Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Compatibilly View question.

(1/2) > >>

Zilla:
When I try to reply to someone and run into that annoying line jumping thing, I hit the view button and it will reset the page but I will lose the reply page and it takes me to an error page that says I tried posting a blank post or something like that.

I have tried hitting the view button before I hit reply, but it seems that view button only works for one page at a time?

Any other tricks?

Scritzy:
If you are using IE8, look beside your browser address bar and see if there is a button that looks like a torn page. Click on that and see if it helps. If not, go into Tools to Compatibility View Settings and take it from there. Hope this helps!

Zilla:
Thanks Scritzy, I do click on that button, but it resets the page and I lose the reply.  When I try to go back and reply, I get the bouncing around thing.  Very strange, it seems that the view button only works once per "page" here on Etiqutte Hell.

Oh well, it is a great way to make sure my posts stay short.  ;D

Scritzy:

--- Quote from: Zilla on August 16, 2010, 08:48:02 AM ---Thanks Scritzy, I do click on that button, but it resets the page and I lose the reply.  When I try to go back and reply, I get the bouncing around thing.  Very strange, it seems that the view button only works once per "page" here on Etiqutte Hell.

--- End quote ---

Dang. I was hoping that would help. I only had to click the button once to add Ehell to my Compatibility settings.

You can always make more than one post. ;)

Zilla:

--- Quote from: Scritzy on August 16, 2010, 09:27:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zilla on August 16, 2010, 08:48:02 AM ---Thanks Scritzy, I do click on that button, but it resets the page and I lose the reply.  When I try to go back and reply, I get the bouncing around thing.  Very strange, it seems that the view button only works once per "page" here on Etiqutte Hell.

--- End quote ---

Dang. I was hoping that would help. I only had to click the button once to add Ehell to my Compatibility settings.

You can always make more than one post. ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh hey it worked!  You gave me a clue on the settings.  I didn't realize there was a settings and thought it was just the button.  I went into settings and added ehell and then checked allow all sites.  Now it works! Yay, so thanks. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version