News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• March 27, 2017, 02:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1381297 times)

GreenHall

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6990 on: Yesterday at 06:50:16 PM »
I had to clean a room in the hospital I work at after the patient left. The entire room smelled of rancid pee, and it was so pungent you could smell it from 3 rooms away in either direction. The co - worker cleaning with me finally managed to find some kind of cleaner that killed that smell, but I will never get that smell out of my nose. Not even breathing in the hand sanitizer for a second while I was cleaning my hands killed that, and it's killed some pretty pungent smells (and probably my nostrils too, lol).

I certainly don't blame the poor patient, because you can't help being sick, and likely the illness had something to do with that, if the room smelled that bad, but yuck!
Well there's a job I'm glad I avoided.  Saved me getting fired at least for umm...adding to the clean up.