News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 22, 2017, 08:13:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2458397 times)

Dindrane

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5520 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:56 AM »
When I was a nanny and started working for this one family, they put me on their car insurance. The first quote they got rated the most at-risk driver (me, under 25 at the time) with their most expensive car, the dad's little red Porsche, a car i would never drive. They didn't tell me the number, just that it was :o.

We ended up signing papers stating that I would never get in the driver's seat of the Porsche.

I think that's pretty common among insurance companies, especially if there are more drivers than there are cars. By the time I got my license at 16, my parents owned three cars (one for each of them, and one that they bought for my brother's, and then my, use). I vaguely remember them having to do something specific to declare that I was the primary driver of the car they had for my use, which was also the oldest and cheapest of the three. Otherwise, the insurance company would have put me on the most expensive car. It doesn't have anything to do with the logic of who drives what. It's really about the logic of getting the premiums as high as possible because that covers the insurance company's butt in case of a claim, and gets them the most profit.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #5521 on: March 21, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »
The PetCo near my office is no longer a place I will ever stop.

Two months ago I needed a bag of kibble for my dog.  She eats Blue Buffalo Freedom for Small Breeds.  Well, the store didn't have any on the shelves.  The well meaning stocker brought me to a couple of pallets that were just delivered.  He thought he saw the right color bags -- long story short, I returned to my office from lunch without a bag of kibble, but pretty dirty.  Stopped at PetsMart on the way home.

Yesterday, I'm low on kibble and at a store next to the Petco.  In I go.  I checked the flyer and the ten pound bags of Blue Buffalo Freedom are on sale!  Yippee!!  When I get to the location for the kibble, I learn that the sale is only good for BBF for Puppies and BBF for Large Breeds.  I walked out without kibble.   I would rather pay full price anywhere else. 

I realize this sale is a low threshold of intolerance, but really, why is it a sale if only two types are on sale?
Formerly Mrs.Bart

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #5522 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »

Two months ago I needed a bag of kibble for my dog.  She eats Blue Buffalo Freedom for Small Breeds.  Well, the store didn't have any on the shelves.  The well meaning stocker brought me to a couple of pallets that were just delivered.  He thought he saw the right color bags -- long story short, I returned to my office from lunch without a bag of kibble, but pretty dirty.  Stopped at PetsMart on the way home.

Yesterday, I'm low on kibble and at a store next to the Petco.  In I go.  I checked the flyer and the ten pound bags of Blue Buffalo Freedom are on sale!  Yippee!!  When I get to the location for the kibble, I learn that the sale is only good for BBF for Puppies and BBF for Large Breeds.  I walked out without kibble.   I would rather pay full price anywhere else. 

I realize this sale is a low threshold of intolerance, but really, why is it a sale if only two types are on sale?

Along those lines, I hate when sales on pop are 4/$12 but you HAVE to buy all 4 to get the savings.  I am trying to cut back on the amount of pop I drink, I don't want to buy that much cause it will just sit there, tempting me..
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #5523 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »

PetCo is gross. Cramped, smelly, poorly stocked, weird layout. There are 3 different ones near me and they're all awful.

JolieFille

• I'm a Pixie! With Fangs! =P
« Reply #5524 on: March 21, 2014, 09:34:49 AM »
My parents insurance company. Never will I use them.

I bought a car about a month ago, and due to my only having a learning permit (long story) i understand insurance might be a bit more because I"m also the legal owner of this car. My parents insurance wanted to charge 2000$ a month for my car.  :o WHAT? No. I get that I don't have a driving history yet, but that's taking it overboard. I mean, even with having full coverage due to financing.

Granted I think we scared the car dealership. My dad had a 2008 BMW Motorcycle that he gave me as the downpayment for our car. They don't see many people my age do that I guess, because the dealer we went to is for no credit buyers.

One call to gieco and a very mystified insuance agent later and I now have auto insurance for the low price of 100$ a month.

Please tell me that's a typo.  You can buy a used car every month for that!

I wish it where a typo. I told the woman at geico and she was like. . . 'but we don't penalize for driviers who are learning. . what?' I throughly confused her.

I have another place to add to my list. Rocky's Autos. It's the place I got my car from and they treated me just fine; however their treatment of my boyfriend has been dismal.

He went in with his tax return and got a nice car same year as mine; put his downpayment on it and on the way home got stopped for illegally tinted windows.  >:( Okay first strike against Rocky's, letting a car leave a lot with a know illegal modification.

Three days later they call him and demand 700$ more as a downpayment. My bf got scared and upset because he put all his money down and didn't have anymore. So his mom called, read them the riot act about how this was the contract that was signed; if they didn't do the math right that isn't our fault but they don't get to demand more money like that.

They cut 1000$ off the price of his car and made the loan work.

He got a call yesterday; and he has to go in BECAUSE THEY LOST HIS CONTRACT! CRUD MONKEYS! i just feel like this is another attempt to con him out of money. I told him to give them a copy of the copy he had kept, and to not sign anything else without throughly reading it. I also want him to mention the illegal tinting he has to replace thanks to their incompetence. -sigh- So my goal is get my little car paid off so I NEVER have to go to them again.

Jocelyn

« Reply #5525 on: March 21, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
Spring Water, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences at Petco. I've shopped them in two different towns where I've lived, and aside from their propensity to put certain items in a merchandise line on sale, but not all, I've had no complaints. The store here is neat and tidy, and the staff are more than willing to help me reach or carry items. (Of course, I was noticeably younger when I shopped the other store, so that may factor in to the offers of help. :))
I've never checked to see if the sales are in the ads, but I could see a local store wanting to put some kinds of pet food on sale, if they were under-selling, to get rid of them before they went stale or rancid.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #5526 on: March 21, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »
When I bought my house and needed home insurance, I called Met Life.  The CSR asked if I had a dog (yes) and told me that they didn't insure people with dogs. ::) I knew it was ridiculous, but rather than argue about it, I went elsewhere.

The irony of the situation is that Met Life's well-known logo/mascot is Snoopy. 
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #5527 on: March 21, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »
When I bought my house and needed home insurance, I called Met Life.  The CSR asked if I had a dog (yes) and told me that they didn't insure people with dogs. ::) I knew it was ridiculous, but rather than argue about it, I went elsewhere.

I would call some other MetLife number or fire off an email to corporate and ask if that was true.  I suspect that this was the personal view of the CSR.  (May be a PETA member or some other "animal rights" activist.)  Just googled "Met Life no dogs."  It appears that it may be only certain breeds of dogs, like pit bulls, that have the reputation of being aggressive.  Evidently there are a LOT of claims for dog bites against homeowner's insurance. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:44:18 AM by Elfmama »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

gramma dishes

« Reply #5528 on: March 21, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »

I would call some other MetLife number or fire off an email to corporate and ask if that was true.  I suspect that this was the personal view of the CSR.  (May be a PETA member or some other "animal rights" activist.)

I would too.  Even though you decided not to argue the point and just go elsewhere, if this kind of misinformation is being given to potential customers it could seriously harm their business.

The only thing I can think of that could have happened is that maybe the CSR is new and there's a ban on certain specific breeds in that location (pit bulls for example) and the CSR interpreted that to include all dogs.

wheeitsme

« Reply #5529 on: March 21, 2014, 12:26:08 PM »
I have another place to add to my list. Rocky's Autos. It's the place I got my car from and they treated me just fine; however their treatment of my boyfriend has been dismal.

He went in with his tax return and got a nice car same year as mine; put his downpayment on it and on the way home got stopped for illegally tinted windows.  >:( Okay first strike against Rocky's, letting a car leave a lot with a know illegal modification.

Three days later they call him and demand 700$ more as a downpayment. My bf got scared and upset because he put all his money down and didn't have anymore. So his mom called, read them the riot act about how this was the contract that was signed; if they didn't do the math right that isn't our fault but they don't get to demand more money like that.

He got a call yesterday; and he has to go in BECAUSE THEY LOST HIS CONTRACT! CRUD MONKEYS! i just feel like this is another attempt to con him out of money. I told him to give them a copy of the copy he had kept, and to not sign anything else without throughly reading it. I also want him to mention the illegal tinting he has to replace thanks to their incompetence. -sigh- So my goal is get my little car paid off so I NEVER have to go to them again.

These are classic scams.  If you are in the USA, and you feel like you need it, you might find help through this USA.gov website:  http://www.usa.gov/topics/consumer/scams-fraud/report-fraud.shtml

JolieFille

• I'm a Pixie! With Fangs! =P
« Reply #5530 on: March 21, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »

These are classic scams.  If you are in the USA, and you feel like you need it, you might find help through this USA.gov website:  http://www.usa.gov/topics/consumer/scams-fraud/report-fraud.shtml

I don't think this is a scam; I think that the fact that the finnacning person was in training and screwed the math all up is what happened and the guy that sold the car didn't get his commision.

They called him today and told him they found it. I'm just boggled that it has been this much of an ordeal.

Now I'll have to research a place that does window tinting because we both agreed that his are too dark, and almost not safe.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5531 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
Spring Water, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences at Petco. I've shopped them in two different towns where I've lived, and aside from their propensity to put certain items in a merchandise line on sale, but not all, I've had no complaints. The store here is neat and tidy, and the staff are more than willing to help me reach or carry items. (Of course, I was noticeably younger when I shopped the other store, so that may factor in to the offers of help. :))
I've never checked to see if the sales are in the ads, but I could see a local store wanting to put some kinds of pet food on sale, if they were under-selling, to get rid of them before they went stale or rancid.

I have never had a bad experience at a Petco either.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5532 on: March 21, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »
I've had both good and bad experiences at Petco. I'll no longer shop there for food as a result - the last bag of food I got there was full of maggots and white webbing-type stuff. :-\ I will still buy toys and whatnot there, though.
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #5533 on: March 22, 2014, 02:30:52 AM »
This isn't a "I'll never shop there again", but I'll definitely think twice before going to this particular location.

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is La Hacienda Ranch. There's three locations that I know of, I usually go to one of two locations but tonight we decided to go to the third because we were on that side of town. It's Friday night, so they're typically PACKED, but we got lucky and were seated right away; getting a waiter who was like a magician - any time we asked for anything he brought it near immediately. At the end of the meal we asked for two to go boxes and the check. This is where things went bad.

They lost my husband's debit card. Five minutes after picking up the check DH says "I think they lost the card", I look behind me to see a manager, our waiter and multiple other waiters frantically searching all around the register with their phone flash lights. (restaurant has low lighting). Another five to ten minutes goes by, they're still frantically looking and no one has come to say anything to us so DH gets up and goes to ask if that's what happened. The waiter confirms that yes, they lost the card, and apologizes multiple times. We wait, and wait, and wait. I'm keeping a close eye on our bank account just in case it walked out with another customer who decides to go get gas with it or something. I note they had already swiped the card to pay for our meal.

Finally the manager comes over and apologizes, tells us she has voided the payment made with the card and is comping our meal, gives us vouchers for three meals free and takes our information so if they find the card they can call us. She assured us that she and the other manager on duty had both searched the waiter and would continue to look for the card, saying it would be easier once they closed as they could turn all the lights on. We went ahead and tipped the waiter about half of what we would have tipped had the card not been lost, as the service he provided the rest of the evening WAS good.

I placed a hold on the debit card so if it did/does walk out with anyone it can't be used and if we get it back we can simply reactive it. Otherwise it'll be canceled and have a new one sent.

But I really want to know how in ehell you lose a customer's debit card...

andi

« Reply #5534 on: March 22, 2014, 09:39:57 AM »
That's scary - but chances are it slid between something hard to get to. At least I hope that's it

My nail salon lost my wedding band.

I always loop all my rings on my watch band and lay them on top of my cell phone next to me. Then I pick them up and put them on when im done. This time, the nail tech picked them up and handed them to me (upside down) while he was gathering towels. Engagement ring was there - no wedding band

45 minutes of searching on hands and knees - nothing. They went through the towel bin, nothing. Noticed someone had put a load of towels in the washer so they promised to call me later. Nothing that night.

Heard nothing the next day so I went back after work. Nope - claimed they searched. Told them them I'd bring my paperwork by the next afternoon so they could replace it. Heard nothing so took my paper wok over only to be told that since no one saw me take the ring off - they were not responsible.  How did they know the ring was really there?  Even though their emplyee was the last one to touch my stuff. (I've been going there 2 years, never had a tech touch my jewelry before)  Let them know I was NOT happy and left with steam coming out my ears

Got a text the day around lunch - they found my ring - in the washing machine.