News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 02, 2015, 09:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Locked topic - can we see why?  (Read 60037 times)

Erich L-ster

Re: S/O Locked topic - can we see why?
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2015, 02:58:49 AM »
I woke up this morning and was surprised the thread was locked as it had been quite a pleasant discussion when I went to bed last night. After reading that particular post and that post not getting ignored, I would be shocked if it didn't get locked.

If it was just the soap insertion post I don't know why the offending post couldn't just be moderated so the discussion could continue.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2015, 03:27:41 AM »
I woke up this morning and was surprised the thread was locked as it had been quite a pleasant discussion when I went to bed last night. After reading that particular post and that post not getting ignored, I would be shocked if it didn't get locked.

If it was just the soap insertion post I don't know why the offending post couldn't just be moderated so the discussion could continue.

Because, even if posts are deleted and people are asked not to do it, people will miss that post and it'll start up again.  Better to shut it down than have to come back and be squicked out again.

Plus, this is the EDame's home and the mods, in my head, are like her family members that live there and know the house rules.  One of them is trying not to be too TMI and is not that big a deal, IMHO.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »

Oh, was that my post?  Ack!  Sorry about that, everyone.  I was just being goofy, it didn't even occur to me that it would be a problem post.  Whoops.