Author Topic: Someone on YouTube isn't a troll?  (Read 989 times)

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
Someone on YouTube isn't a troll?
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
There's a particular career that interests me which I'll likely never be able to do. So when I stumbled upon some videos on YT of a person in this career doing his thing despite the difficulty of juggling a camera while doing it, I was intrigued. I commented thanking him for uploading, and he replied "You're welcome. If there's any other procedures you'd like to see, just let me know and I'll make a video."

This strikes me as really, really sweet, not only because he's offering to go through the effort to make more videos upon my request, but because he's graciously assuming that I know enough about the field to know what to ask for, rather than acting all superior.

I guess I could just be really hormonal, or maybe I don't get out enough, but it made my day. This guy also volunteers as a bush firefighter.

ETA: No, I did not reply to his reply with "Wow, someone on YT isn't a troll!" Although I thought it.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
Re: Someone on YouTube isn't a troll?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
Oh, I've had lovely comments from uploaders whom I've thanked. Mostly some obscure song from decades ago. Everyone likes to be appreciated, so I always remember to 'like' a video, even if I don't comment on it.