Author Topic: Thank you ehell!  (Read 2658 times)

pittgirl

Thank you ehell!
« on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:52 PM »
I had volunteered to make something for a project my online sewing group is doing.  It seemed that I was expected to put the whole project together, which I just don't have time for.  Thanks to ehell, I am developing a spine and told them that 'that just won't be possible'.  Thanks everyone for helping me to learn how to say no.

Amava

Re: Thank you ehell!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Ohh that is frustrating, if you volunteer to do one little task, and the next thing you know people are trying to saddle you with a hundred other things!
I'm glad you didn't let them!

EduardosGirl

• He's thinking about you right now...
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:50:06 AM »
Oooh, something similar-ish happened to me a couple of weeks ago, except I was 'nominated' to be the person who submitted a group assignment.

Fine, I don't mind doing this and it gives me a chance to do a final check over before I submit it for the group... except the report is in no way ready to be submitted as it was and would probably have failed us all. The girl who has put the report together, and nominated herself for that task, has basically just copied and pasted all the team member's writings and stuck the references at the end. No cohesion of writing style. No introduction or conclusion.

In some cases there were different fonts and text sizes! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Rather than cause a fuss, however, I sucked up and doormatted my way through fixing the report and submitted it after letting the team know what I was doing.

I will grow a spine, I swear I will soon...

Minmom3

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:34:43 PM »
Oooh, something similar-ish happened to me a couple of weeks ago, except I was 'nominated' to be the person who submitted a group assignment.

Fine, I don't mind doing this and it gives me a chance to do a final check over before I submit it for the group... except the report is in no way ready to be submitted as it was and would probably have failed us all. The girl who has put the report together, and nominated herself for that task, has basically just copied and pasted all the team member's writings and stuck the references at the end. No cohesion of writing style. No introduction or conclusion.

In some cases there were different fonts and text sizes! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Rather than cause a fuss, however, I sucked up and doormatted my way through fixing the report and submitted it after letting the team know what I was doing.

I will grow a spine, I swear I will soon...

Getting steamrollered a few times should help that along!    ;)
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
That's not being a doormat.  That's saving your grade.
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  High Dudgeon