News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 04, 2015, 06:18:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 116668 times)

gingerzing

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #930 on: June 09, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »
Sadie -
This summer is not friendly to you.  You aren't itching now, but your back leg is gimpy again.  I can't give you your arthritis pills until you are finished with your other pills.  (As per vet's orders.)
Let's start with laying down on your nice ortho bed and relaxing rather than following me downstairs. 
And end the evening with a nice gentle rub down from your beloved human (DH,not me)

- Love the worried one.

*She was better - and even spry - this morning, but oy.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #931 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »
Bernadette,

You are the sweetest girl, I know you are scared to death of new people but you endured being poked and prodded and having a thermometer but up where nothing should ever go without so much as a yelp or a cry today. You are such a brave girl and I am so proud of you. You even wagged your tail and let the vet tech rub your ears, although you hid under the chair for a long time after that.

I know you don't know anything about what's going on lately, why your sister-rival isn't around anymore and every time her name is said I start crying. You don't know why I'm crying now, or keep obsessively checking my phone, or why those papers the lady with the thermometer gave me made me gasp and go white. You just know I'm upset and you are trying to hard to make me happy, and I'm sorry that its not working the way you want it to. I'm sorry that Sister isn't here for you to play with anymore and I'm sorry that I'm not the owner you deserve to have.

In a few minutes we are all gonna pile back into the car and go back to the strange place with the strange people again. This time we're gonna take your lover boy and brother-rival with us and I may start crying again, depending on how the blood test goes. Monday we're gonna start some scary stuff and you're gonna have to learn to sleep in a crate, in fact best case scenario you're going to be in your crate for the next three months or so.

And somehow we are gonna get through this and make it to the other side. I don't know how right now but that's okay because you don't understand English anyway.

Fearfully Hopeful but Forever your Biggest Fan,

The weepy soggy person.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #932 on: June 12, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »
Dear puppy nephew, aka chicken-dog,
I know that you were a rescue, and therefore your mommy and daddy don't really know waht happened before they adopted you. THey do know, that you hate water, something happened. I know that too, and that's why you won't go outside when the automatic sprinklers are on. But for the love of whatever, when it goes off, and I try three times to let you out, the thing not to do is to roll over and want belly rubs! And because of that, after I left for work, mommy had to call someone to let you out and pee!

And to the other one, When I wake you up and try and let you out before bed, or before I go to work its not because I'm mean, its because being that your are 12, you can't hold it as long as you used to! So it doens't help that I have to get behind you and herd you out the door!.

I know part of it is you are miffed that mommy and daddy went away and you feel abandoned, but I've been watching one of you for 10+ years, and the other ever since they got you, several years ago.

Love,
Aunt SiameseCat

turtleIScream

« Reply #933 on: June 12, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »
My dear sweet Snuggle-Fluffs,

I love you. I love when you snuggle me. Could you please wait until I am done with my PT exercises? Thanks!

Your very sore Turtle.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

mlmama

« Reply #934 on: June 12, 2015, 12:11:14 PM »
Dear Dot and Hercules,

It is 90 degrees outside. You can go out and go potty, and hang out for about 10 minutes, but you have to come back in after that. You two run around like crazies while you're out. Even with water out there, you need to come in and cool off. Standing on the porch looking at me adorably with your tongues hanging out isn't gonna work. I will pick you up and bring you inside.

Love,
Your overheated grandma

MonteCristo

• My Esty Shop
« Reply #935 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:49 AM »
Dear Crickett,

I know you miss your family, but they'll be back from vacation on Thursday.  I'm doing my best to give you snuggles and loving, but if you continue to stay up all night whinning and barking, I'm going to have to crate you on the other side of the house.  Just settle down with Sydney and have a good time until they get back.  Also, I promise the cats will not eat you.  I know they look terrifying, but I promise they are just as scared of you as you are of them. 

Dear Sydney,

Quit trying to still poor Crickett's food.  Just because he hasn't adapted to his temporary home is no excuse for being a pig. 

Love,
The one who wasn't cut out for more than one emotionally needy dog.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #936 on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
Bkgd:  My BF has 3 dogs - one altered male, one unaltered male, one unaltered female.  Well, 4 dogs.  We still have one puppy from her litter in February that we didn't manage to sell but he isn't mature yet.  The female is coming into heat and we're not prepared to deal with another round of pups right now.

Dear Spike:

I know your girlfriend and her brother just left and you're left here with your overly rambunctious son.  I promise you that BF has not abandoned you!  No need to whine or howl.  How about you pass the time teaching your son some manners?  The separation is only temporary, I promise.

That woman who keeps coming around

(I'm going to take these two out to the BF's place tonight.  I may end up trading which two dogs I keep at my house.  It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks...)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Susiqzer

« Reply #937 on: July 13, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »
Dear Dog,

Why are you barking like a maniac anytime someone says "mermaid?" We don't get it. I promise that mermaids are not, in fact, invading our home.

Dear Daughter,

Please stop saying "mermaid."

wheeitsme

« Reply #938 on: July 13, 2015, 02:09:08 PM »
Dear Dodger,

What have you been nibbling on?  The Vet said you have fractured 2 of your front teeth!

Now the only thing we can do is have the broken ones removed. 

Here's hoping you'll start eating the soft food for a couple weeks...

...oh, and just in case, no more ice cubes.

gingerzing

« Reply #939 on: July 15, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
Dear Sadie -
And this is the reason why you get leashed to go out for your last potty of the night.  It is twilight and many critters are also out moving about.  (We live in town but have a ton of wildlife in our neighborhood.)
So that pretty doe that didn't run and stomped her front foot at you 2 nights ago.  Yep, I know you saw the fawn last night peaking out from the doe's back leg.  Leave them both alone, they are NOT long legged dogs.

Love
The Mama

Dear Miss Doe -
Seriously?  Go down toward the walking trail (about 5 human blocks away) to hang out.  Or at the very least, please stop inviting your raccoon friend for evening snacks. 

The one who has a small garden sprayed with Liquid Fence and hates raccoons.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #940 on: September 02, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »
Dear Flirt-Dog, aka Smokey,

You are a mighty hunter dog.  Your people admit and admire your hunting prowess!  That being said, for the love of all things dogs consider holy, PLEASE stop jumping around our house trying to snag the fly!  Just leave it alone, it'll be dead in a few days anyway. 

Less love than normal,

Your person