News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 26, 2017, 11:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 405506 times)

Mal

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1470 on: October 21, 2016, 11:34:39 AM »
This is a sign at a wine shop owned by people who come from near the Canadian border.

We see a lovely drawing of a pink rose in a wine glass.  The caption reads 'Rose, eh?'

;D and it even works on more than one level  ;D

RevMaxx

« Reply #1471 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
These billboards went up all over our county. I had to snap it.

Spellcheck, it's a handy tool. ::)

What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

Thipu1

« Reply #1472 on: December 23, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
The wine shop punster is at it again.

Today's sign shows a slightly grinch-like character with a wine glass and the legend, 'Jack Frost sipping at merlots'.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1473 on: December 23, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
A local restaurant has some pretty good marketing people, but they put an event occurring on Sunday as being on the 24th. I told them, they responded, but they haven't fixed it.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1474 on: April 17, 2017, 07:58:16 AM »
Not so much funny, as it was confusing. While waiting, in a park to get our granddaughter from the other grandparents, I noticed a sign on a light pole. By city ordinance, there is not to be any loitering.

My first thought was, it's a park, people come here to, well, loiter. There was a lot of loitering going on yesterday, in the park too. Beautiful day.

jpcher

« Reply #1475 on: April 17, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
LOL!

That's it. Just LOL! Thanks for the giggle. ;D

Mustard

« Reply #1476 on: April 17, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »
Not a sign as such, but I saw something that made me grin written on the back of a steeplejack's van; apart from repairing steeples and other high up things, they are also 'lightning conductors'... I wondered whether they had to be replaced after each storm; 'get another one Fred; this one's melted!'

lilfox

« Reply #1477 on: April 24, 2017, 02:19:14 PM »
Spotted at work:  There's a poster advertising the benefits of van-pooling.  In large letters at the top, it reads "In a Van, You Can..." and listed below are purported benefits.

My favorite is the handwritten addition reading, "Live down by the river"   :D

Mustard

« Reply #1478 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
There are restrooms at two locations in a local shopping mall,  one a bigger facility than the other. I know what was meant by the sign, but feel the smaller unit could have been better signposted than 'overspill toilets'.

Gladly

« Reply #1479 on: Yesterday at 10:11:45 AM »
We have a small kitchen at work.  The ancient fridge died and was replaced.  The new one is a bit larger than the old one, which means that it is very easy to bash it when you (general) open the door to the room.  A sign appeared on the door:

"Beware of the fridge"

A few days later, I noticed that the sign had been altered:

man eating
"Beware of the ^ fridge"

After a few more days another handwritten note was added at the bottom:

man eating
"Beware of the ^ fridge"

"Does he want ketchup with that?"