Author Topic: Sibling Rivalry  (Read 5157 times)

NestHolder

Re: Sibling Rivalry
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »

No matter what really happened, it was tacky and tasteless of Ben to air his family's dirty laundry in a tabloid!

It's entirely probable that the tabloid approached him, scenting a possible story.  They might even have decided what the story was going to be before they even interviewed Ben... it's outrageous what the newspapers (and rubbish magazines) get up to.

Shortcake

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 07:28:26 PM »

No matter what really happened, it was tacky and tasteless of Ben to air his family's dirty laundry in a tabloid!

It's entirely probable that the tabloid approached him, scenting a possible story.  They might even have decided what the story was going to be before they even interviewed Ben... it's outrageous what the newspapers (and rubbish magazines) get up to.

You are right. i am sure that happens a lot. I am sure many famous people are misquoted, or their words are taken out of context.
The reason I said what I did was, there was a video link on the same page.I was curious if it was the same as the written article. It was Ben giving an interview. He was saying the same things that were in the article. He looked angry and bitter.
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

NestHolder

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »

You are right. i am sure that happens a lot. I am sure many famous people are misquoted, or their words are taken out of context.
The reason I said what I did was, there was a video link on the same page.I was curious if it was the same as the written article. It was Ben giving an interview. He was saying the same things that were in the article. He looked angry and bitter.

How sad.  The perfect way to make sure the family is split and unhappy for years.

Larrabee

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
Is it too cynical of me to wonder if the whole 'story' is being exaggerated/embellished to get in the papers and they're quite possibly both in on it and sharing the takings?

After all, Olly is hardly a superstar over here, most people fade to obscurity after appearing on X Factor and they say no publicity is bad publicity.

secretrebel

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:24 AM »
A friend of mine was going to be on a reality show for a craft she does. But in the initial auditions she found out that the taping would clash with her sister's wedding. She was looking forward to being on the show (and was called back for another audition and asked about her schedule for the taping) but she pulled out so she could be sure of making the wedding.

I would think that most people, even if they had hopes of making the final, would probably tell themselves they were unlikely to get through and pull out because of the pre-existing commitment.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 12:43:20 PM »
A friend of mine was going to be on a reality show for a craft she does. But in the initial auditions she found out that the taping would clash with her sister's wedding. She was looking forward to being on the show (and was called back for another audition and asked about her schedule for the taping) but she pulled out so she could be sure of making the wedding.

I would think that most people, even if they had hopes of making the final, would probably tell themselves they were unlikely to get through and pull out because of the pre-existing commitment.

I don't really believe that. Anyone who has the talent and the drive to be likely to get to the final of something like AI is unlikely to just shrug and say, "Well, I may be missing my one single chance to get the career I want, but hey, brother's getting married. I'm sure that when I'm sixty and looking at the pictures from the wedding in my bachelor apartment, I'll think that that's MUCH better than being a millionaire sitting on the deck of my yacht in the Bahamas watching the sun sparkle on my gold records."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
I am not sure the groom brother is much of a loss to speak to, he does not come across as one to sympathize with.

Even before the follow up links saying he could not get away, that was what i was thinking.  These shows often keep people locked down pretty tight,  does not surprise me at all that it was not that flexible. 

The brother seems sour, and likely needs some space to simmer down.  Sadly I am not sure i blame the twin for not feeding the drama llama.  Really if he had said something on TV than the brother could say he was stealing his thunder, if he had called/texted him he still could have been blamed if people were interested.

I for one would be very hurt and somewhat offended if someone i cared for gave up an excellent opportunity for my wedding.  Hopefully ill be in their life for the rest of ours, but you only get so many chances like this.  Id want them to take it.