Author Topic: No, YOUR guest cannot stay at MY house  (Read 9424 times)

Kaylee

• Super Hero!
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
Re: No, YOUR guest cannot stay at MY house
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
It sounds like the biggest communication problem here is between the OP and her mother--it's not at all clear to me that the mother didn't actually okay this visit with her friends without informing the OP, either specifically or in general terms.

Which is not, of course, to say that she should allow it.  It just sounds like the mother is not at all considering the fact that this is not only her home any more--the OP lives there too, even if it's technically the parents' home--and she should certainly be consulted on whether or not guests are being invited to stay.  I mean, I wouldn't even invite a guest into my house without clearing it with my husband and vice versa, even though the odds of either of us saying "That won't be possible" is effectively nil.

Miss March

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
They are calling your cell phone? Are they still trying to get you to agree to host this man in your house?

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
It sounds like the biggest communication problem here is between the OP and her mother--it's not at all clear to me that the mother didn't actually okay this visit with her friends without informing the OP, either specifically or in general terms.

Which is not, of course, to say that she should allow it.  It just sounds like the mother is not at all considering the fact that this is not only her home any more--the OP lives there too, even if it's technically the parents' home--and she should certainly be consulted on whether or not guests are being invited to stay.  I mean, I wouldn't even invite a guest into my house without clearing it with my husband and vice versa, even though the odds of either of us saying "That won't be possible" is effectively nil.

*Ding* *Ding*

I agree completely.

gadget--gal

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
OP back again :)

Nothing came of it in the end. On Sunday night, I diverted my phonecalls to another cell phone that was switched off just so that even the silent vibrations wouldn't bug me.

On Monday night I was in the cinema,so myphone was switched off anyway.

On Tuesday (last night) night, I called my mum for a general chat, and she didn't mention the guest coming. I didn't bring it up because we were talking about famiy things and then the opossbility that she might be stranded in the Old Country because the she flew in with has gone out of business  :-\. On my end, I had a*incident* during yesterday's lunch hour which led to me filing police charges. I was trying to tell her about this but it felt wrong to burden her with that information when she's thousands of miles away. So basically, the guest situation was fairly low priority(!)

The family friends haven't called back so I dont' know if they've just accepted the 'no' or they feel slighted. Either way, if there's a fall out, it can come much later.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »

*Ding* *Ding*

I agree completely.

POD!!

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~