Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1166342 times)

mmswm

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4575 on: August 31, 2013, 07:33:21 PM »
I had a McDonald's tell me that I had to buy bottled water and couldn't get a cup of tap water because their water didn't work.  Ummm, yeah, nevermind the rest of my order.  I'll just go somewhere else.

That would be something else to call the health department about.

Oh, they had running water, they were just trying to up their sales figures by forcing customers to buy the bottled stuff. I did call corporate, and the franchise owner did call me back.  He offered all sorts of stuff to resolve the issue and get me to give them a second chance.  There's more to the story, but the whole thing is epic in length, and I'm way too tired right now to type it all out.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Shalamar

« Reply #4576 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
I have IBS, and any store or restaurant that refuses to let me use their bathroom, even if I've bought something, will lose my business forever.

alkira6

« Reply #4577 on: August 31, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
Edelweiss soap company. My husband bought a lot of 12 bars of soap from them via tophatter.com. A friend sent me some of their soap a while back, so we know that I can use it. He told me to be on the lookout and I waited. And waited. And waited. Emails got no response at all.  No one responded at all until I filed a dispute through tophatter and they told me to dispute via paypal to get our money back.  No response then, but she did throw a badly packaged envelope in the mail 2 days after I filed with them.  Problem - she mailed 5 bars instead of the 12 auctioned off and paid for.  Still no response from our e-mails until paypal demanded that she refund the difference. No apology, nothing.

My feedback: This seller was paid on July 5, created a shipping label on July 14, @ then did not mail my package. My email was ignored and only when I finally disputed with PayPal was my package shipped - on August 14. The package only contained 5 of the 12 bars of soap I paid for.
No apology, nothing, just a badly packaged pack of soap. Overall, the responsiveness or lack thereof and the shoddy way this business is run keeps me from giving good feedback.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4578 on: August 31, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Motherscrabblers may be my new favorite phrase.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4579 on: September 01, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
Oh I would LOOOOOVE to fill out a survey after that!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

o_gal

« Reply #4580 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »
Oh I would LOOOOOVE to fill out a survey after that!

I'm currently waiting for Craftsmen Home Improvement to call me back to see if I want to have a sign put in my front  yard advertising that they did some home improvements. Having the sign in the front yard between certain dates will enter us into a drawing for cash prizes or a cruise. I told them I had to talk to DH before I could commit, but they haven't called me back yet. DH didn't want to, until I pointed out that they really, really don't want to put a sign in our yard, because I'll tell our tale to anyone who asks  >:D

We had them replace a shower stall - we stripped the old one down the studs and prepped it for them to do the install.

1. They showed up with green board instead of the purple board that was called for in the contract. We made them find an equivalent to purple board (both mold and mildew resistant) which was the first delay.

2. They then installed the replacement (DENS? board) backward. DH made them take it back out and install the clearly labelled boards correctly.

3. Then they couldn't install the vinyl shower panels because we're not putting the panels up over an existing tub/shower wall, so there isn't a "frame" into which they can slide the edges. We just have flat drywall, and the installer doesn't know how to install it to hide the unfinished edge. So there's a week+ delay to figure out that DH will create a rabbit and slot in the drywall into which the edge can be positioned. All this after we had specifically asked our salesman how they panels would be finished on the edge, and he said they would just wrap around.

4. Then the installer said that with the way our shower was and how they were now installing the panels, we couldn't do the simple corner shelves - we had to get big ugly corner ones that ran the entire height of the shower. Because he couldn't guarantee that things would line up properly in the corners. Then they wanted us to pay the extra money for those shelf units - they lost that argument.

5. Then the subcontractor they used for the shower door (A-Service Glass) botched the install by rushing through it, then they wouldn't fix it - they just took the unit out and refunded our money. But they also left all the caulk behind, which we had to scrape off before we installed a door that we bought at Home Depot.

So Craftsmen, you really want me to put that sign in my yard and tell potential customers all about our experience? Yeah, I'd be happy to do that!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4581 on: September 03, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
I have IBS, and any store or restaurant that refuses to let me use their bathroom, even if I've bought something, will lose my business forever.

When I worked retail, our bathroom was in the employee break room. The manager's own brother wasn't allowed to use our bathroom because corporate had security cameras in the break room, and if they reviewed the tapes and saw a non staff member back there they would write up the staff members who let the person use the bathroom. The district manager regularly threatened us with write-ups if we allowed anyone back there, because we kept the $$$ game systems and the safe with the bank deposit money in the break room.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4582 on: September 03, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »

Why does your chronic disease trump corporate or store policies? 

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4583 on: September 03, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »

I don't think she is saying that it does.  She is saying that if they have this policy, they will lose her business.  That's the risk a company takes when they enact such a policy.

snowdragon

« Reply #4584 on: September 03, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »

I used to frequent a needlework store that had no bathroom in store - the bathroom was in the upstairs apartment that was the owner's home. Understandably, there was no access for customers, no matter how much they spent.
 My point is not every store that denies access is being nasty...sometimes they don't have one to offer. Restaurants here HAVE to have a bathroom, tho.

Shalamar

« Reply #4585 on: September 03, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
I should've been more clear - I've had store owners tell me that their bathrooms are for customers only, and even after I'd said "Okay, I'll buy something ", they still refused to let me use them.  I didn't look homeless or like a junkie, as far as I know, so their refusal was a mystery to me.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4586 on: September 03, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »
I should've been more clear - I've had store owners tell me that their bathrooms are for customers only, and even after I'd said "Okay, I'll buy something ", they still refused to let me use them.  I didn't look homeless or like a junkie, as far as I know, so their refusal was a mystery to me.

Gotcha :) 

Hillia

« Reply #4587 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »
I don't think it's necessarily 'rude' for a business not to offer a public restroom, customers or no - it's a business decision which the business owner is free to make.  The customer is free to make the business decision that they will not patronize that business because of that decision - again, not rude in itself, just a business decision.

There are many small businesses in the area where I have moved that do not offer credit or debit card processing.  That's their right, and it's not an attack on me.  Likewise, my decision not to shop at those stores is my right, and not an attack on them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4588 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »

I don't think she is saying that it does.  She is saying that if they have this policy, they will lose her business.  That's the risk a company takes when they enact such a policy.

It doesn't trump their policies - it indicates a mindset that she is not comfortable with - rather literally, not comfortable with.  So she will shop somewhere that has the needs and comfort of the customers in mind.....and allows the public to use their bathrooms.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #4589 on: September 03, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
When I worked at a library, we had renovations being done on our bathrooms.  We had port-a-pottys for our customers.  Which they set on fire.  After which they had to use the bathroom at the fast food restaurant down the street.  They were pretty pissed and wanted to use the employee bathrooms, but... no.  You set yours on fire, you think we're letting you in ours?  The renovations were needed partly because of library customers' disgusting habits, too.