A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (769/1643) > >>

--- Quote from: mmswm on April 08, 2013, 10:33:46 AM ---I'm a single mom.  If it needs to get done, I have to do it.  Well, sort of.  Now that the boys are getting older I'm teaching them how to do some things.  My oldest is currently repairing a bathroom sink that got broken with something heavy fell on it. I can't tell you how many times I've complained to management at hardware stores when salespeople have been dismissive of me when I was attempting to purchase tools and other supplies.  It's one of my life's greatest aggravations.

--- End quote ---

I hate going to BigBoxHomeImprovement store by the house. I'm a 27yo female with 3 little kids along for the ride. I can't tell you how many times I've been helpfully redirected to the gardening/nursery section to look at pretty flowers. Or I've been told that if my husband has any problems with that drill/saw/garbage disposal, he can bring it back and exchange it.

DH and I are currently looking at houses - not buying yet, but getting a feel for the market. I've noticed that the male real estate agents talk to DH and the female ones talk to me.

--- Quote from: Diane AKA Traska on April 03, 2013, 10:02:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Julian on April 03, 2013, 07:18:07 PM ---We get these guys:

Warning:  not for the arachnophobic!

--- End quote ---

Awww!  Who's a cutie!  You are, Spider!  Yes you are!  Yes you are!

--- End quote ---

Are they venemous? Do they like being petted? If the answers are no and yes, (in that order, please) I think I know what my next "purse puppy" is gonna be....

Huntsman spiders aren't that poisonous from what I understand. I had a friend from Australia that said he would sometimes have to take a broom to shoo a particularly large one out of his house before his cats could get it, but they weren't aggressive.

--- Quote from: Minmom3 on April 04, 2013, 11:19:05 PM ---I hope all you spider tale tellers are HAPPY that I'm going to have the Devil's own time getting between the sheets tonight.  I'm all tight in the back now and will be FLINGING ALL sheets on the bed open so I can see where I'm getting in....   :P  Completely creeped out, I am!

ETA - because I can't type.

--- End quote ---

Here... a nice soothing puppy picture

for the record, I kinda messed myself up trying to do this prank... I saw a picture of the one creature I fear most... eek!

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version