Author Topic: Palm Sunday Baptism  (Read 4078 times)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Re: Palm Sunday Baptism
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
As a non-practicing Paegan with a non-practicing Christian family I would prefer to attend on Palm Sunday because I will have family plans on Easter.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:51:44 PM »
I personally would rather attend something like that on Palm Sunday rather than Easter, but the church I grew up in is another that doesn't do baptisms during Lent.  I'd say that's the place to start when considering scheduling.

CookieChica

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
Thanks for everyone's help! After talking to my pastor, he was fine with a Palm Sunday baptism but we're actually having one of the church events (Confirmation) on Palm Sunday, which I want to avoid for those non-members who will likely want to attend the baptism but not sit through a 2 hour service. Instead, we'll be having it either the week after Easter or the next one, which puts us at about a month after the projected birth date.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help! After talking to my pastor, he was fine with a Palm Sunday baptism but we're actually having one of the church events (Confirmation) on Palm Sunday, which I want to avoid for those non-members who will likely want to attend the baptism but not sit through a 2 hour service. Instead, we'll be having it either the week after Easter or the next one, which puts us at about a month after the projected birth date.

I'm glad it's going to work out all right.  And I don't think a month is too late -- I was born in February and baptized in November.