News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2632814 times)

Otterpop

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8640 on: October 01, 2017, 09:36:47 PM »
My folks are in the process of dealing with a bad seller on Amazon.  They ordered a specialty set of items early, expecting that the price would rise (which it did). Unfortunately they didnít check out the third party sellerís ratings first. The items still havenít arrived, despite sellerís claims that the package was delivered yesterday (which already would have been late). When they did investigate, turns out the seller has rock bottom ratings and has for years, with so many similar, negative experiences posted that my parents are pretty sure theyíll never see a refund.

Their question to me, that I couldnít answer, is how is this person still allowed to be a seller on Amazon?

They can file a chargeback through their credit card company

Yes, Amazon has protections.  Get them involved with the dispute center.  I've always gotten a refund.  If not, you can file a dispute with your credit card company.  They will get their money back one way or another.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #8641 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
My folks are in the process of dealing with a bad seller on Amazon.  They ordered a specialty set of items early, expecting that the price would rise (which it did). Unfortunately they didnít check out the third party sellerís ratings first. The items still havenít arrived, despite sellerís claims that the package was delivered yesterday (which already would have been late). When they did investigate, turns out the seller has rock bottom ratings and has for years, with so many similar, negative experiences posted that my parents are pretty sure theyíll never see a refund.

Their question to me, that I couldnít answer, is how is this person still allowed to be a seller on Amazon?

Yes, Amazon has protections.  Get them involved with the dispute center.  I've always gotten a refund.  If not, you can file a dispute with your credit card company.  They will get their money back one way or another.

I have disputed several items from third party sellers on Amazon and have been successful every time.

Once, it was the entire set of James Bond 007 movies. It was supposed to come in a hinged box with a holder for each dvd. It came in a cardboard box with plastic sleeves for the movies. I got my money back.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

KimberlyM

« Reply #8642 on: October 03, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »

I have disputed several items from third party sellers on Amazon and have been successful every time.

Once, it was the entire set of James Bond 007 movies. It was supposed to come in a hinged box with a holder for each dvd. It came in a cardboard box with plastic sleeves for the movies. I got my money back.

I ordered several sweaters last year.  The expected arrival date kept getting pushed back (they came from overseas) and eventually they stopped doing even that.  3 months after I ordered I contacted Amazon and within 2 days they refunded my purchase and the seller is no longer on Amazon.

lilfox

« Reply #8643 on: October 03, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »

Fortunately it does look like they're getting their money back - they got responses from the seller and from Amazon, so it should be taken care of.  They (parents) think that the seller just decided not to fulfill the order at the original price because those items have tripled in price from other sellers in the last few weeks.  I asked them to please, please put in a review of the seller.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #8644 on: October 03, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »

Fortunately it does look like they're getting their money back - they got responses from the seller and from Amazon, so it should be taken care of.  They (parents) think that the seller just decided not to fulfill the order at the original price because those items have tripled in price from other sellers in the last few weeks.  I asked them to please, please put in a review of the seller.

Definitely!  If I see a seller with bad ratings, I choose someone else who doesn't mess around/lie to/cheat customers.  It's the same reason I give honest star ratings on eBay; if the postage doesn't seem reasonable to me, I will mark it down.  If it's exhorbitant, I'll even mention it in the review.  I don't believe in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" when it comes to reviewing people that take my money!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #8645 on: November 03, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
I posted a while back about an insurance broker I was having issues with.  They strike again.  My renewal notice is apparently coming due.  They left a message on my voice mail, telling me that I need a particular special licence for this vehicle.  And that they were calling because they didn't have email contact information for me.  When the initial paperwork done with them was done by email.   ::)  And they're telling me all I have to do is go to the DMV equivalent and ask for the special license.  Yeah, that's not how it works.  You have to apply, your application has to be processes, approved and sent back to you and then you go in and write a test, the book for which is 300 pages long, though I don't believe I need to study the whole book, just specific sections.

So I called the actual insurance company to find out if I could get an extension, because there is no way I can get this done by the renewal date.  Turns out, it isn't a requirement unless you are over the weight limit, which we're not.  Though we may be eventually and I always intended to get this licence.  But my insurance will be renewed!  Yay!  And I asked them for a competent broker and got sent to them.  Everything was going really well until I was sent an email with DF's name spelled wrong.  Not a big deal in the scheme of things but when I'd told them that part of the issue with the previous broker was their lack of attention to detail, including spelling both my and DF's names wrong?  You think she would have been a little more careful.   ::)  I'll correct it tonight when I send in more information.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Sirius

« Reply #8646 on: November 06, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »
I once had an insurance agent who apparently resented the fact that I'd been assigned to him when my original agent left the company.  Or so he kept reminding me - "You know, you were assigned to me," he'd say, as though I didn't deserve the same customer service as customers he'd gotten himself.  Finally, after it took him four tries to get the insurance right on my Geo Metro (at one point I was being charged for insurance on two separate but identical Geo Metros) I fired him and switched to another agent.  The agent I switched to was a way better fit, and the office people couldn't believe some of the stories I told about the original agent. 

*I'd been assigned to the first one because his office was in the county where I lived, and the town where I lived was way too small to have its own insurance agent.  I finally was assigned to an agent in the town where I worked, which was in a different county, and they were a much better fit for me.   

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #8647 on: November 06, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
When DH and I were just out of college (engaged but not yet married), we ended up tagging along once when his mother went to see her financial advisor. We were generally broke and not actually sharing our finances yet, but the other agent who shared the office was nice enough to invite us in while we waited and he did an EXCELLENT job of helping us figure out what to do once we did have something to save. We stuck with him for several years until he retired - I don't think he ever made more than tiny commissions on us, since we aren't exactly trading huge amounts of stock, but we put his company on the "I will forever love this place" list.

We got shifted to a random person when he retired, whom neither DH or I knew and who was on the far side of town, so I did some research and found a lady in the same company whose office is about two minutes from our house. She was extremely competent, had some good suggestions for us, and even though we're still in the "just building up college and retirement savings" part of our lives, we've got a pretty good idea of where we are, where we want to go, and how much we'll have to save to get there.

Then about a month ago, we got a nicely formal letter: the new agent lady has taken on an officemate, and they're splitting her clients so she can drop back to three-quarter time. Our account was summarily shifted to this new guy's desk. Okay, whatever, we don't need to poke at it right now anyway.

Letter yesterday: oh, new guy is moving offices! ...to the other side of town. Ironically, the same office our original guy was in. So we find someone who is close and we like, and instead we're a) with someone I've never met, who b) is half an hour away, and c) is brand-new to the business.

We're shopping for someone new.

lilfox

« Reply #8648 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »

I updated earlier that my parents already handled the order cancelling/refund process, but in the last few weeks I checked a few times on these items just out of curiosity and almost every 3rd party seller now has multiple 1-star reviews describing a scam (receiving an empty envelope) or bait and switch with low quality knock-offs instead of the name brand being advertised.

So, word to the wise, if you are looking to buy highly marketed toys (or anything else!) via Amazon, do your due diligence on the sellers!

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8649 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:24 AM »
I keep saying this, but keep getting sucked back in. Schoola. Which is an online thrift website where people donate clothing, and a percentage of the proceeds go to various schools, when the items sell. That's where I come in. I buy on there to resell, as it is an online thrift website, i don't donate anything.

Well...its' hit or miss. They do offer great deals; esp. on their $3 items, with 75% off. They also offer free shipping, and it used to be unlimited items, but now is capped at 10, and then $1 per item over that. I'm guessing they were losing money because I know people used to order 40, 50, 60 items at a time. But you can still get deals; 10 items at $3 each, minus 75%, even with the 6.99 shipping, comes out to about 1.49 per item. While they do have new with tags, the promos don't apply to those. And some of their sorting and pricing? Um no. they don't seem to have a good grasp on what's high end, and what's not.

Their QC isn't' the best either. I know you take a chance when you buy online, used, sight unseen, but some of the stuff I've received was in such condition i wouldn't have even donated it, i would have trashed it. And many times its not what is listed on the site. I've bought from other similar sites, and had better results.

Last time: Levi's jeans, but got Denizen, which is a lower priced line, made by Levi Strauss, and sold at Target. nothing wrong with that, but not what was shown, or i ordered. Another top was pilled and stained. not what I'd consider good condition. So i got refunded and a credit. I don't feel badly when they give me money back because I'm betting the amount schools actually get isn't all that much. I look at it as more of a business than a true charity.

order i received yesterday: 10 items, maybe 6 are usable. 2 sweaters, which I'm pretty sure are men's, but listed as women's, one stretched and worn. A down vest, missing its hood, and so on. I also think their idea of "good" condition differs from mine. to me good is stain and rip free, still wearable, but not brand new or like new. NOT stained, pulled, etc. One item was a really nice wool sweater, but the sleeves are covered in stains. Sigh.

so i'll email again, probably get another credit, and use it up and be done with them.

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #8650 on: November 22, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
I really wish I could complain or never shop there again, but unfortunately I can't do either. Hope this is okay to put this here.

Recently DH was ill, but unsure whether it was bad enough to go to hospital or doctor. It was after normal doctor hours (around 7pm) so I rang the out of hours clinic at the local small hospital. The lady on the phone said that DH's Doctor was actually there so to come down in the next 20 mins and he'd assess him and see if he should be admitted, but that their accident & emergency department was closing at 8pm. She kept me on the phone for ages but kept stressing to get there asap, I was almost about to snap at her that I couldn't go until I got off the phone when she finally finished. We did take a while, maybe 10 mins, to get a taxi, but made it almost exactly 20 mins after the call. When we walked in she looked up and said "oh, well I suppose you got her as fast as you could, did you?"

I was so taken aback and concerned about DH's ability to breath (he's asthmatic) that I didn't say anything other than "yes". Then when the patient who was in with the doctor came out 5 minutes later she deliberately waited 3 or 4 minutes to bring in DH's file. Between her delay and DH having to have two rounds on the nebuliser, it was 5 past 8 before we finished with the doctor and he said we'd have to go into the city centre to the bigger hospital as local one was closed  >:(

We ended up in an overcrowed emergency room and despite DH being a priority he didn't get seen for 45 mins and we were there until almost 2am waiting on results and to see a doctor.

I would really like to ring the after hours clinic and complain about the receptionist/secretary's attitude and behaviour, but DH won't let me as they're the only after hours clinic local to us.
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards and crafts -
https://www.facebook.com/cardsandcraftsbycarol?ref=hl