Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1273772 times)

Xandraea

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #3765 on: April 02, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »

**snip**
The CSR on the phone was indifferent and Sprint hasn't tried to reach out to me at all since. I feel like they don't care if they keep me as their customer, so I don't really feel obligated to re-sign with them. :::shrug:::

Sadly, I think many companies seem to feel this way, particularly if they're the only game in town.  Locally, as far as I know, we have the phone company, who provides phone and internet (and satellite tv thru another company), and he cable company, who provides cable tv, internet, and digital phone.  If you want phone/internet, there's not much choice here.  The "discounted" deals are all for new customers only, so it's like once you're a customer they don't have to do anything for you to keep your business.  Before the phone company was bought out by another company, they'd call me  and suggest ways I could change my service to save money and better serve my purposes.  Now I feel I'm overpaying, and seeing billboards advertising deals to new customers makes me *GRR*.  I miss Qwest.

My first mobile phone was with Sprint, and I was with them for a good 8 years I think.  I don't remember what triggered my switching to a different company, but apparently Sprint decided I still owed them 30 cents.  They mailed me a bill for $00.30 consisting of 2-3 pages bimonthly for several months.  I wonder how much they spent on postage, paper, ink, etc. Trying to get me to give them 30 cents.  Eventually they gave up.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #3766 on: April 02, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
You're lucky they didn't send you to collections! I see stories like that all the time and it's horrifying.

Yesterday I signed onto their customer service chat to get written confirmation that it'll cost us $50 to buy out our contract and leave the company. The CSR confirmed it and then asked if there was anything else he could help me with. Didn't ask why we were leaving or if he could do anything to convince us to stay. I can't wait to tell them we're leaving them today... ;D
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3767 on: April 02, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Sadly, I think many companies seem to feel this way, particularly if they're the only game in town.  Locally, as far as I know, we have the phone company, who provides phone and internet (and satellite tv thru another company), and he cable company, who provides cable tv, internet, and digital phone.  If you want phone/internet, there's not much choice here.  The "discounted" deals are all for new customers only, so it's like once you're a customer they don't have to do anything for you to keep your business.  Before the phone company was bought out by another company, they'd call me  and suggest ways I could change my service to save money and better serve my purposes.  Now I feel I'm overpaying, and seeing billboards advertising deals to new customers makes me *GRR*.  I miss Qwest.

I agree. I had the cable company for my phone, tv and internet. Got a great deal for the first year, then it skyrocketed. I finally got my act together and switched to the phone company, which saved me about $75 a month. However, that deal is only good for 2 years, and I'm a year in already. I plan on calling them next year to see what they can do for me since I really do prefer their service over the cable company. But I also hated that as an existing customer,  I  wasn't able toget the great deals new ones could.

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3768 on: April 02, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »
Maybe this is just where I live, but I have found that my phone company more or less offers the same deals (such as they are) to everyone. It's nothing super fantastic, but it's a price I'm willing to pay and it's reasonably consistent over time. I originally got my phone/internet service through Qwest, which offered me service at what turned out to be a pretty consistent rate. They got bought out by Centurylink a couple years ago, and since my monthly rate was kind of creeping up and my internet had become quite slow (since I hadn't changed my service in a few years and available internet speeds are faster than they used to be), I looked into what I could get if I switched plans.

Ultimately, I ended up with roughly 5x faster internet for about $10/month less than I was paying before (and everything else stayed the same). As far as I can tell, that's pretty much exactly what a brand new customer would be able to get, and the plan has some sort of price-lock guarantee for 5 years. I do pay kind of a lot for phone service, since I have unlimited long distance, but it's cheaper than the cell phone plan I ditched a year ago (in favor of a prepaid cell phone).

Comcast, on the other hand, is like highway robbery in comparison. They offer a $99/month for phone, internet, and cable, but only for new customers, and only for 6 months. They start charging more like $250/month after that introductory price, and I get the feeling they don't offer much in the way of deals to existing customers. I didn't (and don't) want to pay for cable or satellite anyway, so I considered going through Comcast for roughly 5 minutes before I went with the phone company instead.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3769 on: April 02, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
When we had DirectTV, every time our promo rate was about to expire, they'd go through their current promotions to figure out what option would be cheapest, and give us that one. I miss them - we can't have satellite at our current place, so we switched to Quest. Then they got bought out by Century Link (who couldn't seem to get their stories straight when they killed the VOIP service), so we moved to Comcast, who is way better.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

paige =^..^=

• website
« Reply #3770 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
Do websites count? 

We've had an issue for the past 3 days with spiders, and while we're not phobic, no one appreciates eight-legged surprises.  We've got pest control coming next week, but I was curious and searched some websites and their identification charts.

One certain site thought it was funny to have the last image on the chart *wiggle* just a little.  What a creepy little trick!  >:( 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3771 on: April 02, 2013, 11:17:17 PM »
Do websites count? 

We've had an issue for the past 3 days with spiders, and while we're not phobic, no one appreciates eight-legged surprises.  We've got pest control coming next week, but I was curious and searched some websites and their identification charts.

One certain site thought it was funny to have the last image on the chart *wiggle* just a little.  What a creepy little trick!  >:(

Uh, I love eight legged surprises.  I ooh and ahh at every web in the house.  Last few summers we've had a garden spider as big as a quarter (not including the legs, even) take up residence on the back porch.  We snapped tons of pictures.  :)

paige =^..^=

• website
« Reply #3772 on: April 02, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
I guess I should have said no one in our house likes having le spider crawl across a bare foot  ;)

Backyard spiders are awesome, they can handle the mosquitoes and Palmetto bugs.  I'm just not happy with skittery things inside.  Bleah.

:P

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3773 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »
Do websites count? 

Uh, I love eight legged surprises.  I ooh and ahh at every web in the house.  Last few summers we've had a garden spider as big as a quarter (not including the legs, even) take up residence on the back porch.  We snapped tons of pictures.  :)

You and me both; the Eagle not so much. I just got Windows 8 and chose a theme fr the Internet. It was pictures of webs; the Eagle won't even look at it.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #3774 on: April 03, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
I don't even mind indoor spiders, as long as they're not actually walking across me, or the size of dinner plates. We had a small spider inhabiting the upper reaches of our bathroom for the better part of a month and had no problem with it at all.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #3775 on: April 03, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »
I trap and release into the wild 99% of the spiders I find indoors...but one day at our camp I saw one that was, I swear, the size of my clenched fist and there was NO WAY I was going to get close enough to put a drinking glass over THAT.

I still feel kinda bad about dispatching it.

Shalamar

« Reply #3776 on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
My daughter was helping clean out the garage once and went to sweep what she thought was a dust bunny of one of the lawn chairs.  It was a spider.  A mama spider.  A very PREGNANT mama spider.  Ewwww.  To her credit, my daughter didn't jump around and scream and flail her arms like someone (*cough*me*cough*) would have done.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3777 on: April 03, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
Do websites count? 

Yes, but it doesn't sound like you'd be a typical customer for an exterminator!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3778 on: April 03, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
I don't mind daddy long legs but don't care for wolf spiders and cave crickets.  Creep me RIGHT out. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3779 on: April 03, 2013, 03:30:22 PM »
The day when the wolf spider decided my shower was the place to be was the day I turned into a 6 year old girl and screamed at the top of my lungs. Mr. Wolf spider was 4" across.

Back on topic,

Pei Wei is getting a few month reprieve from me if not permanently. I ordered food online, then showed up to pick up my order 15 minutes later. The restaurant was very slow, and they hadn't even started my food. I had to wait an additional 20 minutes. Once I got my food back to the office, the egg rolls were in a sea of grease, and the lo mein tasted only of sesame oil.