News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 27, 2015, 05:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 78531 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2015, 09:51:07 AM »
I made an awesome breakfast of hash (ham/potatoes/onion) and eggs and my sick DS ate his entire plate. He normally has a healthy appetite, but his sinus infection is making it hard to eat.

DH is doing all the projects I've been , um, requesting (not nagging) him to do. Replaced the engine air filter, the cabin pollen filter in the car, and installing the amplifier and subwoofers.  :D 8)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
^^^ Hee! One of my best friend's dogs will come tearing out the front door and fling himself into the car when I arrive. I'm not taking him anywhere - I never have taken him anywhere - he just really really loves visitors oh oh oh HI Auntie Mel YAY good to see you PAT ME I LOVE YOU LET ME SIT IN YOUR LAP ;D

Isn't that lovely?

Folks down the block from me have a greyhound named Lindsey. She's got the best "pet me" skills I've ever seen; she stands right next to your leg, positioned so you can stroke from head to tail. And she leans, ever so slightly, so you know she likes it.
    I don't see her that often, but I've always thought she recognizes me. I found out that was true.

I went out the door several weeks ago and saw her way down the block. The moment the person between us moved and she could see me, she started -dancing- down the block at a run. Her owner gave up and ran behind her so that Lindsey could come and make a fuss over me and get into her "pet me" position.
   I felt so flattered.

There was a shy dog on my morning walk once, and I slowly got him to agree to let me pet him. and one morning I came out of the subway and saw him ahead of me. I said, "Hi, Hammie!" (Hamlet)  And he whipped around and ran to me, happy to see me.

I love having dog friends. Especially when, as in these cases, it's clearly *me*, and not just "random friendly human being."