning and since I left home very early,  my first mission was coffee and breakfast.
I was in an unfamiliar building so I asked directions.
The very nice security guard gave me directions through the public access service tunnels to the food court in the adjacent hospital.

All was fine at first,  but eventually the directions broke down and I couldn't go any further.

I was going to ask a passing porter but he seemed  busy. So I approached a non-busy person in scrubs and admitted I was lost.

"So am I", she said cheerfully, so I'm following the porter. Let's ask him. "

So she asked him how I could get to the food court and he was happy to help.
So I listened carefully to this nice man tell me how to get to  breakfast,  while trying to pretend I didn't see the dead person under the sheet.

Then I went and ate breakfast,  but it feels kind of weird.

I can't stop giggling. That seems like something out of a sitcom and the way you described it is brilliant!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Reika

« Reply #5732 on: December 04, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
This really should fall under "things you shouldn't laugh at", but given the nature of the situation, I think this is a better place.

One of my co-workers got a claim for an ER visit. Since our policies aren't major medical, we have specific situations only that we cover depending on the benefit claimed. In this case it had to be for an accidental injury.

In the description of the accident given, the claimaint had been using a massager that slipped out of her hand and got lost. The description given by the hospital of the condition treated was "removal of foreign object from vagina".

Since it didn't seem like an accident she went to our manager to see if it should be paid or not. After choking a bit (she was trying not to laugh too), the manager said "Weelll, the result wasn't intentional."

We'd already been laughing (which we knew we shouldn't be, but couldn't help it), but we about died at her response. And yes, the claim was paid.

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #5733 on: Yesterday at 03:39:23 AM »
Glitter gets everywhere. That is all.

That reminds me of when I was in my mid-teens and in my Glitter!!!! phase. I was visiting my maternal grandparents one Christmas break and did stuff with glitter. What I didn't know until it was too late is that their cat got into the glitter. At first it looked like he'd just walked in the stuff and tracked around, but sadly no.

My grandfather went to change the litter box and yelled that it looked like the cat was pooping rainbows.

Glitter was forever banned from their house from that time on.

My old dog ate some glitter once...I called it "disco poop."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5734 on: Yesterday at 08:08:46 AM »
I've been pretty gross lately.

Last Thursday I must have eaten something that made my system slow down. Friday, I had a work brunch at a resort buffet restaurant. Eating all my favorites plus the slow down in the system had rather unpleasant results.

I've been having allergies and sinus issues due to pollen and dust. I'm a one woman snot factory.

I managed to separate metatarsals 1 & 2 and have spectacular bruising in that area. Due to the body reactions to that injury, I managed to pull my back off to the right a bit, so I am not exactly straight when standing or walking.

My elderly cat is having bowel control issues. There is bathing required on a regular basis.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5735 on: Yesterday at 12:39:31 PM »
I'm a phlegm factory myself right now - thought is was a sinus infection but after two rounds of antibiotics, it hasn't cleared up.  Must be allergies - but knowing my own medical history, I could have just caught the earliest stages of the over-stuffed & blocked sinuses starting to culture some bacteria or the other.  They do it in allergy season more often than not...

But the true story was coming home fafter spending some 55 days at DD's (her DH had knee surgery while she was almost eight months pregnant & expecting the baby to turn up early - baby showed up one day before his due date & Grandma flew home on the 15th day, after Mom was medically cleared to drive again)...and wanting a cup of hot tea.

I keep a Black & Decker Brew 'n Go on the kitchen counter to heat two cups of water for tea at one time & find that many teas brew up just fine in this coffeemaker.

Only it hadn't been emptied of tea leaves since the last time it was used...by me or by VorGuy, I do not know or remember.

White fuzz everywhere on the tea leaves. 

Trashed the tea "ball" and am running hot water & bleach though everything after running what could be run through the dishwasher through the dishwasher on a LONG cycle, with extra bleach. 

Seriously, it was "too bad to trash" - and too useful for hot tea, hot chocolate, and even hot water for instant soup (flu season is upon us), if it can be salvaged & cleaned enough...a botanist friend mentioned that most molds die after being "cleaned" with water a bit below the boiling point...so I figure enough bleach, water "almost" at the boiling point, and some vinegar (lime deposits might leave a crevice where a spore or two could hide - so lime deposits must also be removed) - followed by more rinsing with a paper filter in place(as a science experiment) or at least to check for visible signs of residual something or other....

Three hot bleach & water, two rinse cycles, to be followed by vinegar & water and then more rinse cycles...
« Last Edit: Today at 01:08:10 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

robobecky

« Reply #5736 on: Today at 11:24:04 AM »
I've been sick this week with bronchitis, a viral infection causing a sore throat, and an eye infection in both eyes. :o  No idea what I did to deserve this!  But I've been coughing up green phlegm like there is no tomorrow, some of it hard, some goopy, and both eyes have had mucusy discharge.  At one point I seriously had fluid leaking from every orifice in my head.  Even my ears were draining clear fluid.  I was finally put on antibiotics yesterday and I'm hoping to return to work tomorrow.  Needless to say it has not been a fun week.