A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (896/1286) > >>

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: Twik on August 12, 2013, 10:46:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kimblee on September 16, 2010, 04:43:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: CG on September 16, 2010, 04:25:39 PM ---Mom used to get bruises that would last YEARS. As in, bruises that were 7 years old.  A (obviously male) doctor told her it was "typical female bruising."  Yeah, he got knocked off the list.

--- End quote ---

Did she ever find out what caused it? just curious, I have a bruise that I've had for eight months now.

--- End quote ---

Do you have something that you could bump into frequently that's around the area of the bruise? I had a never-healing bruise in my leg once. I was all set to make a doctor's appointment, when banged my leg against my roommate's horribly oversized glass coffee table. I realized I did that just about every day, and it was a constant series of bruises.

--- End quote ---

I had a mystery bruise on my hips in college that stayed for several months.  Same spot, both sides.  Until one day I realized it was from the way my roommate and I lofted our beds - the rooms were tiny, see, so we ended up putting them in an "L" shape and the lower half of my bed was under hers but nowhere near as high as bunk beds normally would be.  It was fine when I was awake, but apparently when I'm already asleep I have a tendency to roll over by sticking my butt in the air and flopping.  I was re-bruising both hips every night.  The bruises mysteriously faded after I started seriously dating DH (who had a single) . . .

Julia Mercer:
DH and I went out to dinner at a Chinese buffet with sil and friend, and never again, the so called spicy garlic shrimp wasn't spicy at all, just plain  breaded shrimp, the noodles in the wonton soup were mush, dh said the white rice was still raw, and to top it all off, sil said the strawberry ice cream tasted sour to her. I mentioned this to the manager when I paid for my half, but all she did was apologize, no offer of compensation. Neither DH or I left a tip, besides, there are some great Chinese food places in town that we are regulars at, we definitely won't be returning! If anyone is planning a trip to Windsor or lives here and wants to know the name, feel free to PM me!

RebeccainGA:
Can I nominate a whole mall?

Since moving to the Atlanta area, we've gone to the Mall of Georgia many times - it's very close to us, and we love it. However, they don't have a Mont Blanc store, and I needed to get my pen repaired, so we went down to the Lenox Square mall, which does have one (and a ton of very, very high end stores). DP was in her chair, and I was in my work clothes (business casual, nothing fancy, but decent). We were ignored by everyone BUT the lovely man at the Mont Blanc store (he, I would spend lots of $$ with, if I was in the market for more pens). The clerks at Neiman Marcus were the worst - they were all on their (personal) cell phone calls (I overheard one about workout routines, one about clothes she wore last night at a party, and one dinner discussion - definitely not work), and we ended up stumbling on the elevators on our own. Admittedly, we were in there for one thing, but even if I'd had a million dollars to spend, I'd have come back to the Mall of Georgia to do it - except for the Cartier and Bvlgari sorts of shops, the stores are roughly the same selection there, and we don't get ignored.

Elfmama:
I hope this doesn't offend you, Rebecca, but there is something to consider re your DP and her chair.  Most people are taught as children that it is rude to stare at someone with a physical disability.  What you consider 'ignoring' may be what the other person considers as 'not staring.' 

Of course, if you or DP attempted to get someone's attention and they then ignored you, THAT is something to boycott the store/mall over.  If they greeted others with a smile and "May I help you?" and looked right through you and DP, that is worth contacting a manager or even corporate.  Geez -- haven't they ever seen Pretty Woman?

RebeccainGA:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on August 20, 2013, 11:54:44 AM ---I hope this doesn't offend you, Rebecca, but there is something to consider re your DP and her chair.  Most people are taught as children that it is rude to stare at someone with a physical disability.  What you consider 'ignoring' may be what the other person considers as 'not staring.' 

Of course, if you or DP attempted to get someone's attention and they then ignored you, THAT is something to boycott the store/mall over.  If they greeted others with a smile and "May I help you?" and looked right through you and DP, that is worth contacting a manager or even corporate.  Geez -- haven't they ever seen Pretty Woman?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, it wasn't a 'don't stare' thing - I tried to get help in a couple of departments before we stumbled on what we were looking for. They were just oblivious. We do go out with the chair a lot, and I am used to some degree of it, but it was just.... weird.

At least the pen guy was great. When I get my pen back from the adorably apt "Pen Hospital", I will be letting his manager know how great he was, too. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version