Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1100752 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4230 on: June 08, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
She still screwed up.  If the condensation was that bad, there should have been coasters for all the drinks.  I did miss how all the water was just from the drinks, though.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4231 on: June 08, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
Here again, it was one bad waitress. I wouldn't avoid the place because of her, unless on repeated visits, she is still there and not improved. I wouldn't let here serve me, either.

I mad plenty of mistakes when I was waitressing but not as egregious as to argue with a customer, and I did get better.

Pen^2

« Reply #4232 on: June 08, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »
DH and I were at a place getting dinner once--we ordered one thing each. We were then given two completely different meals. I alerted the waitress before she had put the second one on the table, "oh, these must be someone else's meals; we ordered <completely different things>." The waitress flat-out said, "no you didn't. You ordered this," and stalked off. We got the manager who also argued that we ordered what we had been given, despite the fact that he didn't even speak with the waitress about it or check anything. He argued immediately from the get-go. Great customer service. We left.

Recently DH bought me some bath soap things (I generally just like nice smelling goop). I used the first one and got a tremendous blotchy rash. My skin then got all scaly and flaked off over the next few days. So, naturally, I returned the unopened and unused soaps, thinking that it would be a waste to discard them, and someone else who doesn't react to them might get some use out of them.

They were very hard to return. "Oh, these are organic, so you can't have a reaction to them. There aren't any chemicals in them, you know." Note that I have a tertiary degree in Biochemistry and don't appreciate being told I cannot return a product because the shop assistant is ignorant of her severe limitations in high-school chemistry. Especially since, according to the receipt, they could be returned within a month without even needing a reason. The manager was just as bad. He got fixated on the apparent impossibility of 'organic' products causing a skin reaction, and became unable to hear my request to please just let me return them anyway regardless of how magical he thinks they are.

Not going there again. No-siree. Both because they use something that gives me weird skin, and because the people working there are idiots who won't listen to facts and somehow won't even follow their own rules as a result.

Tia2

« Reply #4233 on: June 08, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
It occurs to me that the argument that 'you can't react to anything organic' means that everyone who has ever claimed to have a food allergy or poison ivy for that matter is lying according to these people - after all, an organically grown peanut or other food can't possibly cause a reaction and poison ivy is just a plant.

Please note, I'm not actually idiotic enough to believe this - it's just the argument taken to its logical conclusion.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #4234 on: June 08, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »
They also seem to have a misunderstanding of what "chemicals" are.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4235 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
They also seem to have a misunderstanding of what "chemicals" are.

There are people who assume that chemicals must be horrible things dreamed up in a lab.  Most of us here know that everything is composed of chemicals. Chemicals are a part of nature.  Water is a chemical. 

Nicotinic acid sounds lethal but it's also known as niacin.  That's something that's included in just about every multi-vitamin sold on the planet. 

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #4236 on: June 08, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
This isn't my story as a customer, but I was involved in a disaster that alienated customers.

In college, I worked for a few months as a waitress in a hotel bar that was "under new management" -- very very bad new management.  Costumers could order food in the bar. 

One evening a party of about a dozen held a dinner party in the bar.  They had pre-ordered fried shrimp plates.  The kitchen had no shrimp when the party arrived, and the manager insisted that I serve fried clams.  I protested, to no avail.

Of course, the customers knew instantly that they got clams instead of shrimp.  I took a lot of abuse before the manager finally agreed to come out.  So the customers learned there was no shrimp, but not before their party was ruined and they all vowed to never return. 

Not that it mattered much since the place went out of business soon after that.
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Amava

« Reply #4237 on: June 08, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
It occurs to me that the argument that 'you can't react to anything organic' means that everyone who has ever claimed to have a food allergy or poison ivy for that matter is lying according to these people - after all, an organically grown peanut or other food can't possibly cause a reaction and poison ivy is just a plant.

Please note, I'm not actually idiotic enough to believe this - it's just the argument taken to its logical conclusion.

Exactly.
But I sometimes suspect that people who think that way are so out of touch with nature that they have never seen (or felt) poison ivy and believe peanuts are made in a factory.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #4238 on: June 08, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
DH and I were at a place getting dinner once--we ordered one thing each. We were then given two completely different meals. I alerted the waitress before she had put the second one on the table, "oh, these must be someone else's meals; we ordered <completely different things>." The waitress flat-out said, "no you didn't. You ordered this," and stalked off. We got the manager who also argued that we ordered what we had been given, despite the fact that he didn't even speak with the waitress about it or check anything. He argued immediately from the get-go. Great customer service. We left.

Recently DH bought me some bath soap things (I generally just like nice smelling goop). I used the first one and got a tremendous blotchy rash. My skin then got all scaly and flaked off over the next few days. So, naturally, I returned the unopened and unused soaps, thinking that it would be a waste to discard them, and someone else who doesn't react to them might get some use out of them.

They were very hard to return. "Oh, these are organic, so you can't have a reaction to them. There aren't any chemicals in them, you know." Note that I have a tertiary degree in Biochemistry and don't appreciate being told I cannot return a product because the shop assistant is ignorant of her severe limitations in high-school chemistry. Especially since, according to the receipt, they could be returned within a month without even needing a reason. The manager was just as bad. He got fixated on the apparent impossibility of 'organic' products causing a skin reaction, and became unable to hear my request to please just let me return them anyway regardless of how magical he thinks they are.

Not going there again. No-siree. Both because they use something that gives me weird skin, and because the people working there are idiots who won't listen to facts and somehow won't even follow their own rules as a result.
Oh the it is natural/organic so it has to be good for you argument. Makes beating your head against a brick wall seem pleasurable in contrast

peanuts, shelfish, fire ants, and bees are all natural - and they can all kill people in my family even when organically grown. (Actually had one person argue that fire ants were the result of genetic experiment gone wrong so not natural. Except of course fire ants, while an invasive species, are not the result of genetic experiments. That is Africanized Honey Bees)

To a certain hate mongering chicken place - I don't care how "pure" your peanut oil is I am NOT eating anything from there. (They are a vendor for my school district. It has been an on going battle that I'm not eating their food at staff development that provides lunch. I won't stay in the room while their food is being served to others.)

I guess those people removing lead or asbestos from older buildings don't need hazmat suits. Lead and asbestos are natural, why are we removing them from buildings. If it is natural it can not be causing brain damage in children or cancer.

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Amava

« Reply #4239 on: June 08, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Oh the it is natural/organic so it has to be good for you argument. Makes beating your head against a brick wall seem pleasurable in contrast
You should only beat your head against natural rock formations. Those can't hurt you since they're natural!   >:D

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #4240 on: June 08, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
All natural and organic equals no reaction? I call bs. I am mildly allergic to clover honey. I also like Lush products but I only buy the vegan ones because everything else uses honey. No one can tell me what type of honey or where it was sourced and I don't fancy hives, so I won't buy anything they make that has honey in it.

That's like the waitress at a local dessert place who told my friend she couldn't be allergic to strawberries because allergies are caused by proteins and fruit doesn't have protein.  :o

Snooks

« Reply #4241 on: June 08, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »
I'm wondering what they've done to the sun to make it non-natural because that thing has definitely caused me pain.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4242 on: June 08, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »
All natural and organic equals no reaction? I call bs. I am mildly allergic to clover honey. I also like Lush products but I only buy the vegan ones because everything else uses honey. No one can tell me what type of honey or where it was sourced and I don't fancy hives, so I won't buy anything they make that has honey in it.

That's like the waitress at a local dessert place who told my friend she couldn't be allergic to strawberries because allergies are caused by proteins and fruit doesn't have protein.  :o

Okay, my mind just works like this, but...

I personally find it interesting that you get hives from honey, which they get from hives.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #4243 on: June 08, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
Great minds think alike? Or are we hive minded?

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4244 on: June 08, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
When I was in Las Vegas I got caught by one of those skin cream stalls, bought some, and reacted to it - red puffy watery eyes.  They were good, and exchanged it for something I didn't react to.

As a result, when next some skin mob tried to get me to try their fabulous creams, I demurred and mentioned I'd had a reaction.  "But you couldn't react to ours, it's all organic!"  Umm yeah, I can.  Bee stings and peanuts are also all natural and organic, and they kill hundreds of people a year.