Author Topic: Compatibilly View question.  (Read 1335 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Compatibilly View question.
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:43:20 PM »
When I try to reply to someone and run into that annoying line jumping thing, I hit the view button and it will reset the page but I will lose the reply page and it takes me to an error page that says I tried posting a blank post or something like that.

I have tried hitting the view button before I hit reply, but it seems that view button only works for one page at a time?

Any other tricks?

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
Re: Compatibilly View question.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »
If you are using IE8, look beside your browser address bar and see if there is a button that looks like a torn page. Click on that and see if it helps. If not, go into Tools to Compatibility View Settings and take it from there. Hope this helps!
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
Thanks Scritzy, I do click on that button, but it resets the page and I lose the reply.  When I try to go back and reply, I get the bouncing around thing.  Very strange, it seems that the view button only works once per "page" here on Etiqutte Hell.

Oh well, it is a great way to make sure my posts stay short.  ;D

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »
Thanks Scritzy, I do click on that button, but it resets the page and I lose the reply.  When I try to go back and reply, I get the bouncing around thing.  Very strange, it seems that the view button only works once per "page" here on Etiqutte Hell.

Dang. I was hoping that would help. I only had to click the button once to add Ehell to my Compatibility settings.

You can always make more than one post. ;)
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:53:04 PM »

Dang. I was hoping that would help. I only had to click the button once to add Ehell to my Compatibility settings.

You can always make more than one post. ;)

Oh hey it worked!  You gave me a clue on the settings.  I didn't realize there was a settings and thought it was just the button.  I went into settings and added ehell and then checked allow all sites.  Now it works! Yay, so thanks. :)

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:59:59 AM »
Hooray!  ;D
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

JoW

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
Or use my favorite trick.  Type your entire reply in Word.  Spell check it.  Re-arrage the paragraphs to suit you, then copy it from Word and paste it here.

Then discover that in the hour it took you to do all that the thread has taken a new turn and your post no longer fits.  I admit it, my trick is not perfect.