Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1213038 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5355 on: February 06, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »
I don't want to CnP your story from here because I have a few nosy friends/family who might trace it back to ehell and keep track of me, however, I would dearly love to do whatever I can to help you get a full refund. Please let us know when you get some media exposure. I will gladly share that on my Facebook page!

I second that!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5356 on: February 06, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »
I'm really getting frustrated with my brick and mortar pharmacy.  I switched over to it because my husband works for the chain of stores the pharmacies are located in, and we get a 5% off coupon after 5 refills.  However.  They set me up initially on auto-refill, explaining it would be so convenient for them to just call me, instead of me having to call in or come in and wait.  Because I can't always get to the pharmacy on the day they call me, or they call right before closing so I can't come in, I usually pick up the prescription a day or two after they fill it.  For some reason, their system is set to auto refill based on the date I pick the prescription up, not the date they refill it.  So, because I can't always get there the same day, the day they refill it has been slowly moving forward, to the point where I almost run out before they'll refill it.  I went in and talked to one of the pharmacists, and asked how this could be fixed and would they remove me from the auto-refill so it doesn't happen again.  He refused to take me off the auto refill, and detailed a very long, complex way that I would have to try and "reset myself" in the system so it would go back to refilling on the correct day.  And then I guess I'm just supposed to drop everything and run when they call. 

If my doctor agrees, I'll be going off that prescription in the next month or so, and then I can happily leave that pharmacy far far behind!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5357 on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
I love RCI, we went away from them for our honeymoon.

Elfmama, you a member of cruise critic forums? Post it there in the RCI board.
Thanks, I've just joined and posted. :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5358 on: February 06, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
I don't want to CnP your story from here because I have a few nosy friends/family who might trace it back to ehell and keep track of me, however, I would dearly love to do whatever I can to help you get a full refund. Please let us know when you get some media exposure. I will gladly share that on my Facebook page!

I second that!
Here's the Cruise Critic post that I made, if that one is easier to share:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41592225#post41592225

I don't have a Twitter account, but if people want to do so on my behalf, I wouldn't object.  Tweet, blog, Facebook, send up smoke signals, stamp it out in the snow -- it's all good.  :)
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #5359 on: February 06, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »
Be prepared. People critical of cruise lines on cruise critic don't always get the kindest reception. 
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5360 on: February 06, 2014, 11:09:44 PM »
Be prepared. People critical of cruise lines on cruise critic don't always get the kindest reception.

Do these people not know what words mean?

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5361 on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »
I'm really getting frustrated with my brick and mortar pharmacy.  I switched over to it because my husband works for the chain of stores the pharmacies are located in, and we get a 5% off coupon after 5 refills.  However.  They set me up initially on auto-refill, explaining it would be so convenient for them to just call me, instead of me having to call in or come in and wait.  Because I can't always get to the pharmacy on the day they call me, or they call right before closing so I can't come in, I usually pick up the prescription a day or two after they fill it.  For some reason, their system is set to auto refill based on the date I pick the prescription up, not the date they refill it.  So, because I can't always get there the same day, the day they refill it has been slowly moving forward, to the point where I almost run out before they'll refill it.  I went in and talked to one of the pharmacists, and asked how this could be fixed and would they remove me from the auto-refill so it doesn't happen again.  He refused to take me off the auto refill, and detailed a very long, complex way that I would have to try and "reset myself" in the system so it would go back to refilling on the correct day.  And then I guess I'm just supposed to drop everything and run when they call. 

If my doctor agrees, I'll be going off that prescription in the next month or so, and then I can happily leave that pharmacy far far behind!

I ended up on auto refills for my birth control prescription, I think because the pharmacy just decided I should be on auto refill. I mostly don't mind it, because if I don't make it in before they put the prescription back, I can just ask them to refill it while I wait (which is generally only about 20 minutes).

But what I find kind of baffling and also sort of hilarious is that because of a couple of miscommunications with my doctor's office that I never bothered to correct (because they really weren't important), and because of the way that Safeway does its auto refill program, I have like a 6 month supply of birth control pills in my possession at any given time. I've ended up with a prescription for birth control that only has 3 weeks of pills (with the idea that you will take a week off between packages) and is for a 3 month supply. Both of those are holdovers or accidental things that my doctor did even though I don't necessarily want them, but which don't matter enough for me to bother fixing.

Apparently, though, the Safeway pharmacy does not refill your prescription based on how long between packages/refills you're supposed to need. I guess they do it based on number of pills. So 3 packages of my birth control takes me 12 weeks to get through, but it only contains 9 weeks of pills. So I get it renewed every 9 weeks. And I think the last time I went there, they gave me 4 packages so that I'd have a 12 week supply (not realizing, I suppose, that they were really giving me a 16 week supply).

So without any real intent, I've ended up with this pretty massive stockpile, all things considered. And I never get more than halfway through it before Safeway calls me again with another refill. It's so ironic that my mom and I had to carefully plot and plan to order enough refills of my birth control quickly enough for me to have just exactly enough to study abroad for 3 1/2 months without needing them to ship me refills while I was there, but now that I have no plans to leave the country for extended lengths of time, I could be gone for 6 or 7 months without running out.

MommySloth

« Reply #5362 on: February 06, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
There is a locally owned tailor in our town and my sister took her wedding dress there to be hemmed. She had to watch the employee like a hawk and keep asking for it to be longer because she kept trying to pin it FAR too short (which is hard to do, considering the fact that my sister is only 4'10"). When she picked up the dress, it was a full few inches too short and the employees and owners all insisted that it was hemmed where it had been pinned - impossible, since my sister had to keep tabs on the pinning process the entire time. Sister's MIL ended up having to add a "ruffle" from the leftover material (difficult material to work with, of course) at the bottom, which looked great but took up a lot of extra time and added a LOT of stress during the last stages of planning an extremely DIY wedding. Luckily, I got married after her and knew better than to take my dress - which needed MUCH more complicated sewing than a simple hemming - to that shop.

Asharah

« Reply #5363 on: February 07, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
CVS keeps asking if I want auto-refill on my prescriptions. I always refuse. Why? Because I'm a control freak and I don't want anyone else deciding when I need to refill my prescription.
Asharah

StarFaerie

« Reply #5364 on: February 07, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.

Thanks for this. I have been looking into cruises and Rhapsody of the Seas was on the shortlist. Not anymore.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #5365 on: February 07, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »

Thanks for this. I have been looking into cruises and Rhapsody of the Seas was on the shortlist. Not anymore.
Don't sell them short! I know Elfmama had a bad experience, but DH and I had a wonderful time.

I found you post Elfmama. Cruise critic people can be a bit uptight. I remember a long thread for many pages about bathrobes.

secretrebel

« Reply #5366 on: February 07, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »

I second that!
Here's the Cruise Critic post that I made, if that one is easier to share:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41592225#post41592225

I don't have a Twitter account, but if people want to do so on my behalf, I wouldn't object.  Tweet, blog, Facebook, send up smoke signals, stamp it out in the snow -- it's all good.  :)

I was going to help share this so went to the board and I'm afraid people have been really unfriendly. The board seems to have a very hostile attitude to new posters and to people who only make one post.

Sorry about that, I am a migraine sufferer as well so I understand your issue.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #5367 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »
I enjoy reading Cruise Critic, but unfortunately there are a couple categories of people I dread:  the cruise line cheerleaders who refuse to believe that anything could possibly be wrong with their favourite line, and those who believe that a person whose first post is a complaint must be a troll.

MissRose

« Reply #5368 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
Elfmama, I hope the local media and the cruise line do right for you & your DH.  I am a fellow migraine sufferer for 10+ years plus who gets them mainly just before Aunt Flo is due to arrive and/or has finished up,  also they can happen if I am under extreme stress.

Belated anniversary wishes to you and your husband : )

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #5369 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »

Dear Ms. [Agent]:

Thank you for your e-mail. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner. We appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to further address any concerns.

The well-being of our guests is our highest priority. However, there may be times when things do not go the way we had intended. We understand your disappointment regarding the medical evacuation of your client. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate the request for compensation. I apologize for any disappointment with our final decision.

Ms. [Agent], thank you for the time you have taken to write to us. We truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome your clients back again and demonstrate our commitment to service on a future sailing.

Sincerely,

Najwa Pagon
Corporate Guest Relations Advocate

Seriously? A flat no? They're not even bothering giving you ANY reasons at all?

That's completely ridiculous. And considering Royal Caribbean's recent run in the press, you'd think they'd be doing what they could to maximize GOOD press, not just randomly shafting customers.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts