A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (819/1159) > >>

Slartibartfast:
Not NEVER never, since MIL and Babybartfast still love it, but tonight's experience at Cracker Barrel was absolutely surreal.  Among the four of us, there were five major mistakes with our meal - no one had the right food!  I suspect the server had poor hearing or something, because some of the mistakes were probably due to miscommunication - I ordered chicken livers and got chicken fingers, and Babybartfast ordered a grilled cheese and got grilled chicken.  MIL got the entirely wrong sauce on her entree, though, and DH's cheeseburger was wrong even though the server clarified exactly what he wanted and wrote it down!  I also never got the lemonade I ordered.  When they brought our food the second time (the right food), the manager came by, and I made a point of saying "I didn't get the lemonade I ordered but that's okay; I don't need it now."  (Since we were half done with the meal by then.)  The server then brought me the wrong lemonade "just in case", which would have been nice if it hadn't then showed up on the bill (at the higher price the lemonade I actually asked for was billed at).

I did track down the manager and told him I wanted the lemonade off the bill (and explained that I didn't want to get the server or the kitchen in too much trouble, not knowing the source of the issue, but the mistakes in our food were ridiculous).  He took off the lemonade and our desserts, which I didn't ask for but kind of half expected  :P

Anyway, the food was better than usual (when we finally got the right food!) and I do appreciate the reduced bill, but I spent the whole time sitting there waiting for my corrected dinner and wondering what eHell would think  :P

gramma dishes:
LOL!  It almost sounds like they brought another table's order to yours.  I wonder if there were other diners that night who also got meals they hadn't ordered?  :)

You handled everything just fine.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: gramma dishes on May 09, 2013, 10:45:34 PM ---LOL!  It almost sounds like they brought another table's order to yours.  I wonder if there were other diners that night who also got meals they hadn't ordered?  :)

You handled everything just fine.

--- End quote ---

I would have thought that if the sides hadn't been right  :)  The server didn't look like it was his first day or anything, and it was a loud room, so I really do suspect he's got less-than-stellar hearing and/or really bad handwriting  :P

iridaceae:
One of the cellphone store locations. I had a cheap old pay as you go and lost the power cord. It was a weird one and so I was dubious if it was still made but hey. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The young lady at the AT & T store was all condescending and dismissive because it's an old cheap pay as you go. Nope,  weren't made anymore. Try online, Radio Shack or Walmart. And she basically said goodbye. I left.

Radio Shack said sorry but hey we can help you get a new pay as you go and switch the number so you can keep it. Sold. Yeah I got a cheap model but even if the Radio Shack guy was disappointed over that he was professional enough not to show it.

Reika:

--- Quote from: iridaceae on May 10, 2013, 05:15:30 AM ---Radio Shack said sorry but hey we can help you get a new pay as you go and switch the number so you can keep it. Sold. Yeah I got a cheap model but even if the Radio Shack guy was disappointed over that he was professional enough not to show it.

--- End quote ---

When I was trying to find a power cord for my one tablet and I hit Radio Shack, the guy was disappointed (and amazed) that he couldn't find anything that fit the stupid thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version