Author Topic: DVRs  (Read 529 times)

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: DVRs
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 05:09:56 PM »
My DVR recognizes live events.  So it will ask me if I want to add in some extra recording time after the event is "supposed to go off"  I've also noticed that when I record things after live events, the recording will start at the beginning even if the show didn't start right on time.

JoW

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
My DVR has a "record the series" function.  I use that a lot.  I have the local and national evening news shows set to record every day.  And I have a lot of geeky science shows set that way. 

I do like someone else said they do - record one or two shows while I'm watching something I recorded earlier.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 10:03:06 PM »
My DVR has a "record the series" function.  I use that a lot.  I have the local and national evening news shows set to record every day.  And I have a lot of geeky science shows set that way. 

I do like someone else said they do - record one or two shows while I'm watching something I recorded earlier.

That was me.  And that really is a dangerous function

LonniesMom

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »
I have had DVR with both time warner and fios. I would highly recommend both. The shows last until you erase them. You can do 2 at one time if TV is off. If watching tv in order to record 2 you have to watch one, otherwise you can record one show and watch something else. I think it was this way for both. The FIOS is probably a little better quality but the TWC box holds much more. Hope this helps!