Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1185068 times)

Morty'sCleaningLady

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4200 on: June 03, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
Morty'sCleaningLady - I hope you called in a complaint to management, and shot off another one to corporate!

I just emailed corporate.  The restaurant wasn't particularly busy so I have a feeling that I'm not the only person boycotting this place.  Next time I want a burger and don't want to cook I'm going to the 99 down the street where half the time you can't even get a parking spot in their generous oversized lot.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #4201 on: June 03, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
DH and I enjoy cruising, with the exception of one cruise line that often refers to itself euphemistically with a single letter.  This line's advertising suggested a luxurious experience with special treatment.  Our cruise had everything but.  The last evening of the cruise, I checked our shipboard account.  We were still charged for drinks that we did not order.  I had tried to resolve this three times before, and each time was told that it would be taken care of. So I went back to Guest Relations (relations another euphemism), where I was again told that it would be taken care of.  I said that I wanted to see a credit on my account or a manager.  She refused to credit my account.  She said that the manager was busy and refused to give me his name.  Then she said that I had purchased drinks for other people.  I was livid. I decided that the only way that this would be handled properly would be to make them more uncomfortable than I was.  I turned up the volume and spoke in a firm, direct voice (not yelling, but easily overheard) and said that I would not leave the desk until I saw a manager. I finally got our account credited.  The total amount that I tried to resolve?  $50.

In contrast, on a Disney cruise.  I was trying to figure out how to connect to wifi on my Kindle, and just shut it after trying for about 10 minutes.  When I reviewed our shipboard account later, I saw a charge for an hour of wifi.  I went down to Disney's Guest Services, where they showed me how to log on.  I told them about the wifi charges, and they credited me 50 minutes of wifi (about $20)!  It was on our account within a half hour. 

And THAT is why we bought 220 points at Disney Vacation Club.   >:D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4202 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
Which cruise line did you have the first issue with?

We are cruising Royal Caribbean again in August, they treat passengers very well.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4203 on: June 03, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

We are cruising Royal Caribbean again in August, they treat passengers very well.

I'd be interested in knowing the cruise line as well.  We've been on many and only had a problem once.  It was a charge for a bingo game I did not attend.  The problem was taken care of in about 20 minutes.

We were very impressed with Holland-America.  I tripped and fell on a deck.    It was only a  sprain  but we went to the medical center to make sure.  The problem was that we were booked for a shore excursion the next day that involved climbing cobble-stone streets.  Although it was well past the time to cancel the excursion, we received a full refund for the excursion.   

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4204 on: June 03, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
I am guessing the problem cruise line was Celebrity. I've never been on a cruise, but I have seen the ads, and that X stands out like anything.

And now seeing about $20/hour for wifi, I don't think I'll ever go on a cruise on any line!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4205 on: June 03, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
I am guessing the problem cruise line was Celebrity. I've never been on a cruise, but I have seen the ads, and that X stands out like anything.

And now seeing about $20/hour for wifi, I don't think I'll ever go on a cruise on any line!

We've never had a problem with Celebrity but we haven't used that line in several years.  We will be taking the Constellation from Rome in the fall so we'll see if things have changed.

For general information, here's what we do to keep up with our on-board accounts.  We reserve a small drawer in the cabin to hold receipts.  The receipt for everything we buy on the ship goes in there.  Every two or three days we call up our account and reconcile the charges with our receipts.  This way, we can nip anything suspicious in the bud. 

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #4206 on: June 03, 2013, 07:42:17 PM »

I haven't gone on a cruises since HS - they are not my thing. (I feel trapped and the one time I went was served food with peanuts during an evening meal and could not get anything else to eat)

That said I've hear people complain to various podcasters that "I went on X geek cruise to hear you speak and was charged an arm and a leg for something as basic as wifi and the connection was horrible/slow "

To  a person the podcasters point out you aren't paying for wifi, you are paying for a connection to the internet in the middle of the bleeping ocean. It is going to cost an arm and a leg and be slow. That problem hasn't been solved yet.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4207 on: June 03, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
This is precisely why we don't bring our devices on a cruise.  It 's supposed to be a vacation.  It's supposed to be a rest and a change from the ordinary.

Okay, as soon as we get home we go on-line but while we're away, we're away.   

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4208 on: June 03, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »
We only go when we can get away and leave our devices at home. We will bring our tablets for reading and our phones, but no laptops. We get a free hour each of wireless if we need to use it.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #4209 on: June 03, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »

Jedikati guessed right.  It was Celebrity.  There was poor customer service throughout the trip (cant do anything about it/figure it out yourself/it's not my job) that took us by surprise.  That alone wouldn't make us permanently write off the cruise line; we would have eventually tried it again.  The last night was so OTT bad that we vowed we would never take another X cruise. Call me a liar and a thief and you lose me as a customer forever.

Thipu, we keep all of our receipts.  We asked them to show us the receipts where we purchased the drinks and were told that they wouldn't have them until after the cruise.  She said that maybe we left without paying and were charged afterward.

Had to take a Disney cruise to get the bad taste out of our mouths!

NyaChan

« Reply #4210 on: June 03, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
Wow.  I will admit that when I used Celebrity earlier in the year, there were some problems that I found irritating, but they were no where near as bad as what you had to go through.  So sorry they didn't treat you better!

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #4211 on: June 03, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »
To  a person the podcasters point out you aren't paying for wifi, you are paying for a connection to the internet in the middle of the bleeping ocean. It is going to cost an arm and a leg and be slow. That problem hasn't been solved yet.

Yep.  Internet is slow and expensive at sea. 

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #4212 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
Wow.  I will admit that when I used Celebrity earlier in the year, there were some problems that I found irritating, but they were no where near as bad as what you had to go through.  So sorry they didn't treat you better!
Thanks, NyaChan. Happened a year ago, and still gets to me when I think about it.  Time to move on.  I'm sure the cruise line isn't bothered by it.

Jocelyn

« Reply #4213 on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »
Thanks, NyaChan. Happened a year ago, and still gets to me when I think about it.  Time to move on.  I'm sure the cruise line isn't bothered by it.
Back in the olden days, I'm sure they could afford to not care...but in the days of the Internet, they're fools. Pre-Internet, if you had consumer satisfaction ratings of 85% or less, there was more bad PR out about your business than good PR. Now, just here in EHell, you've had the chance to spread the word to dozens more people than you could ever tell in person...so they'd have to have much higher consumer satisfaction ratings to offset the number of people who've heard about their crappy service.  >:D

Calistoga

« Reply #4214 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:16 AM »
Edit- Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. Oops :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:19:08 AM by Calistoga »