Author Topic: Gunnery Sgt made the sailor's day!  (Read 1565 times)

vTenebrae

• I stand in the timeless void, my heart burning with the immortal fire.
  • There is no part of me that is not of the Divine.
Gunnery Sgt made the sailor's day!
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:40 PM »
A thread in another forum reminded me of this.

As per usual, I was standing gate on Christmas Day.  Not a major deal, goes with the territory of being active duty and an MP.  However, one year.. GySgt Fuentes drove up to the gate.  As usual we gave him the usual "Hey Gunny!".  He just smiled, dropped off a HUGE package, and said "Merry Christmas".

We took it to the gate and were delighted.  He'd made, packed, and brought over an ENTIRE Christmas dinner.  Ham, Turkey, Dressing, Pie, Cake, Cookies, etc etc.  We were SO happy. We were all going to miss dinner at home (shift was from 0500 to 1900) and that made our day. 

Doubly awesome is he did it for us sailors.  He's not even in our chain of command, branch of service, and we didn't even work with or for him.  We just stood the gates where his reserve station drilled.  So that made it even better!

I miss him, he ruled :)  (All 5'2" of his scariness.  And believe me, he WAS scary when he wanted to be.. but apparently a big softie too)

AprilRenee

Re: Gunnery Sgt made the sailor's day!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »
What a wonderful man!

vTenebrae

• I stand in the timeless void, my heart burning with the immortal fire.
  • There is no part of me that is not of the Divine.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »
What a wonderful man!

I wonder if his Marines felt the same way.  He was SCARY when he was drilling them.  :)

I just thought it was awesome, he was off duty and made the trip JUST to drop all that off.

AprilRenee

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »
What a wonderful man!

I wonder if his Marines felt the same way.  He was SCARY when he was drilling them.  :)

I just thought it was awesome, he was off duty and made the trip JUST to drop all that off.

LOL well he's SUPPOSED to be scary then! How else will he scare them straight?? :P

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
Awwwww!  What a great story! :)