Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1131209 times)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5460 on: February 28, 2014, 02:02:58 PM »
DS got a "real" watch instead of a purity ring a few years ago.

Needed a new battery, and got the same verbage from the jewelry store.
Yes, it would be free if I just kept checking when the shipment of the right size batteries comes in, but no, htey have no way to check the order themselves.

Or, I could pay $100.00 (yes, one hundred) and they would ship it off for me to replace the watch battery.

Ulp??!?

Two weeks later, still no battery.

DH said he will go to an electronic store and just buy a battery and install it himself. 

So much for me possibly looking at  chain for a pendant we bought on vacation for DD's graduation next year!
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

kansha

« Reply #5461 on: February 28, 2014, 02:05:37 PM »
what is a 'purity ring'?

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5462 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
what is a 'purity ring'?

Oh good I was wondering that too.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #5463 on: February 28, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »
what is a 'purity ring'?

Oh good I was wondering that too.

It's a ring worn to show you've made a vow to save yourself for marriage, so no pre-marital Scrabble playing.

Lots of girls in my high school wore them, and shoved in the faces of those of us less pure. But those were mean girls. I also have been around nice girls who wear them too and didn't care I didn't wear one. I never met a guy in high school who wore one. Post-high school I stopped paying attention.

Hillia

« Reply #5464 on: February 28, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
When I still wore a watch there used to be kiosks at the mall that would replace watch batteries for $10 or so.  Some department store jewelry counters did it also.  Of course my watches were always mid range Timexes, so nothing very expensive or unique.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #5465 on: February 28, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »
That's part of why DS did not want the typical ring that you wear, perhaps with a religious symbol, that you wear on your wedding band finger- he wanted something for himself, not others, to see.

(He wanted something he knew he would wear, would use and enjoy, not draw attention or have comments, and he chose a price range that was doable.  Prolly cheaper than a cheap knockoff of a brand name, but nice for us.) 

For DD, she picked out a ring while we were travelling, so it is a souvenir of sorts, and just looks pretty.  She wears it on either hand, along with some other rings sometimes, so you cannot tell hers is anything other than, "ooh, pretty ring!"

No need to tell others.  I DO know of some girls that like to show off their oh so expensive whatevers, how wonderful am I!  As they treat others badly.  And that is just wrong on a few levels! 

Ok, back on topic...

The jewelry store rather sized me up, with windblown hair and comfy instead of stylish shoes, in an over 10 year old mommy van, and realized no big sales would be occuring.  However-- IF they had been a bit nicer and attentive, I am in need of a nice chain to match for DD's necklace pendant.  Oh well...

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #5466 on: February 28, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
regarding the 'sizing up' of someone done in a jewellery store - oh good gracious have I been a victim of *that* time after time.

I went into a particular jeweller in the mall of my hometown on a weekend, I got the standard greeting them summarily ignored until I specifically grabbed someone to ask about a product.

But then, later that week, I went in on a weekday, after I'd been at work.

I work at a high end ladies' fashion store and we wear the products (mostly because we get a very steep discount and freebies if our store makes budget for the month) and are also required to wear makeup to work.

So when I walked into the same jewellery store not two days after being ignored, the same woman who had barely glanced at me on the Saturday was suddenly on me like a rash, and was more than happy to fetch her manager for me to speak with... until I told said manager, while the lady was loitering hoping to hear about how 'wonderful' she had been, about my experience on the weekend when I was in jeans and a t-shirt, and that thanks to that experience, and then being treated so much differently when I came in after my work hours, that I would be going elsewhere for the beads to fill up my charm bracelet (at about $50/each and I'm going to need about 15-20 beads to fill it) and that they'd lost me (and anyone else I told about the experience) as a potentially lucrative customer.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5467 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »
When I still wore a watch there used to be kiosks at the mall that would replace watch batteries for $10 or so.  Some department store jewelry counters did it also.  Of course my watches were always mid range Timexes, so nothing very expensive or unique.

We take ours to Radio Shack.  They seem to have a battery to fit almost anything.  I don't think we've ever paid over $12 for one and there have been times when we've paid much less.  And they change it for you too!!

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5468 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »
I officially give up on GameStop's website.

The past three or four times I've tried to order off there it's been an absolute nightmare. Other people's orders keep showing up in my order history, they keep canceling my preorders without even informing me, they charged me $50 for absolutely NOTHING a few months ago - thankfully that got reversed, but I have no idea what was going on because they will. not. respond to any attempts to contact their customer service. And today I discovered they've changed all their shipping options as well as canceling a very important preorder I've had in for almost a year now, so since that preorder was placed using the old shipping options, I can't redo it and trying has got me locked out of my account for trying to place too many orders. Never mind that I never even got past the shopping cart. Apparently trying to check out three times is entirely too much for their system to handle.

I give up. I'm still going to shop at the store in the mall, because that is the nicest and most helpful outlet I've ever come across, but I am not touching their website again. It's not worth it.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

andi

« Reply #5469 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »
Yeah - both Game Stop store I shop at are great, the guys who work there are alwYs friendly and helpful when I'm looking for stuff for Boo. The website = :head desk:

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #5470 on: March 01, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »
I get my watch battery changed at WalMart. It's cheap and fast.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #5471 on: March 01, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »
I get my watch battery changed at WalMart. It's cheap and fast.

The one time I did that, they couldn't put my watch back together, so I ending up having to go to a jewelry store anyway ...

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5472 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Walmart takes one look at my watch and says sorry we don't work on these ...

Hence the jewelry store requirement.

gingerzing

« Reply #5473 on: March 05, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Granted this is not an again, but based on my friend's recent experience with an online clothing store. 
She started posting on FB this Holy Clothing company's cool clothings.  They are almost more  Renaissance & Gypsy styles. Plus they had a really wide range of sizes up to I think 5X.  Cool stuff (most could be worn to my work) and decently priced.  I was just starting to show DH and see about ordering a couple things. 
Then my friend gets her order and posted what happened next.  She was excited that both the top and the pants fit nicely for her when she first tried them on.  The site and the packing information mentions to machine was in cold water (on delicate) and to air dry before wearing.  So she did went ahead to wash them before wearing them.  Both items shrunk about one full size. 
She emailed to ask about returning them and was told that their policy was not to accept returns that have been worn, tags removed, or washed.  But she agrued that the site and instructions clearly stated to wash them in cold water and hang dry before wearing.  But they couldn't accept them and she must have picked the incorrect size. 
She then got mad.  She wrote a letter with no swears but extreme unhappiness (English majors can be very verbois and get the point across)  to the company's email.  Got back the same response.  So she printed off every email to and from the company and them mailed them and another letter (snail mail) to the owner of the company. 

We await a response. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5474 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
I have many Holy Clothing dresses and I have only had an issue once. That was a light blue dress that bled while being washed on cold. They sent me another dress and I used color remover to make that one white.