Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1270515 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5490 on: March 09, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
That's it. I have no luck with online stores. :(

I had preordered a collector's edition game off the Square-Enix online store, and tonight, after a lot of thinking, I decided once and for all it wasn't really worth it for what was included and so went to cancel the preorder.

First thing: there is no way to log into your account from the store - you have to go through the main site, log in there, and hope it doesn't log you back out when you reload the store.
Second thing: after finally managing to log in, which took me a good fifteen minutes of constantly trying and retrying and resetting my password three times, my shopping cart was empty.
Third thing: there is no "order history" anywhere on the store. Just the shopping cart. Which stayed stubbornly empty.
Fourth thing: I finally find what appears to be my OWN shopping cart, which is completely different from the one linked to on the store page! Okay, fine, but how did I find it?
Fifth thing: I had to attempt to order something else to even find my shopping cart. I can only thank whatever deity was listening to my inner monologue of curse words at the time that I didn't actually have to PAY for the other thing I clicked "order" on just to see what in the world would happen.

Too bad. They would have gotten nearly $100 from me.

Square Enix has HORRIBLE websites. Incredibly horrible. Ridiculously horrible. Unbelievably horrible. I love their games so much but I cringe whenever I have to do something with them online. :'(

Agreed.  I tried to order a jewelry item from them a couple years ago.  After 4 hours I gave up.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5491 on: March 09, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
That's it. I have no luck with online stores. :(

I had preordered a collector's edition game off the Square-Enix online store, and tonight, after a lot of thinking, I decided once and for all it wasn't really worth it for what was included and so went to cancel the preorder.

First thing: there is no way to log into your account from the store - you have to go through the main site, log in there, and hope it doesn't log you back out when you reload the store.
Second thing: after finally managing to log in, which took me a good fifteen minutes of constantly trying and retrying and resetting my password three times, my shopping cart was empty.
Third thing: there is no "order history" anywhere on the store. Just the shopping cart. Which stayed stubbornly empty.
Fourth thing: I finally find what appears to be my OWN shopping cart, which is completely different from the one linked to on the store page! Okay, fine, but how did I find it?
Fifth thing: I had to attempt to order something else to even find my shopping cart. I can only thank whatever deity was listening to my inner monologue of curse words at the time that I didn't actually have to PAY for the other thing I clicked "order" on just to see what in the world would happen.

Too bad. They would have gotten nearly $100 from me.

Square Enix has HORRIBLE websites. Incredibly horrible. Ridiculously horrible. Unbelievably horrible. I love their games so much but I cringe whenever I have to do something with them online. :'(

Agreed.  I tried to order a jewelry item from them a couple years ago.  After 4 hours I gave up.

I had been warned that it wasn't exactly simple to order from them, but no one told me about any problems like this. Next time someone warns me about a store, I'll take "they're kind of not user friendly" as "DON'T ORDER FROM THEM" I think...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #5492 on: March 10, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »
I thought of a bunch while I was reading this thread, so I'll post another one today: Dyson. Never, ever again will I purchase a Dyson product.

In 2008, I was really excited to buy my first Dyson when my old vacuum stopped working. I thought it was going to be compact and easier to use (no bags) and it would really have great suction.

Yeah, not so much. The machine had terrible suction, was made entirely of plastic, and in my first week of using it with no abuse whatsoever, two items snapped clean off - one was the plastic tab that held the vacuum cord on the unit, and the other one was a front corner piece. We had an artificial Christmas tree at the time, and I spent 10 minutes trying to get the stupid thing to vacumm up the artificial pine needles it dropped.

I called Dyson support to try and get the snapped off plastic things fixed on it - the support people were downright hostile. They told me that if I wanted to get it fixed, I needed to drive 100 miles round trip to drop it off at an "authorized Dyson repair center". I told them I was not driving 100 miles and I hadn't even owned the thing a week. They refused to allow me to mail it in for repair, and argued with me about the distance from where I lived to the Dyson service center location. Told me if I didn't want to drive the distance, then I was stuck with a vacuum with snapped off plastic parts. When told about the lack of suction, told me I was "using it wrong" - how does one use a vacuum WRONG?  ???

Awful, cheaply made, EXPENSIVE, bad product with TERRIBLE customer service and reps who just didn't care. I'm going back to the arms of Panasonic (my old vacumm from them lasted me over 12 years - and actually sucked up Chrstimas tree needles on the first try). My husband still has the old Panasonic in the garage and uses it for cleaning the cars (still works with the hose attachments - it's the floor cleaning roller that crapped out on me to begin with).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:08:43 PM by MamaMootz »
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

alkira6

« Reply #5493 on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
If it's only been a week take it back to the place where you bought it from.  From what I've heard Dysons used to be wonderful and then over the past 5 years or so have fallen into the trap of trading in on their established reputation rather than continuing to produce a quality product.  I know 2 people with dysons that are over 10 years old that are wonderful.

cattlekid

« Reply #5494 on: March 10, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »
Count my mom in on another person who is totally anti-Dyson.  She bought one a couple of years ago and can't say enough bad things about it.  The only thing going for it is that it's lighter in weight than her ancient Kirby vacuum that they bought 35-ish years ago when I was a toddler.  Mom can't schelp that thing up and down between three levels of the house any more. 

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #5495 on: March 10, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »
The entries about Sears Optical reminded me about Lens Crafters.  I only get a certain allowance for contacts from my insurance, and the rest I have to pay out of pocket.  I did my research and found that Lens Crafters had the best price, so I went in to order them.  They told me that they need to verify my insurance and will call me back in a couple of days.  I said OK, and gave them the information.  I gave them a week and haven't heard from them, so I called them back.  They said they haven't had the time to check on the insurance.  I asked them when they will be doing it, and they said they will do so within the next day or so.  Again another week went by, and nothing.  I called them again, and they still haven't done it.  So I canceled my order and went somewhere else where I was able to get my contacts within 24 hours, even though it was more expensive.

I probably should not have given them even two weeks, but I got busy and forgot that I haven't heard from them.  Thankfully I still had some left in my old supply. 

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #5496 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
If it's only been a week take it back to the place where you bought it from.  From what I've heard Dysons used to be wonderful and then over the past 5 years or so have fallen into the trap of trading in on their established reputation rather than continuing to produce a quality product.  I know 2 people with dysons that are over 10 years old that are wonderful.

This was back in 2008 - the Lowe's I bought it from would not accept the return with the broken parts.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5497 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »
Glad to know about the Dysons - my hubby has been wanting one for some time now, but since they're expensive and I had heard they weren't *THAT* good, we haven't gotten one.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5498 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »
Glad to know about the Dysons - my hubby has been wanting one for some time now, but since they're expensive and I had heard they weren't *THAT* good, we haven't gotten one.
I love my dyson. I have had no problems with it and it is so easy to take apart and clean. I would recommend one.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #5499 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »

We did a lot of research a few years back when we had to replace our ancient vacuum.  Eventually I came to the conclusion that a *new* vacuum (of pretty much any quality) cleans very well, and that more expensive vacuums just tend to hold their value better.  I opted for a lower-end-of-the-line one instead - one of the cheapest ones that was still decently thick plastic and had the add-ons I needed.  I can replace it three or four times for the same price as one of the fancier ones.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5500 on: March 10, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
I have a 10-year-old Dyson that still works superbly. It cost about what my first car did, which tells you more about the car than the vacuum.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

BarensMom

« Reply #5501 on: March 10, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »
Now wait a cotton picking minute here - I don't know what vacuum you're talking about, but I have two DC-14 Animal's for about 9 years now (one each for up and down stairs), and never had a problem with them.  No broken parts, and no loss of suction, even with the masses of Baren fur that accumulate around this place.  Recently, DH purchased the DC-44 stick from an EBay vendor, and it arrived missing a par (the box was torn all to heck by weather)t.  Dyson not only sent us a part, but registered all our vacuums for us, even the 14's, and sent us several cleaning pads for our DC-56 gratis.  The representative was nothing but helpful and professional.

No, I don't work for Dyson.

nayberry

« Reply #5502 on: March 10, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
we've had 6 different vacuums over the last few years (don't ask!)  2 were dysons.  none of us got on with them, the best we ended up with was a cheaper supermarket special which has done wonders on the cat hair!

another place i'll not be going back to is a local hairdressers,  turned up for my appointment and the hairdresser was on holiday!!  noone had bothered to call her clients and reschedule! 

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5503 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »

I keep joking that I wish my 9yo Dyson would die* so I could get a shiny new one. Guess I'll stop tempting fate!

*because it's kinda banged up and dusty even though I regularly wash what can be washed, still works perfectly though

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5504 on: March 10, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »

I keep joking that I wish my 9yo Dyson would die so I could get a shiny new one. Guess I'll stop tempting fate!

We're pathologically attached to our Dyson. Its name is "Sarge" - "This is my vacuum cleaner. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

Sarge also sports a few duct tape repairs and some googly eyes.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.