A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (873/1729) > >>

stargazer:

--- Quote from: ica171 on June 26, 2013, 03:58:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Asharah on June 26, 2013, 12:55:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jocelyn on June 26, 2013, 12:49:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Luci45 on June 26, 2013, 12:34:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pen^2 on June 26, 2013, 11:57:36 AM ---Miss Tickle, that is insane. I mean holy flying fresh coprolites.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Miss Tickle on June 25, 2013, 10:47:50 AM ---When I was newly married Sears let DH use my account without permission. I opened a bill where the charges were listed as overdue,

--- End quote ---
I do not understand. Miss Tickle was married. They should have had the charge on a bill before it went overdue/to collections so it should have been settled before it went overdue between Mr. and Ms. Tickle if it needed to be.

I'm sorry there is so much stress here, but I just don't get the problem. Thank you for explaining this to me - and please be nice to me.

--- End quote ---
Luci,
I think the upsetting part of it was that the cardholder had not authorized anyone else to use the card. A person should not be able to go into a store and use a card by saying, 'It's my wife's.' 
The store couldn't know for sure that they were married, nor could the store know if they had recently split up. If the only authorized user on the account is the wife, a clerk shouldn't just assume that it would be OK to let a man saying he's her husband, use her card.

--- End quote ---
I kinda wonder if hubby realized he screwed up and hid the first bill. Maybe intended to pay it himself and then forgot about it.

--- End quote ---
Well, I know I've been guilty of delaying the opening of bills because I knew there weren't charges on there, even though I know I should be checking just to make sure everything says what it's supposed to say. Maybe that's what happened here; she "knew" there was a zero balance so she set it aside for later, then only found out about DH's charges after the second bill came.

--- End quote ---

This is what I was thinking.  Macy's kept sending me a $0 balance bill so I stopped opening them.  I also didn't open my phone bill b/c it was on automatic payment.  That one backfired on me though b/c my credit card # changed and I forgot to tell them.  I guess they were sending me notices with the bills but I didn't see them - only noticed when phone service got shut off.  The nice lady waived the reconnect fee once I explained why I hadn't seen the notices.

Virg:
stargazer wrote:

"I also didn't open my phone bill b/c it was on automatic payment.  That one backfired on me though b/c my credit card # changed and I forgot to tell them.  I guess they were sending me notices with the bills but I didn't see them - only noticed when phone service got shut off."

The headscratcher here is why they didn't call you to advise you that your balance was delinquent.  It's not like they didn't have your phone number on file.

Virg

Shalamar:
My personal head-scratcher is that I suddenly started to get Diners Club statements in the mail for a $0.01 credit balance.   That's not the head-scratching part, though.   I got that card when I worked for IBM, but I haven't worked for them for 11 years!

Piratelvr1121:

--- Quote from: Virg on June 26, 2013, 10:03:30 AM ---Piratelvr1121 wrote:

"Not really a store but I'm just giving up on the little train museum that's in our park.  It's not a huge museum really but they have an old steam engine and coal tender.  I've taken the older two there but I'd like for the little guy to get to see it up close as well.

But they are NEVER open!  They have hours posted for the summer and we've gone during those hours but the gates are always locked.   Last time they were locked and there was someone sitting on a bench just outside the building near the engine."

I'd bet my dollar that they're running out of money (or they have run out) and so they can't open the museum to the public.

crs1881 wrote:

"Lack of volunteers perhaps?"

I'd bet it's funding.  Even with volunteers they wouldn't be able to open to the public without some sort of liability coverage, so the person that Piratelvr1121 saw probably wasn't allowed to let them in.

I'd suggest calling them or asking whoever's there if you see someone sitting there why they're closed, and odds are good they'll tell you.  If it's money, then you're stuck unless you're willing to help them raise funds.

Virg

--- End quote ---

Well when I stopped being irritated, I thought of that, and you're probably right about that, the funding or the volunteers.  Heck I wouldn't even mind volunteering or whatever cause the one time we went there, while it was small, my kids and I had fun.  You can even climb into the engine to see what they were like on the inside and learn more about train travel in the days of steam engines.  It's a small but nice museum, really.

artk2002:

--- Quote from: Shalamar on July 01, 2013, 11:40:34 AM ---My personal head-scratcher is that I suddenly started to get Diners Club statements in the mail for a $0.01 credit balance.   That's not the head-scratching part, though.   I got that card when I worked for IBM, but I haven't worked for them for 11 years!

--- End quote ---

Not to mention the fact that they ditched DC at least 10 years ago!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version