Author Topic: What the heck?!? UPDATE, Post 27  (Read 29542 times)

AdakAK

Re: What the heck?!? UPDATE, Post 27
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
Or this one...  http://www.ice-cream-recipes.com/ice_cream_sundae_best.htm

What! Gold Leaf? Caviar? Give me the vanilla ice cream, the fancy pants chocolate, and you can keep the rest of that outrageous sundae! Ok, maybe I'll try the gold dragets, but only because I don't want to admit that I don't know what they are  ;D

Yes, I saw it on the food network.  There is no way I wouldn't be disappointed at the end.  I'm way too cheap, er frugal, to get that for myself.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »
Man, I want peach ice cream, all I have right now is orange sherbet!

She sounds like she might be related to my best friend, who is the Queen of Overthinking. When I first met her, she was so cautious about giving and receiving offense that conversations would sometimes run like this:

Me: Boy, I could sure go for some peach ice cream. I know I probably shouldn't though, I didn't have a good breakfast.
QoO: Well, maybe you're right, I mean breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you wouldn't want to upset your stomach with ice cream. And besides, we can get food later, right?
QoO: You know, I just wanted to let you know, I was thinking about what I said, and I certainly didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't have ice cream. I wasn't trying to say anything about your weight, and I think you're very healthy and don't need to worry about anything like that. And I wasn't trying to suggest that we needed to eat now, we can eat whenever, I'm not picky.
QoO: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be nosy about your personal exercise and diet, that's your business, and I shouldn't be making comments about it.
.... (etc.)

Meanwhile I'm cracking up, because I haven't said Boo in the intervening moments. She's just trying to cover all the bases. She grew up with parents who are poor communicators. I forgive her. :) And she has gotten much better in therapy. I think she may even be stepping down as Queen of Overthinking - maybe your Facebook friend can replace her.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
I haven't heard anything else from Nancy Butz ("I don't mean to pry, BUT ..."), so maybe my silence was deafening.

But I am not going to stop posting about eating ice cream. And "getting my head read" is my favorite phrase for going to my psych or therapist, so I won't stop using it, either. So we shall see ...
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Jan74

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
I can see a few situations in which your status might be concerning - if previous statuses were:

"BRB taking insulin now"

"It has been 4 months since my quadruple bypass surgery"

"If you puke ice cream after you eat it, it has no calories"

"My reinforced bed just arrived. 5th new bed in 1 year"

I'm half kidding, but you get my point. Unless you've already indicated you have a health issue that would make ice cream pretty bad for you, she has no cause for concern.

Audrey Quest

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »
I think her PM had much more to do with her than with you.

Since she PMd you instead of commenting publicly, I think you could express your condolences for her sister and tell her that your health is no cause for concern.

She lost her sister and likely felt really helpless.  Now, she is casting you in the role and trying to help her sister all over again.  Not polite by any means but at least she did it privately.

And if she doesn't catch the hint, be blunt.  "I understand that you have suffered a great loss, but my health is really none of your concern."

Or just de-friend.

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 01:19:28 AM »
In the interim since my last post, she made a few more comments that were out of line. I defriended her.

Now I can have ice cream for breakfast tomorrow. ;D
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
Gee, I'd hate to see what she'd say about my future culinary student DS.  In the past year he's made the following flavors of ice cream:

Rose
Blood Orangese
Pomegranate
Chocolate Cayenne

He wants a waffle iron and more knives for Christmas

Calypso

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »
Your DS is a gem!.....3 out of 4 of those, I'm craving big time....the fourth, the Rose ice cream, what did it taste like? I imagine it was very pretty, but how would you describe the flavor?

BeagleMommy

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
The rose is my favorite.  He makes it every year for my birthday.  It's very fragrant and does take like roses smell.  If you've ever had anything made with rose water (sometimes Indian food uses it) that's the flavor.

ddawn23

Re: What the heck?!? UPDATE, Post 27, 52
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
Wasn't it President Zachary Taylor who supposedly died from eating cherries and drinking milk?  I know my father cautioned me about that as a child; I was never, never to combine the two.
It wasn't the combination that people think killed him.  He ate the milk and cherries after a long day of Fourth of July festivities.  It was the hottest Fourth of July on record and the milk had been sitting out all day.

But, as Elfmama pointed out, nobody really knows for sure what killed him.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »
Considering that "peaches and cream" is a traditional way to serve fruit, I doubt most people die from it.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Jan74

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
The superstition here in Brazil is mangoes with milk.

Turns out eating both together slows down the digestion of the fiber in the mango, compared to not having the milk, so you can feel uncomfortably full. People mistook that for "dying of congestion", apparently, and the folk tale says never ever to mix those, or you'll drop dead.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
Goodness, just dawned on me that most of the flavoured yogurt in the world must be deadly, because most of that is fruit flavouring. Often with emphasis that "this is REAL fruit, you know. Good for you, it is!"

My mother's cat delights in peach yogurt.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

channa17

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2011, 05:44:49 AM »
aaaaawwwkkkwwaaaarrrrdddd.

I would give that message the response it deserves: none.

I mean I feel for her on the loss of her sister but NO.