Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 479794 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3195 on: Yesterday at 03:37:52 PM »
After a number of incidents where I discovered that my dressy shirts were made of too-thin fabrics, I now make sure I wear a patterned bra when I got to try on clothing.  It's like the designers don't have anyone check to see if their clothes are see-through...

When I was in high school, I had to get several dressy white shirts for band performances. Most of the shirts I tried on were basically sheer, so that a white bra was totally visible through the fabric.  My own mother tried to convince me that it was okay for me to wear it that way. And no, she didn't mean I should be wearing a camisole under the shirt and have that visible (which is a relatively acceptable style).  I very quickly taught myself about wearing a tan bra under white shirts.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

my own "don't do that":  don't assume that a "rounded teaspoon" of instant coffee is the same as the amount you can heap onto a regular spoon.  Apparently for months now I had been having at least twice as much caffeine as I thought I was, which I found out when I switched to regular brewed coffee for a week and found myself getting wicked withdrawal headaches every day that week.  Turns out I can't tell the difference when I have more caffeine, only when I have less...  Ouch.

I'm so pale that, for me, a pink bra is the least visible under light coloured shirts.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3196 on: Yesterday at 10:27:59 PM »
Very pale beige for me.

Don't leave your Rx sunglasses at a wedding venue 9 hours away from where you live. I'll start phone tag tomorrow. I cried when I realized they were gone. I can't afford to replace them at the moment.