Author Topic: Private info announced at staff meeting  (Read 3773 times)

staceym

Re: Private info announced at staff meeting
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 10:52:06 AM »
I imagine you might have been a little shocked if this is something that isn't normally done in your office; but, my hours were cut down to 32 in April along with six other people.  We were given the choice of taking a whole day and what day we wanted to take, or shorter work days.  Once everyone's schedule was set an office wide email was sent out to let everyone know.

I guess in our case it was a little different in that it would be very noticeable every Friday that 5 people were never showing up (one person took shorter days and the other took a Monday).

So, to me I don't really think of it as private information. 

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
Just another thought, but I actually think it was probably the right thing to do. People would have noticed anyway, and instead of them speculating that you got your hours cut due to poor work performance, he made it known that it was not your fault, and you had been a good employee and team player. I actually think it makes you look good.

Expanding on the speculation aspect.

They may also notice someone not being in as much and think it is favoritism or slacking off which could lead to resentment.

HeeBeeJeeBee

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
yes, that was exactly it - I was a little taken aback and a little embarrassed - but thanks, everyone, for your view points.  :)