A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (819/1206) > >>

gramma dishes:
LOL!  It almost sounds like they brought another table's order to yours.  I wonder if there were other diners that night who also got meals they hadn't ordered?  :)

You handled everything just fine.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: gramma dishes on May 09, 2013, 10:45:34 PM ---LOL!  It almost sounds like they brought another table's order to yours.  I wonder if there were other diners that night who also got meals they hadn't ordered?  :)

You handled everything just fine.

--- End quote ---

I would have thought that if the sides hadn't been right  :)  The server didn't look like it was his first day or anything, and it was a loud room, so I really do suspect he's got less-than-stellar hearing and/or really bad handwriting  :P

iridaceae:
One of the cellphone store locations. I had a cheap old pay as you go and lost the power cord. It was a weird one and so I was dubious if it was still made but hey. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The young lady at the AT & T store was all condescending and dismissive because it's an old cheap pay as you go. Nope,  weren't made anymore. Try online, Radio Shack or Walmart. And she basically said goodbye. I left.

Radio Shack said sorry but hey we can help you get a new pay as you go and switch the number so you can keep it. Sold. Yeah I got a cheap model but even if the Radio Shack guy was disappointed over that he was professional enough not to show it.

Reika:

--- Quote from: iridaceae on May 10, 2013, 05:15:30 AM ---Radio Shack said sorry but hey we can help you get a new pay as you go and switch the number so you can keep it. Sold. Yeah I got a cheap model but even if the Radio Shack guy was disappointed over that he was professional enough not to show it.

--- End quote ---

When I was trying to find a power cord for my one tablet and I hit Radio Shack, the guy was disappointed (and amazed) that he couldn't find anything that fit the stupid thing.

Cami:
We just returned from a short vacation in the tourist mecca city in which my dd lives. We went to one restaurant to which we will never return. Every single entree was wrong. And not even remotely close to correct. I ordered a steak and got stew. My dh ordered chicken and got a salad. My dd ordered chicken and got soup. The waitress kept insisting that she'd written down those entrees because that's what we ordered and showed us her pad. I told her, "I'm sorry. But we most certainly did not order those meals. We ordered..." She kept arguing with us. My dd actually asked the waitress if we were being punked. We had to ask for the manager and he acted so put out by our wanting the meals we actually ordered, that we got up and left the restaurant.

--- Quote from: Jones on May 03, 2013, 11:49:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: daen on May 03, 2013, 09:38:40 PM ---Heh. I'm wavering between dyeing my hair purple (over my current brown, not with a pre-bleach to make it flaringly obvious) and adding more grey. I'm curious as to how I'll look with grey, and as I'm away from most family and friends for another five months (for a year in total), an evil part of my brain wants to see the reaction when I come back with lots of silver highlights...

--- End quote ---
One tip, if you do go purple; the salon stylist told me I'd better sleep with dark pillowcases and use dark towels for a couple days, as excess color would rub off. Boy was she right. I keep finding purple marks about the house in places I leaned my head and didn't realize it....sadly the purple was gone in a few weeks (it's worse than red for staying in) and I haven't decided if I want to redye, as I'll have to wear a hood around the house this time, I think....

--- End quote ---
My dd had cobalt blue put in her hair and it was a freaking nightmare for her clothes and bed linens and even, our tub. It dyed our tub blue. ANd kept dying it blue every single day of the weeks she had her hair blue -- in other words, the blue NEVER stopped leaching out of her hair. We spent HOURS cleaning the blue out of the tub. She has been forbidden from dying her hair a color like that while living in our home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version