A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (769/1323) > >>

Virg:
BarensMom wrote:

"We have never incurred a "penalty" for paying up front."

Most dealerships are smart enough to describe that as "cash off if you finance through us!" but to show it as an extra charge for a cash purchase is just dumb.  I agree that I'd walk too.  Truth be told, I'd have done so even if my kid fell in love with it, because it's a good lesson in buying with your head, not your heart.

Virg

twiggy:

--- Quote from: mmswm on April 08, 2013, 11:33:46 AM ---I'm a single mom.  If it needs to get done, I have to do it.  Well, sort of.  Now that the boys are getting older I'm teaching them how to do some things.  My oldest is currently repairing a bathroom sink that got broken with something heavy fell on it. I can't tell you how many times I've complained to management at hardware stores when salespeople have been dismissive of me when I was attempting to purchase tools and other supplies.  It's one of my life's greatest aggravations.

--- End quote ---

I hate going to BigBoxHomeImprovement store by the house. I'm a 27yo female with 3 little kids along for the ride. I can't tell you how many times I've been helpfully redirected to the gardening/nursery section to look at pretty flowers. Or I've been told that if my husband has any problems with that drill/saw/garbage disposal, he can bring it back and exchange it.

Iris:
DH and I are currently looking at houses - not buying yet, but getting a feel for the market. I've noticed that the male real estate agents talk to DH and the female ones talk to me.

Kimblee:

--- Quote from: Diane AKA Traska on April 03, 2013, 11:02:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Julian on April 03, 2013, 08:18:07 PM ---We get these guys:

Warning:  not for the arachnophobic!

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Huntsman-Spiders
--- End quote ---

Awww!  Who's a cutie!  You are, Spider!  Yes you are!  Yes you are!

--- End quote ---

Aww!

Are they venemous? Do they like being petted? If the answers are no and yes, (in that order, please) I think I know what my next "purse puppy" is gonna be....

Reika:
Huntsman spiders aren't that poisonous from what I understand. I had a friend from Australia that said he would sometimes have to take a broom to shoo a particularly large one out of his house before his cats could get it, but they weren't aggressive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version