Author Topic: "Exes" on Facebook  (Read 3431 times)

Judah

• California, U.S.A
Re: "Exes" on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »

Me 3

I would wonder why this ex is keeping tabs on PnQ's. It was a very brief less than a month, couple of dates kind of thing, certainly not a long history of d@ting or even having been friends before hand.

Stalkerish... much...??

OP, I'm glad you've blocked him  

I would hardly call his behavior stalkerish.  It's not like he had to go out in search of information on Peas;  they were FB friends.  If Peas didn't want him to see her posts she just had to de-friend him. 

I honestly don't think the guy did anything wrong in responding to a post that more than likely showed up on his feed.  And if Peas doesn't want him privy to her information the right thing to do is de-friend and block. 
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
I would wonder why this ex is keeping tabs on PnQ's. It was a very brief less than a month, couple of dates kind of thing, certainly not a long history of d@ting or even having been friends before hand.

Stalkerish... much...??

I would hardly call his behavior stalkerish.  It's not like he had to go out in search of information on Peas;  they were FB friends.  If Peas didn't want him to see her posts she just had to de-friend him. 

I honestly don't think the guy did anything wrong in responding to a post that more than likely showed up on his feed.  And if Peas doesn't want him privy to her information the right thing to do is de-friend and block. 

Agreed, and  if you're going to call him stalker-ish for doing something completely with in the realm of normal  for that medium, what does that make PnQ's for friending him after such a casual, short, relationshp in the first place?   It goes both ways.

OP, I'm glad you've resolved this issue in a way that's satisfactory for you. 
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »
see i was thinking that this was his unsubtle way of letting her know that he could still see her feeds

Shay

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »
I agree that he was not stalking at all, I just thought it was wierd that if my post upset him at all he didn't take the steps to hide my feed.

My motives for friending him were a little stalkerish because I wanted to review his FB to get a better idea of his personality!  ;D I think I was on there once or twice and then hid his feed because his updates weren't that interesting and were taking up room on my page lol.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Dragons 8 Cactus

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 01:49:49 PM »

Stalkerish... much...??

Agreed, and  if you're going to call him stalker-ish for doing something completely with in the realm of normal  for that medium, what does that make PnQ's for friending him after such a casual, short, relationshp in the first place?   It goes both ways.

OP, I'm glad you've resolved this issue in a way that's satisfactory for you. 

Thanks guys << gentle smiles>>> My background probably plays into my answer. Once you've been stalked, forever your mind goes there first, when things are a little sus.

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Nora

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:17 AM »
Don't worry about it Dragons, previous experience is known to mess with your perception. Deity knows it still influences mine.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.