A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (740/1729) > >>

alkira6:

--- Quote from: Coralreef on March 26, 2013, 09:21:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hillia on March 26, 2013, 08:58:20 AM ---This is a hypothetical situation for me, since the store is in Australia and I'm in the US, but:
http://now.msn.com/just-looking-fee-charged-by-australian-store

The store is going to charge a $5 'just looking' fee which is deducted from your purchase at checkout.  They say they're tired of people coming in just to comparison shop and not buying anything.  If the picture with the article is the actual store, they are a gluten-free food shop.

Do they station someone at the front door and sell tickets or something?  I can't imagine this is going to do them any good at all; the ill-will generated will drive away any customers they might have.

--- End quote ---

:o  That should go into either Brain Hurt or Professionnal Darwinism.

--- End quote ---

While I completely understand ( I have been guilty of "showrooming" before), this is going to alienate those who do come in, window shop, and then wind up coming back later.

mmswm:

--- Quote from: alkira6 on March 26, 2013, 10:40:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hillia on March 26, 2013, 08:58:20 AM ---This is a hypothetical situation for me, since the store is in Australia and I'm in the US, but:

The store is going to charge a $5 'just looking' fee which is deducted from your purchase at checkout.  They say they're tired of people coming in just to comparison shop and not buying anything.  If the picture with the article is the actual store, they are a gluten-free food shop.

Do they station someone at the front door and sell tickets or something?  I can't imagine this is going to do them any good at all; the ill-will generated will drive away any customers they might have.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

While I completely understand ( I have been guilty of "showrooming" before), this is going to alienate those who do come in, window shop, and then wind up coming back later.

--- End quote ---

They would completely lose me as a customer, even if they had the best price for whatever item I wanted to buy.  I would pay more at a different store because I would absolutely refuse to shop at a store with such awful policies.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: mmswm on March 26, 2013, 11:03:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: alkira6 on March 26, 2013, 10:40:37 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

They would completely lose me as a customer, even if they had the best price for whatever item I wanted to buy.  I would pay more at a different store because I would absolutely refuse to shop at a store with such awful policies.

--- End quote ---

You and me both. Half the fun of shopping is looking! Alrthough if I do look one place, but know I'm buying elsewhere, I will never advertise that fact. I'll just look, leave adn then do my thing.  I'm going to get it for the best price I can, and if that means seeing it in person in one store, but buying online to get the best deal, so be it.

snowdragon:
 There is a little Café not far from my college, that I used to go to three or four times a week, to get tea before a class or a meal  and relax between classes or when I am in there area. They used to have friendly staff and good service. All that changed a bout two weeks ago, when I bought a book at Traveling Leaves  book store that is physically attached to this Cafe ( there is even a door in between to facilitate travel back and forth between the businesses) ordered  a tea and started my book.  When they put my tea on the counter, I walked up and asked the barista if I could have a slice of lemon. His response was "We have it in the kitchen, but I am not going to go get it for you."  The other two baristas backed him on this.
   I walked out and will not ever go back.   

Elfmama:
What a bizarre thing for the barista to say.   :o   Were you supposed to go back to the kitchen and get it for yourself?  Most places don't allow customers back there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version