A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!

<< < (1191/1312) > >>

Luci:

--- Quote from: Luci45 on June 16, 2014, 12:17:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on June 16, 2014, 12:13:44 PM ---What I think may have been the hours waiting to check out customers are tourists. They come on their buses and load up on electronics and clothing to take back home. Sometimes one family will have two carts full.

--- End quote ---

Two carts full of merchandise on a bus? That much extra for several people would not fit in the luggage bin or overhead racks or even laps, would it?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on June 16, 2014, 12:58:50 PM ---They go where the luggage goes, underneath the passenger area, and are shipped home.

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm. I've never seen that there is enough room. Good to know for future reference that there is extra room there. (I used to have to help unload after 2 week  band trips.)

Xandraea:

--- Quote from: Queen of Clubs on June 14, 2014, 04:14:38 PM ---The place where I used to live needed a new hot water boiler.  The plumber I hired was late every day, then tried to tell me how punctual he was.  He replaced the water heater, failed to fix the shower that ran off it, and attempted to flirt with me...until his wedding ring dropped out of his spare overalls.  He also pinched the back of my neck as he passed me.

No way, no how would I ever hire him again.

--- End quote ---

UGH on the touching you (pinching your neck) and the flirting. Just ugh.

I had a guy come to fix a crack in my ceiling which has a knockdown texture. It should have been quick, and I had plans to meet a friend for lunch after he was done. This guy spent 6 hours working on the crack, all the while telling me over and over again about how great he was at this job, and that it takes real expertise to fix a crack like this and get the texture of the patch to match the rest of the ceiling without re-doing the entire ceiling. I missed lunch with my friend (we were texting, made it dinner), and I was so very glad to get rid of the guy when he finally decided he was done. The patchwork, despite all his bragging, was obvious, not perfectly blended as he claimed, and the crack reappeared soon after. I've just let it exist there, as it really doesn't bother me. At least I didn't have to pay for his "repairs", as the house was under warranty then.

Queen of Clubs:

--- Quote from: Xandraea on June 16, 2014, 09:25:59 PM ---
UGH on the touching you (pinching your neck) and the flirting. Just ugh.

I had a guy come to fix a crack in my ceiling which has a knockdown texture. It should have been quick, and I had plans to meet a friend for lunch after he was done. This guy spent 6 hours working on the crack, all the while telling me over and over again about how great he was at this job, and that it takes real expertise to fix a crack like this and get the texture of the patch to match the rest of the ceiling without re-doing the entire ceiling. I missed lunch with my friend (we were texting, made it dinner), and I was so very glad to get rid of the guy when he finally decided he was done. The patchwork, despite all his bragging, was obvious, not perfectly blended as he claimed, and the crack reappeared soon after. I've just let it exist there, as it really doesn't bother me. At least I didn't have to pay for his "repairs", as the house was under warranty then.

--- End quote ---

Pinching the back of my neck was the worst.  I hate having my neck touched, and from a practical stranger?  Urgh!

His telling you he's so good at his job is just like that plumber telling me how punctual he was.  Don't tell me - show me.  In both cases, they didn't.

BeagleMommy:
A dentist in my home town who is, thankfully, out of business.

Two of my wisdom teeth are partially impacted.  That's just how they came in.  I have no pain, my jaw is properly aligned and I have no difficulties chewing or talking.  They just stopped.

I went in for a cleaning and he was ready to schedule me for surgery to remove the impacted teeth.  I'm sorry, you don't just schedule a diabetic for surgery.  There has to be a lot of coordination between doctors.  When I asked why I should have them out when I had no problems he insisted they'd "give me problems in the future".

My response was "Well, if that happens you can tell me you told me so".   That was when I was 18.  I'm now 49 and the same impacted teeth are still there.

Elfmama:
I have one of my wisdom teeth gone, but only one.  The dentist told me that it was causing the pain and swelling I was having back there.  From the taste, it was infected, too.  :P   Dentist removed the wisdom tooth.  Pain and swelling and nasty taste persisted, until I managed to floss out the popcorn hull that had gotten wedged waaaaay down in the gum, almost under the rear molar.   ::)

I'm with BeagleMommy.  If they don't bother me, I'm not going to bother them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version