Author Topic: Is there anything more that I can do, party update page 2  (Read 8010 times)

blarg314

• Super Hero!
Re: Is there anything more that I can do
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 06:39:35 AM »

I think there's a limited amount *you* can do here - it's very easy to come across as the controlling girlfriend.  For most of it, it's up to your boyfriend to both repel this woman, and to explain to his friends what is going on.

One thing you can do that might help is if you can figure out some way of hosting his friends - have a get-together or movie night at your place, but don't invite problem girl. That might make it clear that it's not his friends that are the problem, and that you want to socialize with them, but that's it's the one, particular woman.

And I agree that she wants her toy back.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
We have decided to take your advice and we are hosting a BBQ  next weekend and we are inviting several of his friends as well as several of mine.  We sent out an Evite this weekend as so far we are getting back several positive responses

Shay

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »
Best wishes Shay! 
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Nora

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
Good luck! I'm also in the "make/let BF handle it"-camp, btw.  ;)
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Granny Takes a Trip

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 11:11:56 AM »

Good luck! She sounds like a nightmare. She sounds a bit like your other 'friend' Moochzilla-ie a user who constantly uses her looks to sponge off other people. I cannot stand people like that, whether they are men or women (and I have known more that one man like that, it isn't just women by any means)
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »
So the party is this weekend  and I thought I would update with the menu to see if it needs any tweaks

Appetizers
Veggie tray
Chips with salsa and guacamole
Buffalo chicken meatballs
 Lil smokies

Main dishes
Grilled chicken and ribs
Grilled veggie skewers
Hamburgers
Grilled sausage
Spicy rice
Potato salad
Baked beans
Mixed green salad
Cole slaw

Dessert
Banana split cupcakes
Sticky cookies
Fruit salad

Drinks
Beer, soda, juices, wine ,  water, rum, vodka  , party punch 

Does the menu look ok  or do you think I need to add to it,  no one thatís coming is a vegetarian or have an allergies that they have mentioned

Shay

Dragonflymom

Re: Is there anything more that I can do, party menu update pg 2
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
Looks like a pretty good mix of meat, fruit, veggies, and carbs to me.

As a vegetarian, your menu looks completely fine even if you had some vegetarian guests, there are plenty of veggie options on there. :)
"By swallowing evil goats unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach"  Winston Churchill

ncgal

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »
Sounds great.   What time should we be there?   ;)

Hope everyone has a great time!

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 10:41:04 AM »
Update

I thought I would let everyone know that the party was a huge success  I think aboiut 30 of BF friends showed up.  Although we did one almost disaster,  A certain person posted on Facebook about the fact that we were having a party and how I was trying to steal all of her friends, and how dare we not invite her but it didnít matter because she was coming anyway. One of the people invited to the party emailed  us her rant, so BF and I decided  move the party to my house and to email everyone that accepted to let them know of the new location.

It actual worked out better since  my house is closer to most of his friendís houses than his is and I have a large backyard with a deck, plus I was doing the majority of the  cooking..,  The other funny thing was the new location also helped to clear up some rumors about me that I was unaware of , so that was also a good thing. 

I know that this was evil of me but one of the funniest things that happened was a certain person posted on their wall again the day of the party making jokes about the fact that no one must have come to our party because she drove by and no one was there and how stupid I was to think that I could steal her friends and hw that what we got for not inviting her.  I just laughed to myself >:D.

Shay

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Is there anything more that I can do, party update page 2
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
So glad things worked out, shay!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
The FB updates are hilarious.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

NamŠriŽ

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »
I know that this was evil of me but one of the funniest things that happened was a certain person posted on their wall again the day of the party making jokes about the fact that no one must have come to our party because she drove by and no one was there and how stupid I was to think that I could steal her friends and hw that what we got for not inviting her.  I just laughed to myself >:D.

Whoa! That is kind of crazy creepy! How kind of her to display her crazy for everyone to see.

I'm glad your party was such a success!
Competence is a trap!
I mostly don't make stuff, but sometimes I do: http://initiationcreation.blogspot.com

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
The FB updates are hilarious.

I was really glad about the first one because it let us know in advance what she was planning to do , though it was a scramble to make sure that everyone knew the new location

Shay

Nora

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
Hooray for the fun party! Can I ask what rumors the new location cleared up? My mind is going crazy with the location specific possibilities!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 12:23:31 PM »
Hooray for the fun party! Can I ask what rumors the new location cleared up? My mind is going crazy with the location specific possibilities!

There were told that i lived in goverment housing on welfare .  They were suprised to find out that it was my house adn even more surprised to find otu that i had lved there for he past 3 years

Shay