Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1249060 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5625 on: March 29, 2014, 10:54:32 AM »
Not sure if this should go in the Darwin award thread or here, but anyway: yesterday I went to a sports store for new running/walking shoes. I walked in , wearing my old beat up but still very recognizable shies, let's call them Runners, in pink/white/black. I told the salesperson, I need a new paid, exactly like these, adding ( in case she didn't know), " they are Runners, style Waterfall 6" ( I'm not being snobbish or condescending; this company has very distinctive style and I would assume that if you work in a large sporting goods store, you would know). She led me over to a pile of shoes and said, " here, these are Jungle Gyms and they're on sale" ( and no, they didn't even look like mine). I said, again, "Runners". waterfall. Six". So she led me to the Runners display and showed me style "Desert 34". I said " but I need waterfall six".

Her reply?

Ready?

"But these are the same. They're pink"

I think my brain exploded

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

turtleIScream

« Reply #5626 on: March 31, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
Zazzle.com. My daughter's 14th birthday is coming up, and she is a digital artist. We placed an order on Zazzle for a custom t-shirt using one of her designs. We got the order confirmation, which said processing would be 3-5 days, then shipping 3-5 days. It has been 8 business days, and I just wanted to track the order status. I logged in to view my order, and discovered that it has been cancelled. No email notification, no explanation, just cancelled. I don't know if the particular shirt/color was out of stock, if there was an issue with the artwork, or what the reason was, so I am wary of trying again. We still have 3 weeks to come up with another gift, but we were so excited about this idea! At least they didn't charge our credit card.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #5627 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
Zazzle.com. My daughter's 14th birthday is coming up, and she is a digital artist. We placed an order on Zazzle for a custom t-shirt using one of her designs. We got the order confirmation, which said processing would be 3-5 days, then shipping 3-5 days. It has been 8 business days, and I just wanted to track the order status. I logged in to view my order, and discovered that it has been cancelled. No email notification, no explanation, just cancelled. I don't know if the particular shirt/color was out of stock, if there was an issue with the artwork, or what the reason was, so I am wary of trying again. We still have 3 weeks to come up with another gift, but we were so excited about this idea! At least they didn't charge our credit card.

Try VistaPrint - there's often deals on LivingSocial.com or retailmenot.com, and they'll send you a t-shirt/mug/tote bag/etc. with your own artwork for a very reasonable rate.

nayberry

« Reply #5628 on: March 31, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »

Try VistaPrint - there's often deals on LivingSocial.com or retailmenot.com, and they'll send you a t-shirt/mug/tote bag/etc. with your own artwork for a very reasonable rate.

check the small print very carefully,  they were in trouble in the UK for signing people up for things they didn't want and charging them!

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5629 on: March 31, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
I like Cafepress.  They have a pretty quick turn around time and the digital printing is high quality. 

Spreadshirt is ok as well, but I haven't used them in a few years. 

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5630 on: March 31, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
I have gone to my local print shop. Good service, fast turn around and it looked great.

turtleIScream

« Reply #5631 on: March 31, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions! My sister also recommended Cafepress, so we might give that a try. We are waiting for a response from Zazzle with more specifics; it looks like we may have flagged it for copyright infringement (we are in the clear, but they may need convincing). We shall see how everything gets resolved.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #5632 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

If you're in a pinch, try Walgreens.  I've never used the service but I see it every time I go in to process inmate pictures and it looks to be rather decent.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #5633 on: March 31, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
offtherack.com

Sis ordered something from them for Brett's Christmas. It was 5 days late (But got there Christmas Eve). THe tablet was low quality and didn't work well.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5634 on: March 31, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »
I want to give up a certain store ending in "club", but it has the best prices at a convenient location.  Tonight, I realized I forgot my membership card, so I went to the service desk for a temporary card.
 I shopped and loaded up the checkout belt with my large order.  The checker took my card, fiddled with her computer, then handed it back to me, stating "It won't go in-go to the service desk".
I looked at the line at the desk, and the full belt, and replied "No, I don't think so.  That's where another employee wrote this out. You should get a manager or the head checker to help".
She obviously didn't like that!  We stared each other down for what seemed forever, until she did take the card back and huffed off, taking her time.
The head cashier came over-again taking her sweet time-fiddled around, and got it going.  The clerk kept throwing me stinkeye while she checked me out.

I do get the impression they're not exactly the greatest places to work, but that's no excuse for surliness.

HorseFreak

« Reply #5635 on: March 31, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »
This is fairly minor, but did make me raise an eyebrow.

I ordered contact lenses from my local Costco Optical a week ago after an appointment with their optician (who tried to hard sell me on LASIK despite my protests). It was a little challenging to get service at the counter, but nothing terrible. Sunday I went at opening to pick up the lenses that had come in and found the only employee at the counter filing her nails. I stood no more than two feet from her across the counter where she couldn't help but notice me and fished through my purse obviously to make some noise. After a solid 10 seconds he slowly looked up at me, not breaking her rhythm filing, and asked me what I needed and immediately put her attention back to her manicure. She got my contacts with a little huffing like I was asking a lot.

I haven't a clue what her problem was with doing her job, but it was quite off-putting. When I ordered my contacts the same woman was quite unhelpful to a lady asking if they stocked a certain designer with an answer of, "Whatever we have is out."

HoneyBee42

« Reply #5636 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »
I *was* really excited about getting shoes from Shoes of Prey.  But apparently, they do *not* really make shoes for people with wide feet.  I ordered the wide shoes in the right size, and ... I measured those suckers, they didn't even qualify as wide enough to be an A width, let alone an actually wide shoe.  There was no way I could get my feet into the shoe without bending my little toe in under my whole foot.  Then I had them remade ... I even provided a scan of a tracing of my foot with a tape measure running across ... and they're still like trying to stick tourniquets on my feet.  I was so excited about the idea of having shoes that would actually fit my short, fat feet that were "grown up shoes" (I am usually reduced to shopping out of the girls' department, because for some reason the wide in girl's shoes is actually ... wide.  But there's no real heels there).

I mean, if I am spending $300 on a single pair of shoes that are supposed to be custom made to my size, I expect them to fit and not make my feet go numb if if try to get my feet into them.  :'(

dinvancouver

« Reply #5637 on: March 31, 2014, 11:18:49 PM »
OT: for those of you shopping for textbooks (or know someone who will be) try abe.com

You will need to have the ISBN number because the site carries multiple editions and the pic they show isn't  always the correct cover. Other than that minor issue - they are great! Textbook at the bookstore: $120, Abe: $12  ;D

back to your regularly scheduled thread....

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5638 on: April 01, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
OT: for those of you shopping for textbooks (or know someone who will be) try abe.com

You will need to have the ISBN number because the site carries multiple editions and the pic they show isn't  always the correct cover. Other than that minor issue - they are great! Textbook at the bookstore: $120, Abe: $12  ;D

HiOhMyGoshILoveYouPleaseMarryMeKThsBye!!!!eleventy!!!!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5639 on: April 01, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

HiOhMyGoshILoveYouPleaseMarryMeKThsBye!!!!eleventy!!!!

I have used Abe books and now use book finder. Book finder pulls from multiple online retailers and so far, can't be beat on price.

I always use the ISBN.