News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 25, 2015, 07:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lounge Wear - what do you wear  (Read 1308 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Lounge Wear - what do you wear
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »
Palazzo pants. They look ok in public and are terribly comfortable at home.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apalazzo%20pants

I need these in my life!

andi

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »
If I'm home alone it's yoga pants and one of those athletic shorts that breathe. If DH is home, it's flannel pants, long sleeve t-shirt and hoodie (hubby keeps the house much colder than I do)

I have no issus with running to the grocery store or Walmart in those and a baseball cap

greencat

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »
Pajama pants that aren't made of fabric that screams "pajamas" - so a light polyester material with a floral or geometric print, not flannel/satin with hearts or duckies.  Straight-legged black exercise pants.  A blouse that is really comfortable - loose, not styled in a fussy way, and long enough to cover the waistband of the pants.  I call these outfits "work pajamas" because I do in fact wear them to work.  I get compliments on looking nice in them, even.

AliciaLynette

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 02:46:35 AM »
I used to do yoga pants and tees, with a jumper/socks as necessary.  However, lately I've been going to skater dresses (like this: https://www.primark.com/en/whats-new/product/34550,blue-ombre-racer-back-dress) and leggings.  Quick, easy, fine for unexpected guests/quick trips out, and can do the school run then straight to bed on days I've been working (I work nights, so morning school run is done before I sleep, and afternoon school run splits my sleep schedule in two)!  I add a cardigan in colder weather.
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:13 AM »
i wanted to add that i rarely buy designated "lounge wear" - I usually wear older gym clothes that I am embarrassed to seen in public with, old bedraggled t-shirts, tanks, and sweatshirts, etc

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

FauxFoodist

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
I wear whatever is comfortable when I am home -- usually not the clothes I would wear when anyone other than DH would see me (I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting anyone so I don't worry about that).  Yes, I look frumpy, but I don't care.  Same with DH -- he'll roam around the house in some odd things that aren't always flattering, but I don't care since he's comfortable (and that's not why I married him).  I don't usually like wearing at home the clothes I'll wear outside (unless someone's coming over) because I'd have to worry about getting pet fur on me (it was great when one of my cats would brush up against the backs of my legs just before I was headed to work).  If I get dressed then avoid areas where there might be fur, I can pretty much ensure I'm presentable for the public.

Also, I'm way overweight and really short so finding anything where I don't look frumpy or don't look like I'm swimming in my clothes isn't the easiest -- if it's comfortable (my home clothes), I look my frumpiest.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
During colder months, I normally wear yoga pants with long sleeved active wear shirts like this
http://bit.ly/1FrKMK0  or http://bit.ly/1HKJXw5

I also like wearing leggings and tunic length sweaters or long sleeved shirts during the winter around the house. I can slip on boots or shoes and run out to do errands without changing.

lilfox

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Yoga pants are awesome for house wear and running errands.  I also wear fleece pants though those don't leave the house/yard.  I'll usually be in a slim cut t-shirt and a hoodie or fleece jacket.

I think more than the material, it's the cut that matters to make lounge wear not look frumpy.  I used to have the kind of sweat pants with the elastic bands at the ankles so they blouse out and make your legs look shapeless.  But you should be able to find sweats that are straight legged or slim or boot cut (same with fleece and yoga pants).  I like the idea of jogger pants since they seem to be in lighter weight material but even with the wide cuff at or near the ankle I'm not sure how they would look on me, I'm afraid of the tapered leg look.

Same thing with shirts - older style t-shirts are so boxy.  The newer t-shirts skim closer to the body without being as exaggerated as the "I'm a girl, see??" baby-doll cut shirts, which were usually too short anyway.

Last time I went to the big local mall, every woman seemed to be wearing black leggings and some kind of athletic looking fleece top or hoodie/jacket.  It was seriously a uniform.  (I missed the memo, I was wearing jeans with my fleece jacket)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 04:11:10 PM »
Silk jammies are lovely and comfortable, but I am currently not wearing them due to sneaky, drooly dogs. Right now it's yoga pants and a tee. The pants fit well and I picked a few new tees in flattering colors. Those plus a hoodie keep me happy and warm.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Klein Bottle

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »
Not everyone finds them comfortable, but I absolutely live in blue jeans at home. In cold weather, (and I am cold about eight or nine months out of the year), I dress in many layers, normally a cotton t-shirt, then a cotton sweatshirt, then sweater, and over all that, my fuzzy robe. Fleece pajamas after the sun goes down.

In warm weather, I wear shorts and t-shirts.
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Xandraea

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 12:14:44 AM »
At home, I live in these pants:  http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-starfish-knit-pants/id_219545    .. I also have some they don't make anymore :'( :'( that are my very favorites, with a fold-over waist. They're super comfy and look nice enough to wear out. I have a boatload of plain fitted tshirts and tanks that I wear under hoodies when I'm cold, and when it's really cold, Smartwool socks and fuzzy fleece-lined boot slippers. When I'm sitting, I'm often wrapped up in a fleece blanket with a dog in my lap as well.

When it's warm, I skip the hoodies and just go with the stretchy pants (sometimes cropped version), and tshirts/tanks. In the heat of summer, knit skirts and tees, or pull-on knit dresses and bare feet.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
At home, if I'm not going anywhere? PJs. I wear summer ones to sleep year round as I generate enough heat sometimes to roast a bird! Or at least it feels that way! I buy bottoms seperately, and am fussy about the fabric. I have some cotton knit, but my faves are the summer ones made of cotton sheeting. They're getting harder to find, so at the end of the season, when I find them on sale, I stock up. The louder and weirder the print, the better. I think at last count, i had close to 50 pairs, but have pared some down.

Tops are camis i get either at Old Navy, or Walmart. I like the basic kind, without any bra. I have multiple colors, and as they are dirt cheap, when they start to look ratty i just replace them.

Going out, usually on weekends or days off, i wear what i call "sweatpants" generially, but are either yoga or lounge pants. Knit, and either long or capri, depending on the weather. Summer, I have some cotton knit shorts, and i wear tees with them,again depending on the temp outside. I like to be comfy. I also have to match, both pjs and tops, and sweats and tops.