Author Topic: So... are we on the same page with this?  (Read 6363 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: So... are we on the same page with this?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
Because I internet date I usually bring up the topic of exclusive dating in reference to the dating site.  Something along the lines of "I really enjoy spending time with you and would like to continue.  Can I ask - are you still actively on [site]?  I haven't logged on in a while since dating you and have been thinking about hiding my profile..." and see where the conversation goes from there.

With my last relationship I just kind of blurted out the word "boyfriend" in reference to something kind of random and we went from there.  I hadn't even realized I'd said it, but it led nicely into the "so whats our status?" conversation - it pretty much established the mindset I already was in.

kdbug

• The only people that I need in my life are the ones that have shown me that they need me in theirs.
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »
I'm so glad I found this thread when I did. I have been seeing a guy for a while now and I was in the same boat as the OP. I took the advice offered on here and at one point last night I used the "You're neat. Can I keep you?" He just grinned and said "Well, I certainly hope so."

This led into the talk about if we were exclusive and we are.  ;)

sisbam

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »
I'm so glad I found this thread when I did. I have been seeing a guy for a while now and I was in the same boat as the OP. I took the advice offered on here and at one point last night I used the "You're neat. Can I keep you?" He just grinned and said "Well, I certainly hope so."

And he cares about your cat, too, right? ;)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
Well, I've decided to wait a little while before asking as we're in a good place right now where we are having a lot of fun and relaxed and I don't want to put strain or pressure on anything right now.

On the other hand, he's met the rabbits... and loves them. And they love him! Moose even sat next to them and Boy pet him for about half an hour and asked a lot of questions about them.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Larrabee

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
Well, I've decided to wait a little while before asking as we're in a good place right now where we are having a lot of fun and relaxed and I don't want to put strain or pressure on anything right now.

On the other hand, he's met the rabbits... and loves them. And they love him! Moose even sat next to them and Boy pet him for about half an hour and asked a lot of questions about them.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've got a first date tomorrow, I'm already worrying about introductions to the rats  :P

Glad its going well for you!!  :)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

much better than the last one who didn't want them close to him -- right?
and Moose looks so  "Fooffy" and soft.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

flowersintheattic

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
My current BF sent me a text (we were living in different cities at the time) that said "N (his friend's girlfriend) wants to know if you're my girlfriend. What should I tell her?" I found out later that she didn't actually ask, he just said she did to clarify our relationship;D
...I learned my lesson / And yes, I still remember the last one / But this time will be different / Until I do it again... ~Phish, "Kill Devil Falls"

high dudgeon

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
I have to tell you, I'm not so sure asking is the way to go. Guys are weird. If you straight out ask then they feel like you kind of forced them into something. But if you don't ask them then you run the risk of them never bringing it up. 

Not all men are like that. There are guys who are like that, but if they can't handle a simple, honest conversation with laying all that baggage and nonsense on it, they aren't mature enough to have an adult relationship anyway.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »
My dating days are well behind me, but does saying "I love you" come into this anywhere?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 02:59:23 PM »
My d@ting days are well behind me, but does saying "I love you" come into this anywhere?

I doubt it.  I know that if I were still in the dating pool, I'd want to officially establish the relationship long before anyone had any idea about being in love.  Falling in love can take time, and being comfortable talking about it can take even longer, so it would be potentially disastrous to wait until both of those things happen before establishing the rules of the relationship.

ShieldMaiden

• Lady of Rohan
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
I have to tell you, I'm not so sure asking is the way to go. Guys are weird. If you straight out ask then they feel like you kind of forced them into something. But if you don't ask them then you run the risk of them never bringing it up. 

Not all men are like that. There are guys who are like that, but if they can't handle a simple, honest conversation with laying all that baggage and nonsense on it, they aren't mature enough to have an adult rel@tionship anyway.

POD

I asked ShieldMan.  We had met online (MySpace...and completely random) and on our third date he was driving us to a restaurant and I said "I want to clarify something--are we just dating or do you consider me your girlfriend?"  He turned to me and said "You're my girlfriend, of course!" Case closed.   :-*

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Definitely a good sign
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

kdbug

• The only people that I need in my life are the ones that have shown me that they need me in theirs.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »

And he cares about your cat, too, right? ;)

He does indeed.  ;D It's pretty awesome.