Author Topic: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74  (Read 1381309 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Professional Darwinism: Update to OP on p.74
« Reply #6465 on: Yesterday at 03:46:12 PM »
Further update related to The Queen:

CW (coworker/boss lady's friend) came by my office this morning. The supervisory powers the Queen occasionally has over the other attorneys are (fingers crossed) being phased out- she will still supervise support staff, however. CW will be the supervisor when BL is out of the office. CW stated she sat down with BL today, and flat out asked her if this would be a lip service position or would CW actually have the supervisory power, because otherwise BL might as well fire CW- she won't do it if Queen can endrun around her. BL reassured CW that Queen was losing her attorney powers.

CW is also thoroughly pissed at Queen for Queen's deliberate throwing of CW under the bus to both BL and UberBoss (BL's boss, not quite the SuperBoss level). Mild mannered male colleague is also starting to turn red at the mention of the Queen- he got stuck redoing stuff 3 times because Queen insisted the method BL and UberBoss wanted was incorrect.

Queen has also taken to editing federal appellate judge opinions. I'm serious- she thought I mis wrote my quotes, until I pulled out the opinion, highlighted it, and handed it to her.  That's a bit SS of her as well.  ::)

Queen has a birthday on Sunday. The magical number that makes people eligible for certain age related retirement benefits in the US. Methinks there will be some gentle pushing for her to retire after her birthday, but it will be subtle- the Queen can't figure it out otherwise they head into age discrimination territory.

Siamesecat- can I say thank you for all you do as a paralegal? I've great appreciation for the ones I work with- they tend to be a heck of a lot smarter than the attorneys and I know full well a good paralegal can save your butt from the fires on regular occasions!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6466 on: Today at 10:36:35 AM »
Nichol.  *stomp, stomp, stomp*

Poster was Lotus1234 if anyone would like to read through those threads.

Thank you! It was driving me nuts I couldn't remember.

MrTango

« Reply #6467 on: Today at 10:55:26 AM »
Queen has also taken to editing federal appellate judge opinions. I'm serious- she thought I mis wrote my quotes, until I pulled out the opinion, highlighted it, and handed it to her.  That's a bit SS of her as well.  ::)

Given this activity, if I was the uber-boss, Queen would be given tasks no more critical than alphabetizing the condiments in the break-room refrigerator.

Shalamar

« Reply #6468 on: Today at 10:55:33 AM »
I can't find Lotus1234's posts - help!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #6469 on: Today at 11:12:23 AM »
I can't find Lotus1234's posts - help!

They may have been deleted when the site was cleaned up

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6470 on: Today at 11:12:44 AM »
Further update related to The Queen:

CW (coworker/boss lady's friend) came by my office this morning. The supervisory powers the Queen occasionally has over the other attorneys are (fingers crossed) being phased out- she will still supervise support staff, however. CW will be the supervisor when BL is out of the office. CW stated she sat down with BL today, and flat out asked her if this would be a lip service position or would CW actually have the supervisory power, because otherwise BL might as well fire CW- she won't do it if Queen can endrun around her. BL reassured CW that Queen was losing her attorney powers.

CW is also thoroughly pissed at Queen for Queen's deliberate throwing of CW under the bus to both BL and UberBoss (BL's boss, not quite the SuperBoss level). Mild mannered male colleague is also starting to turn red at the mention of the Queen- he got stuck redoing stuff 3 times because Queen insisted the method BL and UberBoss wanted was incorrect.

Queen has a birthday on Sunday. The magical number that makes people eligible for certain age related retirement benefits in the US. Methinks there will be some gentle pushing for her to retire after her birthday, but it will be subtle- the Queen can't figure it out otherwise they head into age discrimination territory.

Siamesecat- can I say thank you for all you do as a paralegal? I've great appreciation for the ones I work with- they tend to be a heck of a lot smarter than the attorneys and I know full well a good paralegal can save your butt from the fires on regular occasions!

Thank you! We do our best! LIke i said, thankfully i am no longer in the law firm environment, so not dealing with a lot of stuff I used to.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #6471 on: Today at 12:07:34 PM »

Given this activity, if I was the uber-boss, Queen would be given tasks no more critical than alphabetizing the condiments in the break-room refrigerator.

If you can't get by with anything less subtle than mentioning the joys of taking grandkids to Disney (fill in the blank with the Disney property further from your office, which would take much more vacation time than Queen might want to take if she wasn't retired - or possibly semi-retired and working only on a consultant basis...) and having lunch with your Significant Other - perhaps she could be placed in charge of a "project" that is not critical - setting up the forms closet (soon to be replaced by only having forms printed as needed -  but your office wants to know how many paper copies are already on hand of which forms) and sorting out the break room to make sure that nothing is in there that shouldn't be.  Possibly even getting rid of chipped & cracked dishes that are not easily cleaned or would look bad in front of clients...?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?