Author Topic: Command Bosses Stood Up For Me  (Read 1548 times)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
Command Bosses Stood Up For Me
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
I got called by the useless front office secretary to help with a document. I told her it wasn't my document, it was the Flag Sec's and she needed to ask him, but she said no that I had to take it.

So, I walk over to the other building, take the document and bring it to the Flag Sec (military ranking gentleman), who sits in the room next to the front office secretary. I explained to him that the director wanted changes to the document but that I was concerned because the changes would make it out of alignment with navy correspondence standards. I told him that I would make the changes myself, but I wanted his approval first as it was his document.

He started getting really belligerent with me, snapping at me and telling me what I was asking wasn't making sense and generally being very rude to me. I remained calm and explained to him 3 or 4 times what I was looking for (approval to change the document to nonstandard formatting), but he had worked himself up so much that he wasn't hearing me.

Finally he snapped, "Well, why the [blank] are you bothering me with it. YOU talk to Director about this! I don't know why everyone brings this kind of [expletive] work to me!"

I kind of gaped at him. I was trying to figure out how to say "Well, because it's your document, your job to parlay with Director regarding things like this and, as a lowly HR assistant, I've got to say that I am absolutely appalled that you, an high ranking officer, would cuss at me over this."

But, I didn't need to. From the door (behind me), a voice said, "LCDR, don't talk to Peas like that!" Director and Deputy Director are standing in the door and both of them look really, really, really P-Oed. Deputy Director asked that I please excuse them and I slipped out the door and they shut it behind me.

So, thank you to the Director and Deputy Director of my command who cared enough about one of the lowest-ranking people under their purview to read the riot act to a LCDR taking his frustrations out on her. :)
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Command Bosses Stood Up For Me
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »

Hey, that's great! Haven't you been having some issues with your immediate boss being ...uh, less than pleasant? After that having them stand up for you is pretty darn cool.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »
Yyyeeessssss!!!!!

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
How nice! I'm glad they stood up for you.

(I'm also very, very glad I'm not that LCDR. Methinks he did not have so great of a day today.)
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »
Good for Director and Deputy Director!

How nice! I'm glad they stood up for you.

(I'm also very, very glad I'm not that LCDR. Methinks he did not have so great of a day today.)

I'm just glad I'm not that stupid.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »
That is awesome!