News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 13, 2017, 05:29:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2672861 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4515 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »
If the document is opened in Google Chrome, it has a built in pdf creator.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4516 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
If you're in Word, you can choose "Save As..." --> PDF
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #4517 on: August 27, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
fast forward eleven years, she is getting a pelvic exam for her 4th child and the doctor who she just met suddenly says. "Oh, I delivered your baby!"

She looks down confused and he continues. "You must have had a baby in [first birth state] because i sewed up this tear."

Turns out he WAS the OB who delivered her daughter. She just didn't recognize him and he didn't recognize her until just then,
Hah!  I always suspected that they were doing embroidery down there, it took so long to sew up the episiotomy. :D  (And when it's done with no anesthetic, it HURTS, a lot worse than the actual birth!)

No anesthetic?! That should be illegal.

And it wasn't an epi tear, it was just a natural one she got. Apparently it was somewhat distinctive.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #4518 on: August 27, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
fast forward eleven years, she is getting a pelvic exam for her 4th child and the doctor who she just met suddenly says. "Oh, I delivered your baby!"

She looks down confused and he continues. "You must have had a baby in [first birth state] because i sewed up this tear."

Turns out he WAS the OB who delivered her daughter. She just didn't recognize him and he didn't recognize her until just then,
Hah!  I always suspected that they were doing embroidery down there, it took so long to sew up the episiotomy. :D  (And when it's done with no anesthetic, it HURTS, a lot worse than the actual birth!)

No anesthetic?! That should be illegal.

And it wasn't an epi tear, it was just a natural one she got. Apparently it was somewhat distinctive.
Mine wasn't in the US, but in Italy.  You know those phrasebooks that they make for tourists, with sections like "In the Restaurant" or "At the Open Market?"  There is no handy-dandy section of the phrasebook for "In the Delivery Room", so I didn't know how to yell "HEY!! Wait until the novacaine works!" 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

dawbs

« Reply #4519 on: August 27, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

...   FWIW, I have won CC disputes based on timing.
I showed my printouts of the order, that told me it would arrive in 1 week to the CC company and said I no longer wanted the item, because it didn't arrive in the correct timeframe and would be refusing the package.  The company said "but we sent it".
I won, I refused the pacage and got my $ back

I have a question.  How did you show the CC company your printout of the order.  Did you have to take it somewhere?  Mail it? Or is there a way to do that by computer?

P.S.  Good for you for standing your ground and getting your money back!

Print it to a pdf (I know my home and work computers both have free ones on there, that include a sticker on everything that is printed that says it is a free program - so not good for some things, but good for something like this), and then you can email that document to the company.  I do this all the time when I have to send in medical documentation for our flexible spending account.
I actually faxed it in, because I had easier access to a fax machine than anything else (and this was a few years ago--nowadays I'd find my order confirmation email and screenshot it :)

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
« Reply #4520 on: August 27, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »
Mine wasn't in the US, but in Italy.  You know those phrasebooks that they make for tourists, with sections like "In the Restaurant" or "At the Open Market?"  There is no handy-dandy section of the phrasebook for "In the Delivery Room", so I didn't know how to yell "HEY!! Wait until the novacaine works!"

What, the basic scream and levitate out of the stirrups didn't get that point across?!   :-[  Poor you!  Birthing wasn't fun, I'd have to say. Hard work....
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

Carotte

« Reply #4521 on: August 28, 2013, 03:48:32 AM »

I always found it weird that my japanese phrasebook had "Help! my kids have been kidnaped!" but it's true, you never know when you're going to need it... :)

Asharah

« Reply #4522 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »

I always found it weird that my japanese phrasebook had "Help! my kids have been kidnaped!" but it's true, you never know when you're going to need it... :)
We used to have a priest at our church who had spent time in Japan. Whire he was at our parish, he was once called in to interpet when a Japanese woman was giving birth. He joked about not knowing the word for epidural. He also said he called his mom afterwards and told her "thank you."
Asharah

KarenK

« Reply #4523 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:26 AM »
Not from a particular business (well, actually, from a particular Ebay seller), but we'll never buy anything on Ebay from Hawaii. It costs too much to send stuff back there!

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #4524 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »
I did a search on 'beachbody' (www.beachbody.com) but the search function is broken. I wanted to see if this company had already been reported. At the bottom of my bag of shakeology was a metal thing, like a pin sort of. It was good size. I had already consumed the bag. I contacted their customer relations, all I got was a canned response. A week later no communication from them, nor from my 'coach' who I specifically asked her to call me and she later admitted she chose not to call me. I told a friend of mine; she said "this is how recalls start."  It had not occurred to me that there may be other bags with metal parts in them. So I gave beachbody another 2 days to get in touch with me. Now it is well over  a week, no contact from beachbody nor my 'coach'. I then opened a complaint against them with the FTC so if they decided to look into it further they could. About 4-5 days later I then sent an email to my 'coach' and asked if she got my request for her to call me; she said yes & she opted not to although in my e-mail I told her I told I had  a serious concern. When she admitted this info, I then sent her an explanation as to what happened with the metal thing and a few other concerns. I was also double-billed for my shakeology; they sent me 2 bags instead of 1 for just 1 month. I didn't request 2 bags. They never sent my 'free' t-shirt although I filled out the 4 page document with pictures et al. In my next bag of shakeology, there were 2 scoops. Neither scoop was the recommended 35g. The 2nd scoop was found at the end of the bag (again) so basically I had overconsumed the entire bag of  shakeology. There are other issues too... but the main one is their lack of concern that a metal part was in their shakeology. There are people who would sue a company for that type of negligence.  Once my coach found out about the problems she contacted someone high up and my phone began to ring off the hook. It was 1 day short of 2 weeks since I reported the metal thing in my bag of shakeology.

They did finally send my 'free' t-shirt but of course it was.... the wrong size.

And they did refund me 1 bag of shakeology....not the shipping of course just the product.

I do enjoy my workout video and will continue to do it but no longer will I be giving beachbody.com any business. I highly suggest you be very careful about sharing your credit card info with them. And have very  low expectations of your coach. My coach has > 200 people under her and is not managing her coaching duties very well.

lilfox

« Reply #4525 on: August 28, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
Well, our contractor just burned his last bridge with us.

Contractor is a friend of a friend with a good rep, having done work for several of DH's college friends for years.  So a few years ago we hired him to handle our partial house remodel and that went reasonably well.  But this... is kind of inexcusable.

We liked the flooring job that was done on the house remodel, so hired Contractor to redo the kitchen floors, replace a section by the front door, and refinish all the common-space hardwoods plus one bedroom/soon-to-be nursery.  That's 3 tasks.  We gave them a 10 day timeframe when we would be out of the house, and asked that they finish in time for the toxic fumes to air out.

Strike 1 - they finished the morning that we arrived back at the house, and left the house totally closed up so it was completely toxic.  Contractor had (supposedly) walked through and signed off on the job, though I doubt he spent any time actually looking because the fumes were that bad.  DH walks in and immediately notices that a) the section by the front door was badly done, b) the nursery floor was badly done, and c) they had left pools of finish to dry so there were puddle marks.

So, after camping out in the back yard and airing out the house for a week, we arrange for the flooring crew to come back and fix a, b, and c.  They said okay, Monday and Tuesday, done by Tuesday afternoon.  Great since DH and DD will be gone for a week again anyway.  So I'm off to a hotel for those two nights (with cats in tow).  I came back late Tuesday night to start airing out the house and gee, the front door area didn't look any different and several puddle spots clearly marked with orange tape were not fixed (others were).  But the flooring guy told Contractor they were done...  I texted Contractor at 8 am and said please check this out before 11 am when I have to get out of the hotel, and let me know what the situation is because we're planning to come home today (Wednesday).  He's working on another job right in our neighborhood, a 3 hour window was not too much to ask.

I check out, drop the cats off (outside, since it's still fume-heavy inside) and all my hotel stuff, and go back to work thinking everything will be okay if they only have to touch up a few small spots.  The house isn't even all that fume-y since I let the fans go all night.

Strike 2: Mid-afternoon (just a few hours ago), I get texts saying Contractor finally met with the guys and NOW they'll do the front door area  :o >:( and patch work and oh by the way that means another 2 days of toxic finish which was started today without my approval, "sorry for the inconvenience."  They didn't even do 2 of the 3 things we asked them to do, and I swear we could not have been more clear (I think DH gave a 10 minute lecture on what needed to be fixed at the front door!).

So now I have to go into the once again Toxic House to pack another bag for 2+ nights, round up the cats and their gear, and head back to one of the only hotels that will take pets w/o a massive cleaning fee, which is not super close.  And what really gets me is that if Contractor had checked in the morning like I explicitly asked, I could have just stayed at the hotel instead of expose my pregnant self to even more poison fumes having to repack!  At least this hotel stay won't cost me any extra, we're going to subtract it from what we still owe (a fact I mentioned during my controlled-fury voicemail to him).

There won't be a strike 3.  Doing a poor job is one thing, but one that actually jeopardizes my and my pets' health?  Just no.  We were going to hire him to redo our countertops but now?  No way.

RegionMom

• ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #4526 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
wow, that makes me glad I chose laminate flooring!  One and a half days for two large rooms, one with odd cut-outs, including carpet removal and moving furniture around, and done!

But, the new smooth floors will be nice for a new baby and all their explorations and messes!

did you at least get a good price?

And, you and baby should be fine.  We were flooded out at 8 mos pregnant and the landlord tried to move us back in too soon, still had those big blue floor fans going!  Child is now 17 and absolutely fine. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:42:09 PM by RegionMom »
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4527 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »
I hope you're asking contractor to pay for the hotel time!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

GrammarNerd

« Reply #4528 on: August 29, 2013, 12:28:24 AM »
Was on a quick trip with the kids several years ago.  Stopped at a Burger King for a quick bite.  Oldest DS complained that his milk tasted funny.  I thought he was being dramatic so I told him to cut it out.  THEN my eye happened to catch sight of the expiration date, which was EIGHT DAYS before that date!  I took it up to the counter and they had to search high and low (going into a back refrigerator) for 'good' milk. 

The guy just handed me the new milk with a casual 'sorry about that', like he was kind of annoyed or something that I had brought it to his attention and that he had to go hunt for good milk.  So I took it back to the table, and my youngest complained about his apples tasting funny.  Just on a lark b/c of what had happened with the milk (and not thinking that this could possibly happen again), I checked the expiration date.  Well, yup, it did happen again.  The apples had expired 9 days before!  Made another trip to the counter and the guy gave me new apples and the casual 'sorry about that' and tried to send me on my way. 

I stayed there and said how in one order, I'd gotten TWO expired items, and they weren't expired by just a day or two either!  It was more than a week in both cases!  He acted very....unconcerned.  Not the kind of customer service I'd expect when my kids are given bad food.   (One time we got a chicken tender that was part of an appetizer platter at a perkins.  It wasn't cooked fully.  We asked to have it fully cooked, which they did, and the manager came out to talk to us, and they comped the whole platter.)  I finally got a handwritten phone number of the restaurant out of him, and that was only b/c I asked him what I do if my kids get sick from the bad food that they'd already consumed.  (Having had food poisoning twice, this was a concern for me.)  He just looked at me with an 'oh, brother' type of look and wrote down the number.

Frankly, I expected a lot more in terms of customer service and concern for their customers' well-being than they showed.  Yes, I did expect something to be comped or refunded, or for them to give a free dessert to the kids.  Something. SOMETHING other than them just basically blowing me off.  A show of goodwill, if you will.  They showed no concern for their mistakes, and that's what bothers me about the whole thing.  The attitude I got was like 'so the milk is expired.  Big deal.  I found you a different one, okaaaaay? (sarcasm)'

When I got home, I called their corporate complaint line.  They listened to the whole thing and said they'd investigate and get back to me.  After that, I got a very nice email from corporate saying that the store was owned by XYZ group and here's their number.  Have a good day and thanks for calling!

Um....no.

I've already explained this twice.  That store made a BIG mistake, not once, but twice.  They blew me off in the store.  Then corporate blows me off?  No.  I don't care if the store is owned by corporate or not.  They're branded with the corporate brand.  If the individual store isn't holding up their responsibility to customers, then corporate should do something to ensure that the customer is happy and that the very real complaint is handled in an acceptable fashion.  I'm not going to put in any more of MY time to make sure that they see the complaint.  If they don't care to escalate it, why should I?

I haven't been back to a Burger King in 4 years.

They've (the chain) lost lots of potential revenue from my family, not to mention the other people that I've told who said they're not patronizing their stores either.  I'm certain the my kids tell their friends, b/c boy, they remember.  They now associate BK with bad food b/c of this.  Will we close down a store?  Probably not.  But I'm glad we're not adding to their bottom line in any small way.

(I did post this on this site at the time, and people pretty much thought I was being unreasonable and that they (store and corporate) handled it fine and had no obligation to do any more than they did.  But obviously, it still burns me up.)

dawnfire

« Reply #4529 on: August 29, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »
I hope you're asking contractor to pay for the hotel time!

that my thought too!
Whittlesea Victoria