Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 504548 times)

Giraffe, Esq

Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3225 on: September 08, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »

... the mechanic was able to unwind the ring, didn't charge me, and -- even more importantly -- didn't laugh at me.   ;D

And you will love him and cherish him and keep him as your mechanic for life!!  ;D

And call him George.

Even though his name is Howard.

ROTFL  I love you guys so much!

Actually, this garage has a few locations and I've already had wonderful service at the one by me.  But we had a crazy storm that knocked out a ton of power on Friday, so the closest one had no power on Saturday morning.  I went to the next town over and they turned out to be just as awesome as the first.  So I know the head honcho owner must be great, because clearly it's a company culture and not just one great guy I happened to talk to.

And yes, I will be holding on super tightly to this place for life.  ;D

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #3226 on: September 08, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
Don't put the baby in the jumper right after she's had a large meal. :X
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3227 on: September 09, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »
Yesterday I had minor surgery on my foot. This was the 4th and hopefully last procedure.
In the first 3 times they used local anesthesia. The plan for this time was to be a more powerful nerve block of the foot.

The anesthesiologist didn't want to do this and gave me a choice of general anesthesia or an epidural.
I am scared of epidurals so I chose general.

I submit this unexpected over - medicated condition as an exhibit in my defense. :)

As I was getting dressed to leave. I knew I was loopy, so I took extra time with things.
"Both socks on? Check. Everything in the bag? Check" and so on.

All was good and my friend  came to pick me  up. I stayed with them overnight.

Shortly after I started .moving around a bit, my pants started to feel...weird.
It felt like my underwear was crooked and my pant leg was cold and damp. ???
I tried to shift things around and discreetly checked to see if I had sat in something wet. Nope

This went on for a couple of hours until I finally slipped off to the washroom.
Which was where I discovered that while dressing I had tangled up in one of the padded blue medical towels. It was currently half stuffed into my underwear and the rest was wrapped around my leg.  :o ::)

I blame the drugs. That's all I can say!!!  ;D

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3228 on: September 09, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
^^^  LOL!  You did not wonder why suddenly your one leg had become so much chubbier than the other?   ;D

lilfox

« Reply #3229 on: September 09, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
White Dragon, that might have happened with an epidural or spinal block too.  I had both for my failed induction (epi) turned C-section (spinal).  Hours afterwards, I noticed that my one leg had started to pulse gently, but then eventually stronger and stronger.  Thinking something serious was happening (blood clots??), I called the nurse and quietly freaked out.

She said, "oh, nothing to worry about, don't you remember we talked about this?" and pulled back the blankets to reveal pressure casts on the entire length of both legs.  Yeah, despite being technically conscious the whole time, I had no memory of those being put on or described to me, and I couldn't feel them (or my legs) and had no reason to move the blankets anyway.

Re: my hair color post, the effect was more of a chemical burn than an allergic reaction.  It stopped bothering me in less than a day but I'm seeing my dermatologist soon about the eczema anyway.   :-[

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3230 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
Do not machine wash 2 dozen string back packs in the same load. The strings will tangle and you'll spend the next 20 minutes or so untangling them.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3231 on: September 10, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
For next time, would it work to wash them inside out?  (I'm not sure I know what a string back pack is...)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3232 on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
For next time, would it work to wash them inside out?  (I'm not sure I know what a string back pack is...)

Maybe, although there may not be a next time.  ;) I bought the back packs for an art project for my scout troop. The instructions on the fabric paint reads "wash fabric before using" so I threw the packs in the machine.

These are what I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TY7T7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3233 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:49 PM »
I've washed three or four similar ones in the washing machine - not plain white for crafting but olive drab digital camouflage, black, and purple - I found a couple of them at the thrift shop for a dollar or so and had a couple that VorGuy had gotten while teaching camp or with his school's logo on them.

I thought that they might come in handy for storing things...like the big maroon canvas cover for a metal shade frame about 10' x '10 square.  The original cardboard box tore up - the digital olive drab is just the right size and is not tearing up.  A few other things used as camping gear (one time a year) are also stored in the things.  The bits & pieces stay together with the strings drawn tightly.

They had these little plastic "locks" that I used to open the top to the max, then set the lock and tied the strings in loops to keep them from being long enough to tangle in each other.  If I am doing one of them for some reason (something spilled at the campground), I put them inside a net laundry bag used to keep socks or other small items of clothing (like bra straps) from tangling...the mesh allows the soapy water to get to the dirty drawstring bag....but the strings can't tangle nearly as much.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

snowfire

« Reply #3234 on: September 15, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »
Don't forget that you opened a couple of windows then decide to hose the spiderwebs off the outside of the house.  :-[  :o

I had to run in, mop up my wood floor, my desk, and I am currently running the fan in there.   And I didn't even get all of the spiderwebs.  >:(

NFPwife

« Reply #3235 on: Yesterday at 08:01:30 PM »
Don't forget that you opened a couple of windows then decide to hose the spiderwebs off the outside of the house.  :-[  :o

I had to run in, mop up my wood floor, my desk, and I am currently running the fan in there.   And I didn't even get all of the spiderwebs.  >:(

YIKES! What a mess.