Author Topic: My Eyes! My Eyes!  (Read 4450 times)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
Re: My Eyes! My Eyes!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 11:47:03 PM »
That's just so Eeeeewwww! It's so wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to start. Frankly I wouldn't say anything because I think it's just going to cause a lot of Facebook drama (and personally I've had too much of that lately!) and that won't lead anywhere good, just a lot of anger and hurt feelings. I think you should just defriend this guy immediately if not sooner and let it go at that.

Ed.

Alex the Seal

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 04:55:15 AM »
WHY do people think this is appropriate information to share?  The act itself I won't comment on, but why broadcast it?  I'd hide him from your feed.

I assume that the same impulse that made them think it was appropriate to do in the first place.

I think as long as they don't spend much longer in the dressing room than she otherwise would to try on the clothes (I assume this occurred when she was trying something on), and don't go any further than "making out" and "topless", they're possibly in the clear for what they did. I mean, I guess it's theoretically in private.

But sharing it on Facebook?  ::) Often the people who overshare most on that kind of topic are those who are actually experiencing it the least, so maybe, Auntie Venom, for the sake of your eyes you could just pretend that he was making it up  ;)

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 09:15:04 AM »
  When someone is so casual to inform you of their actives I don't think it would be rude to reply back with" brain bleach please" or "it seemed just last week I was changing her diaper my how they grow".  I wouldn't put on your Adult voice and explain how he was wrong but some casual teasing that might make him think would be appropriate.   

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
While that is TMI for anyone, think about this. There is apparently a fan page called "Morning Sex" - consider how I felt when I saw that my son-in-law had "liked" it.

:P

Hugs... I'm doing the "icky spider" dance just picturing that popping up and realization setting in.

My mother just has to put up with me liking stormtroopers and the Safety Dance =P
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
So, in a situation like this, would saying "Get the brain bleach!" be considered retalitory rudeness, or a completely appropriate response?

Because that would be my first reaction. My second would be to defriend, if I were in danger of reading stuff like this.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:49:35 PM by DangerMouth »

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 03:41:08 PM »
While that is TMI for anyone, think about this. There is apparently a fan page called "Morning Sex" - consider how I felt when I saw that my son-in-law had "liked" it.

:P

Hugs... I'm doing the "icky spider" dance just picturing that popping up and realization setting in.

My mother just has to put up with me liking stormtroopers and the Safety Dance =P

Haha....I mentioned it to my daughter on the phone a day or so later. I said, "Tell your husband I don't really need to know what time of day he likes to get his freak on." She repeated my message verbatim, and I could hear him bust out laughing in the background.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
Please send this to Failbooking.com.

LeeLee88

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
Indeed, to Failbooking with this! 

Also, Auntie Venom, I too have vomited in my mouth over posts like this from my brothers' girlfriends.  I sent the one a message that said, "You know I can see this, right?  That's flippin' gross."  (It was an incredibly, ridiculously, TMI post) After that, they all got hidden.  I have no clue what they're up to, but they can't see me, and I can't see them, and life is blissful, that's all I know.

I would love to know the the thought process that they go through in order to reach the conclusion that posting junk like that is a good idea.  At the very least, you'll get someone writing back, "Oh yes... please... continue *grin grin grin*"  ::)

Amava

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
So, in a situation like this, would saying "Get the brain bleach!" be considered retalitory rudeness, or a completely appropriate response?

Because that would be my first reaction. My second would be to defriend, if I were in danger of reading stuff like this.

I would regard "Brain bleach!" and "My eyes!" comments as innocent bantering, not retaliatory rudeness, in a situation like this.

I would love to know the the thought process that they go through in order to reach the conclusion that posting junk like that is a good idea.  At the very least, you'll get someone writing back, "Oh yes... please... continue *grin grin grin*"  ::)
I have some thoughts on this, but they are a bit "mean" and they might also be interesting assumptions. I'll share them, but they might sound a bit female-doggy. It boils down, for me, to a form of exhibitionism, people feeling the need to talk about their sex life in public. To me it always makes them seem a bit desperate and insecure, as if they have to prove to other people how good their sex life is and how strongly they are attracted to each other.
/end female-dogginess

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »
(snip)
I have some thoughts on this, but they are a bit "mean" and they might also be interesting assumptions. I'll share them, but they might sound a bit female-doggy. It boils down, for me, to a form of exhibitionism, people feeling the need to talk about their sex life in public. To me it always makes them seem a bit desperate and insecure, as if they have to prove to other people how good their sex life is and how strongly they are attracted to each other.
/end female-dogginess

ITA, and I don't see any female-doggy-ness in your assesment.

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »
Just unfriend him or hide his news feed. No other action is needed. :)
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 09:56:01 AM »
WHY do people think this is appropriate information to share?  The act itself I won't comment on, but why broadcast it?  I'd hide him from your feed.

I assume that the same impulse that made them think it was appropriate to do in the first place.

I think as long as they don't spend much longer in the dressing room than she otherwise would to try on the clothes (I assume this occurred when she was trying something on), and don't go any further than "making out" and "topless", they're possibly in the clear for what they did. I mean, I guess it's theoretically in private.

Not really - at least where I'm from, very few dressing rooms are completely enclosed. Not to mention such people usually engage in a lot of giggling and moaning.

It's clear that from the way he was publicizing it that he was getting a thrill out of being in public. I really doubt they were normally discreet people who just got hit with an unexpected blast of uncontrollable passion.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
I could see a little morning sax - jazz music wakes me up nicely.  Morning *near homonym* is PRIVATE information and I promise not to put pictures of *us* in your head if you don't put pictures of *you* in my head!

After all, my parents had four kids without any such activity, I had two without my parents needing to know anything but the due dates, and my daughter is due in November without me wanting or needing to know anything but the due date*.

*Although the odds of the baby arriving earlier than that due date are something like 7 to 1, based on the due dates vs birth dates on my mother's side of the family.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?