Author Topic: Ignore or respond?  (Read 2399 times)

Shiraz_Much?

• formerly celtic1973
  • Good wine is a necessity of life for me -Jefferson
Re: Ignore or respond?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 01:13:16 PM »
Because I am mean-spirited that way, I would probably post an utter non sequitur as a response. Something like, oh, I don't know, "Zebras are the free-range bar codes of the Serengeti."

Or maybe "Cheese: milk's leap toward immortality."
I love these!  Can I steal the cheese one??!

New York
My soul is adrift in oceans of madness - Disturbed

Wine is sunlight, held together by water! - Galileo Gallilei

Sterling

• Oh Stupid Me- Blogs about Things That Drive Me Crazy
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »
I am going to have to the use hte zebra one as my status for the day.  That was to darn perfect.
93 93/93

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »
This person probably thinks you have insulted his friend.

And he is defending his friend.

Just drop it.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »
I saw something similar happen yesterday on a friendís profile. One of her friends had jokingly called her a female dog, and another friend jumped on her about it, saying how wrong it was, etc. Well, my friend and her friend had to come on and explain how this was okay in their rel@tionship to do this. Really, I donít understand why others have to mind someone elseís business like that. Even if you disagree with it, it still doesnít concern you to begin with, so why say anything?

I don't think people should play those sorts of "inside jokes" on a Facebook status/update.

But putting it out there on the Facebook newsfeed, you *are* making it other people's business.

Or at the very least, don't get all bent out of shape when someone takes you seriously. Maybe in their life, there are nasty people who *would* post something like that seriously.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »

posting something on someone's fb page means it specifically *wasnt* intented for one person to read.  If it was, a PM would be teh appropriate medium. 
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »
Is he on your friends list too?  How did he have access to your profile?

CreteGirl

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 03:03:47 AM »
Is he on your friends list too?  How did he have access to your profile?
He read my public profile.

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
I saw something similar happen yesterday on a friendís profile. One of her friends had jokingly called her a female dog, and another friend jumped on her about it, saying how wrong it was, etc. Well, my friend and her friend had to come on and explain how this was okay in their rel@tionship to do this. Really, I donít understand why others have to mind someone elseís business like that. Even if you disagree with it, it still doesnít concern you to begin with, so why say anything?

I don't think people should play those sorts of "inside jokes" on a Facebook status/update.

But putting it out there on the Facebook newsfeed, you *are* making it other people's business.

Or at the very least, don't get all bent out of shape when someone takes you seriously. Maybe in their life, there are nasty people who *would* post something like that seriously.

Even though it's a public comment, without knowing the situation, one should never jump down another's throat like that. In this case, it was perfectly acceptable between these two friends to talk like that, and the other person just made herself look stupid.

ChristiKayAnn

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »
I am going to have to the use hte zebra one as my status for the day.  That was to darn perfect.

Me, too and I'll probaly use the cheese one for tomorrow.

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
Because I am mean-spirited that way, I would probably post an utter non sequitur as a response. Something like, oh, I don't know, "Zebras are the free-range bar codes of the Serengeti."

Or maybe "Cheese: milk's leap toward immortality."

OK, I am totally using these as titles in an upcoming blog post!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
It's usually best not to feed the drama llamas.  They may look cute and fuzzy at first, but they bite!

You can, however, sing The Llama Song to yourself as you scroll by their posts.   >:D

My office is going to hate you for introducing me to this song! >:D
If wisdomís ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls