News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 06, 2016, 09:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Entertainment after cutting the cable cord  (Read 2215 times)

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
Re: Entertainment after cutting the cable cord
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »
Anyone tried Rabbit TV?

I keep seeing it in the various stores but noone that I know has tried it...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

siamesecat2965

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 06:41:21 PM »
Anyone tried Rabbit TV?

I keep seeing it in the various stores but noone that I know has tried it...

I was curious after seeing commercials. So I hunted down reviews. If it's what I'm thinking of, they weren't good; if I recall correctly, it does things you could do on your own, and what you get using it, you can find on your own, many of them free.

kherbert05

• Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
Football fans you can stream this weekend’s NFL Playoff games (AFC only) on your Roku players and TV's.

For more info and links to channel https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/01/15/stream-the-nfl-playoffs-on-cbs-sports-for-free-on-your-roku-device/

Edited for formatting issues with site and chrome
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

magician5

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
Incredible amounts of stuff on YouTube, from tiny 3-minute videos to documentaries lasting an hour or more - download to a media server or USB drive by way of YTD Video Downloader, then plug it into the server or a smart tv or a PlayStation 3 and enjoy
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

Sophia

• xi
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »
I wish we could completely cut the cord.  Well, we have DirectTV satellite, but close-enough.  For 5-year-old DD, we really like having live Disney Junior.  I'd happily pay for a live stream of just that. 

Bert

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »
Football fans you can stream this weekend’s NFL Playoff games (AFC only) on your Roku players and TV's.

For more info and links to channel https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/01/15/stream-the-nfl-playoffs-on-cbs-sports-for-free-on-your-roku-device/

Edited for formatting issues with site and chrome

I Just wanted to say thank you.  Your post made think about it, and check for apple TV for the weekend playoff games.  The CBS sports app, which was free, allowed me to watch the AFC playoff games at my house this weekend, which was great because I had a project to do at the same time and didn't want to be away.

kherbert05

• Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
I wish we could completely cut the cord.  Well, we have DirectTV satellite, but close-enough.  For 5-year-old DD, we really like having live Disney Junior.  I'd happily pay for a live stream of just that. 

Sling tv has Disney Junior at its kids add on level. I didn't particularly like the service. It isn't my definition of streaming , because you have to watch the shows when they're broadcast. I want shows what I want in on what device I want. But other people I know have been very pleased with the service. It does have a free trial period. One word of caution when I went to cancel service at the end of the free trial, they were somewhat difficult. I Think part of the problem was this was literally in the first week of them going live.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Sophia

• xi
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »

Sling tv has Disney Junior at its kids add on level. I didn't particularly like the service. It isn't my definition of streaming , because you have to watch the shows when they're broadcast. I want shows what I want in on what device I want. But other people I know have been very pleased with the service. It does have a free trial period. One word of caution when I went to cancel service at the end of the free trial, they were somewhat difficult. I Think part of the problem was this was literally in the first week of them going live.

Thank you so much!    Even with the add-on price it will still probably be cheaper than DirectTV. 

green.and.blue

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
To keep up with first-run shows: a lot of networks where I am stream for free (with ads) the latest episode of each of their broadcast shows. They post them on their website, and you can watch them whenever you want for one week after the original broadcast date. They usually go up the day after the broadcast, and it's very flexible. It's a bit of a pain remembering which network carries which show and what day they go live, but it's free!

One Fish, Two Fish

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
To keep up with first-run shows: a lot of networks where I am stream for free (with ads) the latest episode of each of their broadcast shows. They post them on their website, and you can watch them whenever you want for one week after the original broadcast date. They usually go up the day after the broadcast, and it's very flexible. It's a bit of a pain remembering which network carries which show and what day they go live, but it's free!
Thanks for remind me about this.  My family does enjoy Hell's Kitchen, and I should be able to watch it this weekend. 
BTW, thank you for the note about Crackle.  It wasn't bad at all.
I'll get there.  Eventually.