News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 16, 2017, 09:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DECLUTTERING  (Read 203695 times)

gmatoy

Re: DECLUTTERING
« Reply #1140 on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
My sister came and took a bunch of the stuff I had set aside for her. She oohed and aahed over my sewing/guest room. She also liked the plastic containers that my friend had liked. I'm good at seeing uses for things, and it is nice when others are impressed with that skill.

I didn't get much sleep last night and have no motivation today; however, I just found a gift card that I had put away for "safe" keeping. So there is that.

I wish I could look and just see the done stuff. I look and I see where I need to do more! Back to finish up!

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #1141 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
A small step, but I gave away 3 bags of bubble wrap to a friend who is cleaning out her aut's house and selling a lot of stuff on eBay. I also gave her a glass chicken. I have no idea where the chicken came from and she collects them.

I have my children going through their drawer and closets to remove clothing they have out grown or just won't wear.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1142 on: August 14, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
We're finishing clearing out the dining room to be, and will get the mirrors off the wall so the wall can be refinished. I look forward to using it as a dining room soon.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to help MIL and FIL clear out their house. They have five rooms packed with junk, with some double stacked to the ceiling. It's bad. I did not realize they were filling the middle of the rooms with stuff, we knew they had stacked plastic storage shelves around the walls, but they are starting to have another set inside the first, so two rooms are impassible.

One decluttering move here, we are no longer subscribing to any paper magazines or newspapers. They take up too much space and we each have a tablet to read them on.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #1143 on: August 14, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »
We get Wednesday & Sunday newspapers only - for the coupons.  The other five days a week, it's the digital version.  Although VorGuy's crossword & other puzzles get printed out - he's happier with a pen & paper than his laptop (he does not own a touch screen device - doesn't like them). 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?