Author Topic: Do I have any responsbility here?  (Read 2849 times)

ettiquit

Re: Do I have any responsbility here?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
Do you and N have absolutely *no* other mutual friends or mutual "friends" or common acquaintances?

Honestly, no.  Even though we were friends, our crowds never really mingled.  And until K friended me, I hadn't talked to either of them in 7 years.

ettiquit

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
Here's the problem.  The referring url on my counter was FB.  My page is private.  The only possible way for N to access my website via FB is if he has access to my profile.  We're not FB friends, and I have a strong suspicion that he may have K's login info.  I did double-check to make sure that my page is still private, and it is.

Did you check the "how your profile appears to person" test, or just the settings? Because there is some info (name, profile pick, possibly networks) that is displayed to the public on your profile, and although I don't have a linked website on mine, this could include the "my homepage" link.

Yeah, I have another FB account setup for business so I use that account to test my privacy settings.  I went through as many scenarios as possible to get to this link without being my FB friend and I couldn't.

jibby

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
I have to agree with PPs to stay out of it.  There seem to be several other possibilities, even though they could be unlikely, especially given your gut feeling.

Plus, anyone who is divorcing should change all passwords immediately to something the soon-to-be-ex wouldn't guess.  I suppose you could casually mention this to K.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
I also endorse staying out of it.

K may not have an objection to you being in contact with N on Facebook, and even if she does, it should stay between her and N.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

ettiquit

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
I have no problem staying out of it.  I just wanted to make sure I had no moral obligation to tell K my suspicions.

Thanks all!