Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1131724 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5535 on: March 12, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
I was thinking about saving up for a Dyson...but my sister got one (not one of the slim cordless models, the old kind with the gigantic ball) and she's only been able to use it three times. It's also broken three times. Every time she's used it. She got sick of sending it back only to have the same thing happen again. :(

I do have a very nice vacuum, though - a Hoover Sprint QuickVac. Not only does it have amazing cleaning power for a cheap vacuum, it even works on my strangely slanted floors without skipping a beat. Well worth it.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

MissRose

« Reply #5536 on: March 16, 2014, 02:15:48 PM »
After my parents recent incident with ATT, I am glad I do not have them for a phone provider. Their line is now fixed but it took my mother nearly 3 days of fighting over the phone with a lot of people plus at one point I called on their behalf on their cell phone plus tweeted to the ATT customer twitter account on my phone to get things accomplished.  The one agent promised a dispatch on Friday to fix the issue, and my mother documents stuff WELL then another said no that is not right, its Saturday.  When that discussion was going on, I took the phone from my mother, explained to her: they are both senior citizens, my father has heart issues, my mother has a 90 year old mother in assisted living 3 hours away, you will do whatever you can to expedite the issue.  The woman was insistent nothing was going to happen on Friday, it would be Saturday.  I demanded her manager, and she refused me several times then hung up on me.  I called back, explained again, and was assured someone would be out Saturday.  My mother did call me Saturday evening after finding out it was an issue with the ATT box outside causing the problems which ATT had to fix for them.  Makes me glad I do not have their landline service or any other service for that matter.

lkdrymom

« Reply #5537 on: March 16, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
After my parents recent incident with ATT, I am glad I do not have them for a phone provider. Their line is now fixed but it took my mother nearly 3 days of fighting over the phone with a lot of people plus at one point I called on their behalf on their cell phone plus tweeted to the ATT customer twitter account on my phone to get things accomplished.  The one agent promised a dispatch on Friday to fix the issue, and my mother documents stuff WELL then another said no that is not right, its Saturday.  When that discussion was going on, I took the phone from my mother, explained to her: they are both senior citizens, my father has heart issues, my mother has a 90 year old mother in assisted living 3 hours away, you will do whatever you can to expedite the issue.  The woman was insistent nothing was going to happen on Friday, it would be Saturday.  I demanded her manager, and she refused me several times then hung up on me.  I called back, explained again, and was assured someone would be out Saturday.  My mother did call me Saturday evening after finding out it was an issue with the ATT box outside causing the problems which ATT had to fix for them.  Makes me glad I do not have their landline service or any other service for that matter.

Same customer service as Verizon. They promised someone would be at my home to fix the problem 7 DAYS IN A ROW. This required me to take time off of work or arrange for someone to be at my home. Everytime I called it was 'Oh well they will be there tomorrow'.  I called them over this 23 times and after the 5th phone call I was not longer polite and I used some pretty rough language.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5538 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:14 AM »

Same customer service as Verizon. They promised someone would be at my home to fix the problem 7 DAYS IN A ROW. This required me to take time off of work or arrange for someone to be at my home. Everytime I called it was 'Oh well they will be there tomorrow'.  I called them over this 23 times and after the 5th phone call I was not longer polite and I used some pretty rough language.
Call your state's Public Service Commission.  Within the hour, Verizon will miraculously send someone out even though they have told you that there is no one available.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MissRose

« Reply #5539 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:20 AM »

Call your state's Public Service Commission.  Within the hour, Verizon will miraculously send someone out even though they have told you that there is no one available.

I will keep that in mind if my parents tell me they have issues again and get the run around.  When I had to jump on the phone and chew out the so called manager and get hung up on, that is even worse in terms of services.  I've tweeted on twitter and left posts on Facebook for ATT, and by the looks of things on ATT's FB page,  my parents are not the only ones who have had issues with poor customer service.

nayberry

« Reply #5540 on: March 17, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

I will keep that in mind if my parents tell me they have issues again and get the run around.  When I had to jump on the phone and chew out the so called manager and get hung up on, that is even worse in terms of services.  I've tweeted on twitter and left posts on Facebook for ATT, and by the looks of things on ATT's FB page,  my parents are not the only ones who have had issues with poor customer service.

re fb,  post it on your page as well as their page and make a note on the post on theirs that its on yours too,  a lot of firms seem to think that deleting comments gets rid of issues...

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #5541 on: March 17, 2014, 03:43:29 PM »
I second posting on the company's FB page.  A couple of years ago I was getting the run-around getting a refund from a local hospital. They had just merged with a larger hospital and had been merging bookkeeping systems, so I understand that things take awhile, however, I couldn't get anyone to call me back, etc. I posted on the FB page and within minutes I got a message back asking how they could help. Check appeared very soon thereafter.

Last month, I called AAA because of a flat tire. The number I called failed to transfer it to the correct area to handle it. An hour later, I call again and there's no record of my call and gee, sorry, it will be another hour. AFter all was said and done, it was 2.5 hours before the tire was changed. I complained about it on their FB page (politely, but pointedly) and received a message and call with apologies and a discount on next year's dues.

I think more and more companies are taking social media seriously, especially when the complaint is well-founded and well-written and not just a crazy rant.

SoCalVal

« Reply #5542 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34:54 AM »
Please don't presume to speak for all of us in SoCal in that way. I've never used it with that meaning, nor have I ever heard it used that way.

Do you honestly believe that she meant that every single one of the 38 million Californians uses the term rudely?

Haven't read this thread in awhile so I totally missed this discussion I unintentionally stirred up.

So, first -- apologies for the misunderstanding as, no, I don't mean I think everyone in California (CA) means it this way.

Secondly -- I was once told by a friend (and fellow Californian) that "Have a nice day" (yes with tone!) is *our* way of saying FU (I had no idea up until that point; I think we were in our 20s when she told me).  In my exchange with that person who got my order wrong, her attitude and look on her face, together with the phrase, made it quite clear what she was conveying to me (a drug rep did this at my doctor's office one day also when I refused to let her continue to commandeer the office staff for her drop-in visit when I was in the middle of being assisted by them -- the drug rep kept interrupting and, finally, I asserted myself and said, "Hi, I'd like to finish my appointment as I have people waiting for me outside so could you finish helping me first, please" which earned me nasty looks from the drup rep; I have to admit I gave the "Have a nice day" right back at her as I didn't care that I "interfered").

JolieFille

• I'm a Pixie! With Fangs! =P
« Reply #5543 on: March 20, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »
My parents insurance company. Never will I use them.

I bought a car about a month ago, and due to my only having a learning permit (long story) i understand insurance might be a bit more because I"m also the legal owner of this car. My parents insurance wanted to charge 2000$ a month for my car.  :o WHAT? No. I get that I don't have a driving history yet, but that's taking it overboard. I mean, even with having full coverage due to financing.

Granted I think we scared the car dealership. My dad had a 2008 BMW Motorcycle that he gave me as the downpayment for our car. They don't see many people my age do that I guess, because the dealer we went to is for no credit buyers.

One call to gieco and a very mystified insuance agent later and I now have auto insurance for the low price of 100$ a month.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5544 on: March 20, 2014, 02:00:24 PM »

I bought a car about a month ago, and due to my only having a learning permit (long story) i understand insurance might be a bit more because I"m also the legal owner of this car. My parents insurance wanted to charge 2000$ a month for my car.  :o WHAT? No. I get that I don't have a driving history yet, but that's taking it overboard. I mean, even with having full coverage due to financing.

Granted I think we scared the car dealership. My dad had a 2008 BMW Motorcycle that he gave me as the downpayment for our car. They don't see many people my age do that I guess, because the dealer we went to is for no credit buyers.

One call to gieco and a very mystified insuance agent later and I now have auto insurance for the low price of 100$ a month.

Please tell me that's a typo.  You can buy a used car every month for that!

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #5545 on: March 20, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
I just got a Dyson a little over a year ago, and LOVE it.  Best vacuum I've ever had, so far.  I think it's the DC25 Animal.  I love how it rolls on the ball thing so that you can angle it wherever you want.  It has great suction and does really well even with ground-in dirt.  I love how easy it is to switch back and forth to the hose with a nozzle fitting thing, and how it even has a long tube so that you can make it reach really high or get into weird places.  I do have the girls go through and pick up larger stuff, and then after I go through with the vacuum I have them pick up anything it missed, which generally is stuff larger than a paperclip.  There are several filters you have to keep up with, and I once got a wire stuck in the hose and was terrified that it would puncture it, but I got it out.  My biggest complaint was the wordless manual... I guess they wanted to save on translation costs?  So it's all pictures with arrows and stuff.  Very difficult to understand.  Of course, my vacuum before that was a very old traditional vacuum, so this one just feels very sleek and does all sorts of great stuff.  My dad had gotten one (same model but not the Animal version) and I tried his and loved it, so that's why I got this one.  It wasn't nearly as expensive as what some people have mentioned, though.  I think we got it at Kohl's or somewhere like that with a great discount.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5546 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

That is INSANE.

When I am doing one of my periodic insurance quote checks, I never even bother getting one from Geico. Years ago, I got an offer for a X% discount because I owned stock in a company that was part (or full, I don't know) owner of Geico. So I called for a quote. With the discount, they wanted more than double what anyone else was asking. I was quite happy with my existing insurance, and stayed with them.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

nayberry

« Reply #5547 on: March 20, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »

That is INSANE.

When I am doing one of my periodic insurance quote checks, I never even bother getting one from Geico. Years ago, I got an offer for a X% discount because I owned stock in a company that was part (or full, I don't know) owner of Geico. So I called for a quote. With the discount, they wanted more than double what anyone else was asking. I was quite happy with my existing insurance, and stayed with them.

happens in the UK too,  of course people go to the press but the only mention the most expensive quotes they get not the normal ones.  people forget that if a company is quoting you it just means they don't want your business.

found a link to one example  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392614/Teenager-quoted-72-000-insure-600-Vauxhall-Corsa.html

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #5548 on: March 20, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
If it's only been a week take it back to the place where you bought it from.  From what I've heard Dysons used to be wonderful and then over the past 5 years or so have fallen into the trap of trading in on their established reputation rather than continuing to produce a quality product.  I know 2 people with dysons that are over 10 years old that are wonderful.
I've had my Dyson for the past four years and I have to agree that it's just not worth the money that we purchased it for.  For about a year or two it worked really well, but I've noticed within the last year that it doesn't pick up stuff very well.  I also don't really like the hose attachment since it's so clunky and hard to maneuver.

If it is having trouble picking up stuff the bottom of the house is probably clogged.   You can easily detach it at the very bottom,  stretch it out and get stuck stuff out.   I've also had to pop the roller out and de-hair it... I'd like to blame the cats for this,  but its my hair that does it.

I've already done this a few times and the sucking power still seems to be diminished. 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5549 on: March 20, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »
Re:  Car insurance.

My Dad was looking at buying a new car and was contemplating giving his old one to my oldest nephew who was about to get his license.  On the way home from passing his exam, he and his mother stopped at the insurance agent to have him added to his parents' insurance.  He asked how much it would be for him to insure my Dad's car, were he to get it.  $9000/yr.  It would have been $3000/yr if he'd been female.  Or as he put it, 'If I didn't have a p3nis.'   :)  He opted not to get the car.  Now that my stbxSIL is not at the house anymore, though, there are three drivers for one vehicle.  It is a real juggling act to get everyone where they need to go.

So JolieFille?  You're getting a great deal at $100/mth.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario