Author Topic: Just sayin'  (Read 1335 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Just sayin'
« on: August 03, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
Try not to miss me too much! ;) lol!   My bff is flying in from Iowa tomorrow around noon and will be here for a week so I'll be MIA, but for a good reason! :D :D :D   I'm so excited, and just hoping we're able to do all we planned on doing! LOL!

So far we have the following planned.  USS Constellation in the Inner Harbor, painting the great room, walking tour of the town, bead store, Titanic exhibit at small discovery museum, Gettysburg shopping district (esp Irish import store), Adam's County Winery, Cunningham Falls, and Ocean City! :) :)  We reserved a hotel room by the beach since it's a 4 hr drive to get down there and back and didn't make much sense to make it just a day trip.   

And of course she's going to be introduced to the MD delicacy of steamed blue crabs with Old Bay and Thrasher's fries in OC.  :)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Just sayin'
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
have a great time
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
The Connie is a great ship! One of my ex-boyfriends was stationed on the Connie on her final deployment, and I was there when she came in for homecoming, and I went on a tour after they docked. It was a great experience!

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
I took the boys on the Connie last summer and had a lot of fun, and friend asked if it was something we could do while she's here.  :)  Since she's flying into BWI, we'll be near the harbor anyway, so it works out.  :)   

Will have to leave the house around 10 in the morning since it takes about an hour and a half to get to BWI from here.  That's the only thing about moving to W.MD...further away from major airports!  LOL!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
I wanna come!

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like a wonderful time!

(I hit post before I added my joke ::) . . .

What' you're not going to bring your fancy-schmancy gadget just to keep us updated on your every move? GASP! How rude!)

;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:04:53 PM by jpcher »

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:20:36 PM »
Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like a wonderful time!

(I hit post before I added my joke ::) . . .

What' you're not going to bring your fancy-schmancy gadget just to keep us updated on your every move? GASP! How rude!)

;D

LOL!!  Can you believe it?  I must be one of the few people without internet access on their mobile!   LOL!   I don't even have a QWERTY keyboard!   

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
The Connie is a great ship! One of my ex-boyfriends was stationed on the Connie on her final deployment, and I was there when she came in for homecoming, and I went on a tour after they docked. It was a great experience!

Samantha, I think your ex was on the other Constellation.  The one in the Baltimore harbor was launched in 1854.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constellation_%281854%29
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »

Samantha, I think your ex was on the other Constellation.  The one in the Baltimore harbor was launched in 1854.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constellation_%281854%29

Yep that's the one!  My friend's flight into Chicago was delayed because they weren't allowing any flights in or out, and by the time she got there, she missed her connecting flight but she's got another coming into Baltimore in 2 hours. :)   As long as we're still going to see the Constellation, she's ok with it all!  LOL!

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »
Oops! I didn't realize there were two of them! I knew that the Connie I was thinking of was decommissioned after her last cruise, and I thought she was going to be turned into a memorial... after looking her up on wikipedia, I see that didn't happen. :(

The one you are planning to see looks like more fun to tour anyway! :D

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:07 AM »
Okay, I just got home from dropping my friend off at BWI and I miss her already.  :'(  But oh, we had a great time while she was here!   We painted the living room, which we thought was going to take 2 days and only took one because the primer dried a lot faster than expected so we were able to get it done all in one day.   Took us 12 hours, but it looks sooooo different now!    And boy did we sleep well that night!  LOL!!

Don't know when I'll be able to see her again, as we need to put extra money towards doing things with the house and she's saving up to go to Ireland in 2 years so we'll see, but we had a great time.    It was DH's and the boys first time meeting her but they love her.  :)   She said they almost made her cry last night when DS1 said "Auntie J, I'm going to miss you when you go home" and DS2 said "Are you ever going to come back to see us again?"  She told him of course she'll come back to see them sometime, and he added, "Maybe sometime we can come see you?"