News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 31, 2016, 03:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 1248240 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #5385 on: May 25, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »
Years and years ago, my grandmother kept getting mail for my grandfather from a certain magazine/book/'win the sweepstake' company.  Grandfather had been dead for 30+ years at the time.  No matter how many times GM returned them with 'return to sender - recipient deceased' on the envelope, they kept sending them.

Eventually she sent them an envelope back with 'please redirect to Upper Outer WoopWoop Cemetery'.  The mailings stopped.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5386 on: May 25, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Now I am getting cruise charter emails to my work email.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Barney girl

« Reply #5387 on: May 29, 2016, 07:30:49 AM »
I've been getting quite a few emails at work which have slipped through our spam filter and have French headings about deluxe showers or furniture for sale. I just delete as soon as I see them.
Last week my secretary told me she'd made an appointment for a couple relating to a power of attorney for France and that they'd sent the papers at the weekend.
Oops  Found it in my deleted box. They'd simply forwarded on the email from their French lawyer, with the heading in French about a sale, and had asked me to contact them about an appointment. Perhaps I'd better not assume that all emails in French are enticing me to buy a shower.  ::)

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #5388 on: May 29, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »
I just got a catalog addressed to one of my late aunts.  I paged through it, and noticed a few things that had actually been in her house.  I've also sent this catalog an e-mail informing them that this aunt passed in 2008, and the frequency of catalogs has been decreasing of late. 

*I can understand why I got this one, as I've handled some of this aunt's estate paperwork.  However, I got an ad for a local insurance company addressed to my late grandpa.  He passed in 2000, and at that time I lived in California and never handled anything for this estate.  That was just weird.