Author Topic: Clean your house! The support thread.  (Read 26534 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Clean your house! The support thread.
« Reply #495 on: March 18, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
Are there clothes folders out there?  I will wash clothes all day long.  I loathe folding and putting clothes away.
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #496 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »
Are there clothes folders out there?  I will wash clothes all day long.  I loathe folding and putting clothes away.
Yes, I am a clothes folder.  I fold clothes compulsively.  I fold my clothes when I take them off rather than drape them over the furniture (DH - I'm talking about you!).

I used to fold DH's clean laundry, but he didn't like the way I folded his t-shirts.  He said they don't fit in his drawer.  I let him fold his own clean laundry.  He loosely folds them and then they get crushed/rumpled in the drawer.  To me, his clothes always look like they need to be ironed.  I don't iron t-shirts.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

PastryGoddess

« Reply #497 on: March 18, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
Yes, I am a clothes folder.  I fold clothes compulsively.  I fold my clothes when I take them off rather than drape them over the furniture (DH - I'm talking about you!).

I used to fold DH's clean laundry, but he didn't like the way I folded his t-shirts.  He said they don't fit in his drawer.  I let him fold his own clean laundry.  He loosely folds them and then they get crushed/rumpled in the drawer.  To me, his clothes always look like they need to be ironed.  I don't iron t-shirts.

Unfortunately you are 5 time zones away from me...otherwise, you are sooo hired
My Photography Gallery

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #498 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:46 AM »

I'd be happy to.  Just sit me on a couch in front of the tv, and I'll fold all day long. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #499 on: March 19, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
I like folding..though I don't do sheets very well. It's putting stuff away that I don't do well. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

PastryGoddess

« Reply #500 on: March 19, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »

I'd be happy to.  Just sit me on a couch in front of the tv, and I'll fold all day long. 

You're in my neck of the woods LadyJane :)
My Photography Gallery

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
I found mice in the dog food againóafter buying a plastic container with a closing lid, since the last time they just got into the unzipped bag, and later by chewing through the bottom corner of the bag.

So. I finally set out traps and cleaned up the landing to the basement, which is where we keep the dog food. (Each mouse occurrence has coincided with an overabundance of recycling/deposit piles cluttering the landing/providing a handy way for the mice to get high enough to fall into the food.)

I thought the trap would just catch the two that escaped the dog food while I was trying to catch the other, but the one I caught with the trap today was much larger than the others. It seems the problem was worse than I thought :(.

I still need to figure out how they are getting in and where they are living. The only evidence of mice Iíve found in the entire house is just on that landing, which made me think they were getting in under the exterior door there which is drafty as all get out (on our to-do list, but since there is another door between it and the heated space, itís not high priority), finding the food immediately, and getting stuck there. Two escaped to the basement, though, so it seems another search is called for.

Bright sideóIím motivated to keep our bottle/can deposit pile in order, and return them far more often. And, I need to clean up some "hidden corners" in the basement in search of more evidence, as the basement needs cleaning anyhow. Also, dog kibble dust works way better than anything else Iíve ever used as mouse bait.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »
My dining room is currently a dumping ground.  We purged things out of our master bedroom and into the dining room when we painted, etc last month.c then I vowed not to let anything back into the bedroom that doesn't belong there.

So there it sits in the dining room!

I do need to go through it and see what can be disposed of and what needs to find a new home.  I also have a shelf in there with some hobby supplies on it.  I've switched hobbies and need to do some rearranging on that shelf and this week bought some Rubbermaid bento boxes to store the new times in so everything will look neat and organized.

I hurt my back last week, so that has sowed things down considerable, but I am at least feeling well enough now to do things in little spurts.

I checked out the UFYH website someone mentioned up thread.  Hilarious!

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

PastryGoddess

« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »
I found mice in the dog food againóafter buying a plastic container with a closing lid, since the last time they just got into the unzipped bag, and later by chewing through the bottom corner of the bag.

So. I finally set out traps and cleaned up the landing to the basement, which is where we keep the dog food. (Each mouse occurrence has coincided with an overabundance of recycling/deposit piles cluttering the landing/providing a handy way for the mice to get high enough to fall into the food.)

I thought the trap would just catch the two that escaped the dog food while I was trying to catch the other, but the one I caught with the trap today was much larger than the others. It seems the problem was worse than I thought :(.

I still need to figure out how they are getting in and where they are living. The only evidence of mice Iíve found in the entire house is just on that landing, which made me think they were getting in under the exterior door there which is drafty as all get out (on our to-do list, but since there is another door between it and the heated space, itís not high priority), finding the food immediately, and getting stuck there. Two escaped to the basement, though, so it seems another search is called for.

Bright sideóIím motivated to keep our bottle/can deposit pile in order, and return them far more often. And, I need to clean up some "hidden corners" in the basement in search of more evidence, as the basement needs cleaning anyhow. Also, dog kibble dust works way better than anything else Iíve ever used as mouse bait.

If you are friends with someone with a cat, ask for some gently used litter.  That helps a bit with the mice issue
My Photography Gallery

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
There's nothing like having a plumber come over to get me to have a sparkling bathroom and a thoroughly scrubbed floor. Perhaps I should break toilets on purpose from now on. Except it would be way cheaper to just hire a cleaner.

Carotte

« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »

I drive my boyfriend mad with folding stuff when I'm at his place. I sometime work from his flat so I do a bit of cleaning, run the dishwasher and the washing machine, try to pick up stuff...  (a kind of "I'm squatting* half the week here but hey, it comes with cleaning!")
I'm not really a neat freak but a boy living alone does need 'help' sometimes  :P (it's not that he doesn't know how, he mostly doesn't care).
But yeah, folding. Until he meet me (and I had a go at his closet) there was not a single tee-shirt, bed sheet or bath towel that had seen a crease. Now sheets and towels are folded, his tees are another story..
At least his herd of dust bunnies keep me company  during the day :)

Right now I'm trying to decluter my room (at my parents' place) since the plan is to move in with him once I get a job. Then my room will most likely be turned into a second guest room.

*with his blessing, I'm not imposing or anything.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »

You're in my neck of the woods LadyJane :)

Why, so I am!  And I know how to fold fitted sheets, too.   ;D

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
Laundry is the one thing I'm really good about.  I get it all done and folded and put away at the end of laundry day, with the exception of my hang-to-dry stuff.  Which just gets left on my rack in the bedroom and I take stuff off the rack as I wear it.  If there is anything left on it come laundry day again, it gets folded and put away at that point.  The only time I have to fold sheets, though, is the twice a year when I switch from winter to summer sheets and vice versa.  I just put them right back on the bed otherwise.

The one place my laundry falls down is my spare bedroom.  It usually takes quite a while to get the sheets back on after I've washed the spare beds.

I did manage to get my house cleaned, except for the junk room and my bedroom, before my nephew and his friend were there.  There are a few tumbleweeds of cat hair starting and I might have to quick wash the sheets tonight since I might have a friend and her daughter staying Friday night.  But other than a quick sweep, I think its still in good enough shape for company, other than getting the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Amara

« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2013, 02:17:23 PM »
And I know how to fold fitted sheets, too.

Please do tell. I haven't been able to get the hang of it. Yet.

Amara

« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
And I know how to fold fitted sheets, too.

Please do tell. I haven't been able to get the hang of it. Yet. I have to do it by myself.