Author Topic: What on earth do I say when he asks me? Big update: he pressed on...  (Read 6916 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Re: What on earth do I say when he asks me? Big update: he pressed on...
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
Encouraging them is one thing, but I draw the line way before making a fool of themselves on national television.

LOL, I was looking through some X-Factor auditions on youtube the other night and thinking "reeeeaaaaly??" They all told you you've got a great voice??? ::)

They may be tone-deaf themselves.

I went to college for art, and one of the things I do is oil painting. I'm just average, but I like it. My dad tells me I am a fabulous painter, and I like that he is proud of me -BUT- he is still wrong.

Maybe those people don't have anyone IRL to compare themselves to, or to properly critique them. Maybe they just sing along to the radio and a family member or a friend keeps telling them they sound awesome. So they give it a shot and they get horribly embarrassed.

It is good that your DH has someone like you in his life - to listen to him practice, and to give him an honest opinion. He's a pretty lucky guy.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Nora

Re: What on earth do I say when he asks me? Big update: he pressed on...
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »
Thank you, blue. That was a wonderful compliment, particularly since I initially was very afraid of being chastised for this thread. I'm so glad I asked for help, it truly made all the difference.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.