Author Topic: any way to do a switcheroo nicely? Update #15  (Read 4976 times)

Canadianprincess

Re: any way to do a switcheroo nicely? Update #15
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 03:01:13 PM »
Update: I went on the date with him and like I expected, he was nice, but not a good match for me. The date made me even more confident that he's perfect for my friend. I talked to her and she said she would like to meet him. So next time he emailed me I told him thatI just wanted to be friends but that my friend is perfect for him and gave him her number. So, he called her and they just went on a date! It went great! This is the first time I ever did this so I'm happy its going well so far. Thanks for all the advice!

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
Update: I went on the date with him and like I expected, he was nice, but not a good match for me. The date made me even more confident that he's perfect for my friend. I talked to her and she said she would like to meet him. So next time he emailed me I told him thatI just wanted to be friends but that my friend is perfect for him and gave him her number. So, he called her and they just went on a date! It went great! This is the first time I ever did this so I'm happy its going well so far. Thanks for all the advice!

That is awesome!! I've heard of all kinds of horror stories (including my own) about dates set up by friends who think someone is perfect for their friend, so I'm glad this one turned out well (so far!)

Sterling

• Oh Stupid Me- Blogs about Things That Drive Me Crazy
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
I have heard and be the target of some horrible set ups.  Most of these are done by people whothink it is impossible for someoneto be happy alone.  However I have also been set up by single girlfriends who have done exactly what you just did.  Dated a guy that wasn't for them but they thought would be great with another friend.  It actually works pretty well because these friends are not desperate to see you with anyone at all.  They actually take the time to think about what you would want in a partner.
93 93/93

lilfox

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
I'm glad it had a promising ending!

I had bad luck with a couple of blind dates with friends of friends, and I once suggested a guy I'd just gone for coffee with might be a good match for my friend and man, was I wrong about that!  (They met once when I invited him to join my friends out for dinner and she's had a poor view of my judgment since   :P  ).  However, this same friend picked a guy's profile off a dating site and sent it to me, I e-mailed him, and voila!  He is my now-DH.