Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1105615 times)

Jocelyn

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5340 on: January 20, 2014, 10:37:24 PM »
When it comes to bad haircuts, just sit down in the waiting area and refuse to pay. It is amazing how quickly they can figure out that they CAN do something about the situation. Even if the manager isn't working today.  >:D

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5341 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:23 PM »
I have attained the title of "that customer" when I get my hair cut.  Apparently, I have the kind of face and bone structure that makes people want to chop my hair off.  However, because of my hair texture, it's MORE work for me with a short cut than with longer hair.

I wear extensions and I used to get my hair cut at a different place.  They sold the salon to a new owner who butchered my hair exactly once.  After that I now get my hair trimmed and done at the salon that does my extensions.  It costs an arm and a leg, but at least I still have hair

z_squared82

« Reply #5342 on: January 21, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »
When I was in high school, my mother still paid to have my hair cut. She was tired of paying for the expensive salon, so she sent me somewhere like Super Cuts or something – it was cheap, it might have been a chain.

I have naturally curly hair. I need it cut in layers to allow it to curl best. I asked the stylist to do exactly what I already had, just an inch or two shorter.

I don’t know what she thought she saw when she looked at my hair before shampooing, but I came out with basically nothing trimmed off the back and extra layers in the front. I looked like a cocker spaniel; the only part that curled right was around my face. And she couldn’t be bothered to DRY my hair. I walked out with a mostly wet head.

Mom learned. I went back to the less cheap place.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #5343 on: January 21, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
I'm going to bring my stylist a cupcake the next time I see her. Just because of her I don't have to deal with bad haircuts!

When I was younger my mom would just take me a Great Clips, because I didn't care much about my hair. Everytime they'd lecture me on using shampoo. Apparently the shampoo I was using was wrong and I really needed to buy their shampoo. I was like 12. I used the shampoo my mother bought. Usually they'd give up quick but one lady just kept on and on and on and on about it. For the entire hair cut. Finally I just broke down in tears because she kept saying I had bad hair, and I'd always have bad hair and it was because of my shampoo and I shouldn't even bother. I was maybe...14 at the time. She told she was done because she didn't cut "baby's hair", I walked out with a wet head, my mom stayed back and fought. True, it was nothing to cry over, but I was just a kid. And really I think anyone would start crying if you were forced to pay someone to tell you you had bad hair.

After that I didn't want to get my hair cut for the longest time so my mom decided to shell out the extra money and take me to a salon she'd gone too. I sat down and the stylist looked over my hair and asked me what kind of shampoo I used, I told her (ready for lecture) and she says "Hm, you know you have a lot of hair, but it's fine hair, so I think that shampoo is weighing it down, try to avoid anything that says it provides extra hydration or straightens hair, even though you have curly hair it just can't take it", she's been my stylist ever since. If I wanted a cut that just wouldn't work on me she'd tell me why it wouldn't work and suggest something better.

She's got her own shop now and I take everyone there. Imagine if Ms. You're wrong, your hair is wrong, everything about you is wrong, would've just explained things to me.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5344 on: January 21, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
Actually, I think that was Ms. On Commission.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5345 on: January 21, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »

Bingo!  *ding! ding! ding!*

"We don't make enough money for just cutting your hair, so we have an opportunity to earn a lot more money if we can persuade you to buy our salon's hideously overpriced products!"

Iris

« Reply #5346 on: January 21, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
^ I had a similar experience with a beautician once. They really are their own worst enemy because it was my first, super treaty, birthday present visit and none of the considerable amount of money I've spent since then has gone to her or her salon.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Chip2

« Reply #5347 on: January 22, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
Okay, an update to my BWW saga:

I ended up stranded in NY for a couple of days at the beginning of the month and there was one next door to my hotel. Well, I gave it a shot. The wings and service were good on the first try, so I went back the next day. Good food and service again. Okay, then....

So I'm back home and out with MsChip and have a hankering for wings, so we swing by our local franchise in hopes that it's improved in the years since I've been there. Service was decent, but the food didn't even compare to the one back east. Oh, well. Guess I'm stuck making my own wings.   ::)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5348 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:54 PM »

Bingo!  *ding! ding! ding!*

"We don't make enough money for just cutting your hair, so we have an opportunity to earn a lot more money if we can persuade you to buy our salon's hideously overpriced products!"

I ran into big problems when Biolage products first became all the rage.  I have never figured out what the problem is or what I'm actually allergic to in them, but it is BAD, BAD, BAD.  I was forever fighting off hair dressers trying to sell and use the products on me to demonstrate how great they were.  I cannot count the times I had some stupid hair dresser insist on washing my perfectly clean hair before cutting it and using Biolage products even after I explicitly stated I was severely ALLERGIC to them.  I had a few still try to sell them to me even after seeing the results.  Sweet monkey fritters!!?!  FTR, I always complained to the management when this would happen, refuse to let them touch me further, left and never went back.

Hives on your scalp, neck, and forehead are unpleasant (not the most unpleasant place I've had hives, but hives suck no matter where they are).  Even worse, a few weeks later my scalp would peel in big gross chunks.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

mumma to KMC

« Reply #5349 on: February 06, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
Last night at a popular, somewhat upscale, Southern grocery store chain, I had all of my items unloaded on the belt (there were only about 12-14 things) then was told that the cashier's drawer needed to be counted so she couldn't check me out.

I looked at her, I looked at her light that was on, looked at my food on the belt, and was really tempted to just leave it and walk out (but thought for sure that would not be ehell approved) and just started putting my things back in the cart. I went down to the 10 items or less lane and checked out.

I'm waiting for a call from the store manager right now. I couldn't think of how to deal with the situation in the store last night, plus I had three little kids with me, and I was just trying to get out of the store without a meltdown from one of them :).

ETA: I will still shop at their stores, but my decision to continue to shop at that location will depend on what the manager has to say.

SCMagnolia

« Reply #5350 on: February 06, 2014, 10:50:33 AM »
I looked at her, I looked at her light that was on, looked at my food on the belt, and was really tempted to just leave it and walk out (but thought for sure that would not be ehell approved)

At that point, I would have left everything on the belt and walked out, approved or not! 

The grocery store I shop at is a bit hit-or-miss with service.  I was there Monday night.  We were expecting snow and bad weather on Tuesday night, so the place was a bit of a madhouse with everyone buying all their bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper.  4 checkouts are open, including the express lane, which nobody was using.  One lane has the checker I call the "Coupon Queen" because she has serious issues with ringing up coupons (she once rang up about $12 dollars worth of coupons on my order in a way that added $12 to the total and couldn't figure out that wasn't right.  Nothing like holding math class in the grocery store checkout line!)  All the open checkouts are lined up about 10 people deep.  While my checker was ringing my order, she shut her light out signalling she was closed and told the lady two behind me that she was closed after me.  She's lucky there wasn't a riot, because there were still 3 people behind that lady who had all been in line for quite awhile.  The Coupon Queen just shut her light out, pulled her drawer and walked into the office while people were still in line. 

This wasn't a one-time thing, either.  The checkout lines are ridiculous at this store, especially when they have in-store sale days (their in-store sales are usually really, really good.) They've had some really good deals in their deli, but will only staff the deli with 2-3 people so that there are a good 20 people waiting in line for lunch meat.  If it wasn't for the fact that the in-store sales are so good, they have an awesome meat department, and the store is on my way home and the most convenient store to where I live, I'd go elsewhere.  But one of these days, I'm going to flip out on a manager because they really don't know how to staff a store.

mumma to KMC

« Reply #5351 on: February 06, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
I looked at her, I looked at her light that was on, looked at my food on the belt, and was really tempted to just leave it and walk out (but thought for sure that would not be ehell approved)

At that point, I would have left everything on the belt and walked out, approved or not! 

The grocery store I shop at is a bit hit-or-miss with service.  I was there Monday night.  We were expecting snow and bad weather on Tuesday night, so the place was a bit of a madhouse with everyone buying all their bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper.  4 checkouts are open, including the express lane, which nobody was using.  One lane has the checker I call the "Coupon Queen" because she has serious issues with ringing up coupons (she once rang up about $12 dollars worth of coupons on my order in a way that added $12 to the total and couldn't figure out that wasn't right.  Nothing like holding math class in the grocery store checkout line!)  All the open checkouts are lined up about 10 people deep.  While my checker was ringing my order, she shut her light out signalling she was closed and told the lady two behind me that she was closed after me.  She's lucky there wasn't a riot, because there were still 3 people behind that lady who had all been in line for quite awhile.  The Coupon Queen just shut her light out, pulled her drawer and walked into the office while people were still in line. 

This wasn't a one-time thing, either.  The checkout lines are ridiculous at this store, especially when they have in-store sale days (their in-store sales are usually really, really good.) They've had some really good deals in their deli, but will only staff the deli with 2-3 people so that there are a good 20 people waiting in line for lunch meat.  If it wasn't for the fact that the in-store sales are so good, they have an awesome meat department, and the store is on my way home and the most convenient store to where I live, I'd go elsewhere.  But one of these days, I'm going to flip out on a manager because they really don't know how to staff a store.

Maybe a nice letter to the manager saying that you love the store, the sales, the location, but you wish it were staffed just a bit better?

As far as my story goes, I've complimented the chain a lot via notes to the store and social media. I even commented about it here, but really, yesterday the ball was dropped. I was disappointed. 

Jocelyn

« Reply #5352 on: February 06, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »
The online pharmacy I'm forced to use by my employer's health insurance (which is inferior, too)
I called today to check on the status of orders that were faxed in on Monday. (I do this because I know that orders aren't always processed promptly). I asked and was told they were 'in process'. I asked, 'When will they be shipped?' and got the same answer. I asked again, got the same answer. I asked again- and the woman explained that they had to put labels on the bottles and put them in a box.
Yes, that's exactly what she said, as if she thought I was thinking they would be sending the pills loose in an envelop.

SCMagnolia

« Reply #5353 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »
I have a lousy prescription service, too.  It's online/mail order and while it is cheaper to use it than to go to a brick-and-mortar store, their customer service SUCKS.

I've asked them repeatedly to not ship my prescriptions signature required.  They still do.  So my prescription ends up sitting at the post office (which I've also ranted about here in the past) until I can get there to pick them up -- usually a weekend if I am not away.  I leave for work before the post office opens, I leave work after they close, and the post office has some pretty skimpy hours on Saturdays, so it makes it rather inconvenient.

Any time I submit a prescription, I have to call and ask about it before they think of filling it.  They do offer "automatic refill", but of course, none of my prescriptions are eligible.   

When we first switched health insurance plans at work and went with this new mail order place, it took me no less than 3 attempts per prescription (4 prescriptions) to get them filled.  I was told they never received them.  Then I was told that they needed a letter from the doctor to approve the prescriptions.  Of course, they never received the letter so the doctor had to send another letter.  And then I was sent generics even though the prescriptions were very clearly marked "Brand Necessary."  Trying to get through to these folks was like talking to a wall.  And never mind trying to talk to a supervisor to get any help -- they're just as clueless and helpless as whoever you started off talking to.

I guess they know that medications are expensive and that the insurance companies have us over a barrel, so they don't really need to be all that great with customer service.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #5354 on: February 06, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
I have a lousy prescription service, too.  It's online/mail order and while it is cheaper to use it than to go to a brick-and-mortar store, their customer service SUCKS.

I've asked them repeatedly to not ship my prescriptions signature required.  They still do.  So my prescription ends up sitting at the post office (which I've also ranted about here in the past) until I can get there to pick them up -- usually a weekend if I am not away.  I leave for work before the post office opens, I leave work after they close, and the post office has some pretty skimpy hours on Saturdays, so it makes it rather inconvenient.

Any time I submit a prescription, I have to call and ask about it before they think of filling it.  They do offer "automatic refill", but of course, none of my prescriptions are eligible.   

When we first switched health insurance plans at work and went with this new mail order place, it took me no less than 3 attempts per prescription (4 prescriptions) to get them filled.  I was told they never received them.  Then I was told that they needed a letter from the doctor to approve the prescriptions.  Of course, they never received the letter so the doctor had to send another letter.  And then I was sent generics even though the prescriptions were very clearly marked "Brand Necessary."  Trying to get through to these folks was like talking to a wall.  And never mind trying to talk to a supervisor to get any help -- they're just as clueless and helpless as whoever you started off talking to.

I guess they know that medications are expensive and that the insurance companies have us over a barrel, so they don't really need to be all that great with customer service.

Is it a controlled substance? This may be required. I used to get some ADHD meds for my son from a mail-in pharmacy and I always had to go sign for them. (making an assumption you are in the US).