News:

• April 24, 2018, 11:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2946424 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8655 on: December 04, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
UPDATE: they responded to my PM on FB and said they are pulling them now. No apology or explanation though which is a bit annoying but whatever. just send me my stuff and be done with it.

A certain website, reuse nation. I had found them a few months back, while searching for something online. Their business model is they buy and resell bags and sneakers, and some clothing, and give back some of the profits to charities, while reducing the amount of "waste" in the world.

I must have signed up for eamils but never got any, but over black friday, i got one with a 50% off the entire site code. Ok. I have a bit of a bag obsession. I placed 2 orders on Nov. 24 and a third on the 27th. For seven purses. Don't judge me :)

Their website was kind of basic, maybe even a bit amatuerish, but they did say "most orders received by noon on the east coast ship the very same day" but also if it a larger order it may take an extra day or two but they try and keep customers in the loop.

Well, its been 3 and 7 days without a peep. I sent an email yesterday, no response. Today i found their FB page, sent a PM and forwarded my email from yesterday, asking for a status on my orders. You know, if they say oh its just 3 of us, and we were on vacation, etc. that's ok. But the fact that they say one thing right on their website, and my experience has been totally different is really irksome. There is a phone number but i'm not that good on the phone, so i figured I'd try this route first.

Not even an option to cancel orders as I'm about ready to do so, despite the fabulous deals I got on what I bought!

But after this, no more. Its just poor customer service

UPDATE NO. 2:
Still showing as unfulfilled. Really? Come on now. If you don't have the time or staff (as I suspect) to fulfill your orders, say so! I'd much rather you tell me sorry, we will be dealyed etc. than tell me you should be shipping ASAP.

And this is why I rarely purchase from these types of companies. At least on eBay, I have some recourse.

I will probably not be buying from Etsy, since their new rules make it much harder for the sellers to sell without paying a fortune.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8656 on: December 05, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »
UPDATE: they responded to my PM on FB and said they are pulling them now. No apology or explanation though which is a bit annoying but whatever. just send me my stuff and be done with it.

A certain website, reuse nation. I had found them a few months back, while searching for something online. Their business model is they buy and resell bags and sneakers, and some clothing, and give back some of the profits to charities, while reducing the amount of "waste" in the world.

I must have signed up for eamils but never got any, but over black friday, i got one with a 50% off the entire site code. Ok. I have a bit of a bag obsession. I placed 2 orders on Nov. 24 and a third on the 27th. For seven purses. Don't judge me :)

Their website was kind of basic, maybe even a bit amatuerish, but they did say "most orders received by noon on the east coast ship the very same day" but also if it a larger order it may take an extra day or two but they try and keep customers in the loop.

Well, its been 3 and 7 days without a peep. I sent an email yesterday, no response. Today i found their FB page, sent a PM and forwarded my email from yesterday, asking for a status on my orders. You know, if they say oh its just 3 of us, and we were on vacation, etc. that's ok. But the fact that they say one thing right on their website, and my experience has been totally different is really irksome. There is a phone number but i'm not that good on the phone, so i figured I'd try this route first.

Not even an option to cancel orders as I'm about ready to do so, despite the fabulous deals I got on what I bought!

UPDATE NO. 2:
Still showing as unfulfilled. Really? Come on now. If you don't have the time or staff (as I suspect) to fulfill your orders, say so! I'd much rather you tell me sorry, we will be dealyed etc. than tell me you should be shipping ASAP.

And this is why I rarely purchase from these types of companies. At least on eBay, I have some recourse.

I will probably not be buying from Etsy, since their new rules make it much harder for the sellers to sell without paying a fortune.

I'm beginning to regret it too! Worst case, I dispute with my credit card. I'd hate to take it to that level, but come on. Just sent another FB PM saying you told me 4 days ago you were pulling the items and would ship ASAP. And nothing, and this is some of the poorest customer service i've ever experienced. I've ordered stuff that was backordered but they tell you, and 9 times out of 10, it ships before the date they said.

we'll see. if i get nothing by Friday, i'm asking them to cancel, and if they don't, then a cc dispute.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8657 on: December 05, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »

UPDATE NO. 2:

I'm beginning to regret it too! Worst case, I dispute with my credit card. I'd hate to take it to that level, but come on. Just sent another FB PM saying you told me 4 days ago you were pulling the items and would ship ASAP. And nothing, and this is some of the poorest customer service i've ever experienced. I've ordered stuff that was backordered but they tell you, and 9 times out of 10, it ships before the date they said.

we'll see. if i get nothing by Friday, i'm asking them to cancel, and if they don't, then a cc dispute.

Well, no response to my PM but one order is "fulfilled' and a label has been created. hopefully the other two are today as well. But almost 2 weeks with no communication is unacceptble.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #8658 on: December 06, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »
SiameseCat, I hope you're going to post a stinking review [once you have received all of your items, of course].

I periodically order stuff off eBay from China/Hong Kong, and I'm happy to do so because the estimated delivery date lets me know it could be months.  I'm trading off a long wait for hard-to-get items or really cheap prices.  I'd never ding them for tardy delivery, because I factored that in when I bought the things.

Promise me fast despatch, and then sit on my order for more than a day?  Yup, I'm going to post an honest review so that other buyers don't get let down, too.  And that is going to mention broken promises & failure to respond to communication before I even get to the item!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8659 on: December 06, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
SiameseCat, I hope you're going to post a stinking review [once you have received all of your items, of course].

I periodically order stuff off eBay from China/Hong Kong, and I'm happy to do so because the estimated delivery date lets me know it could be months.  I'm trading off a long wait for hard-to-get items or really cheap prices.  I'd never ding them for tardy delivery, because I factored that in when I bought the things.

Promise me fast despatch, and then sit on my order for more than a day?  Yup, I'm going to post an honest review so that other buyers don't get let down, too.  And that is going to mention broken promises & failure to respond to communication before I even get to the item!

If i can find where to do so, yes! I DID get an email today about my other two orders, basically saying
they are sorry it took a "little" longer but since they moved offices its harder to locate items. and 2 were previously sold, so not available. They put in a free gift (?) and offered me something else around the same price or a refund. I asked for a refund, so if these ship today, i hopefully will have them by Sat. they are ONE state away. hahahahahah. hte one that shipped yesterday says delivery Sat, but i suspect it will be tomrorow or Friday. so hopefully the others by Sat.

Sigh. i get things happen and they probably are a one or two person operation but had they communicated to me better, i wouldn't have been so irked.

I agree with what you say. if it says up front, delivery will take x days, or say with ebay, no shipping until payment received, fine. i know what i'm getting into.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #8660 on: December 07, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
I wish that I could avoid UPS but for some reason Amazon used it for a recent package. It left the distribution center (about 40 miles to the east of us) on 11/30. Transferred to the UPS Los Angeles hub the same day and then "Out for Delivery" (scanned twice!) by 10:00AM 12/1. The next entry is at 11:30AM on 12/1 "We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay. "  Then a "Destination Scan" at 8:00 AM 12/4 (Monday.) Since then? Nothing. Amazon says they will help me if it doesn't arrive by Saturday! (This was 3-day UPS service, BTW.)

My best guess is that UPS has lost the package, possibly due to an accident or robbed truck. We've gotten other UPS packages before and after this.

Fortunately, it's a small, non-essential item, but it's very annoying that they can't keep up with this.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #8661 on: December 07, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »
I wish that I could avoid UPS but for some reason Amazon used it for a recent package. It left the distribution center (about 40 miles to the east of us) on 11/30. Transferred to the UPS Los Angeles hub the same day and then "Out for Delivery" (scanned twice!) by 10:00AM 12/1. The next entry is at 11:30AM on 12/1 "We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay. "  Then a "Destination Scan" at 8:00 AM 12/4 (Monday.) Since then? Nothing. Amazon says they will help me if it doesn't arrive by Saturday! (This was 3-day UPS service, BTW.)

My best guess is that UPS has lost the package, possibly due to an accident or robbed truck. We've gotten other UPS packages before and after this.

Fortunately, it's a small, non-essential item, but it's very annoying that they can't keep up with this.

Re: bolded - or the big wildfire depending on what part of LA you're in / where it's coming from.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #8662 on: December 08, 2017, 03:13:49 AM »

Re: bolded - or the big wildfire depending on what part of LA you're in / where it's coming from.

This...my friend just posted that her phone was lost in a huge fire at a UPS warehouse.

artk2002

« Reply #8663 on: December 08, 2017, 02:09:35 PM »

This was shipped before the wildfires got out of hand and they aren't any where near us or between us and UPS' LA depot.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

artk2002

« Reply #8664 on: December 08, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
This...my friend just posted that her phone was lost in a huge fire at a UPS warehouse.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Where is your friend?

Edit: The most recent report of a UPS warehouse fire was in Maryland.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #8665 on: December 08, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Where is your friend?

Edit: The most recent report of a UPS warehouse fire was in Maryland.

She's in Western MD.  So that's probably where her phone was

AngelicGamer

« Reply #8666 on: December 08, 2017, 03:16:58 PM »

This was shipped before the wildfires got out of hand and they aren't any where near us or between us and UPS' LA depot.

Thank you! Yeah, they need to find it and get it to you already. I hope you and your family continue to remain safe.

artk2002

« Reply #8667 on: December 08, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »
Thank you! Yeah, they need to find it and get it to you already. I hope you and your family continue to remain safe.

Thanks! The closest one was the Skirball fire on I405 in the Sepulveda Pass. That's about 5 miles from us. Quite close to UCLA where my son goes to school, so I was getting text messages from their alert system all day Wednesday and Thursday. Everything is fine there now. One of the updates said that they had invited the fire fighters to shower at facilities on campus, so people shouldn't be alarmed if they saw fire trucks and firemen around.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #8668 on: December 08, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »

Thanks! The closest one was the Skirball fire on I405 in the Sepulveda Pass. That's about 5 miles from us. Quite close to UCLA where my son goes to school, so I was getting text messages from their alert system all day Wednesday and Thursday. Everything is fine there now. One of the updates said that they had invited the fire fighters to shower at facilities on campus, so people shouldn't be alarmed if they saw fire trucks and firemen around.

That was nice of them :)

siamesecat2965

« Reply #8669 on: December 18, 2017, 11:38:40 AM »
A couple of restaurants near my office. At least not on my dime. There is a restaurant group in my area, and they have a number of restaurants, which some people love, but I personally find to be a bit pretentious, overpriced, and the food just meh. I've been to one with a friend, not impressed.

And a couple of the slightly more upscale ones, for various work lunches, so I wasn't paying. Last Friday was my dept. holiday lunch. My director wanted to go to one of them. Ok fine. First of all, there are two, right next to each other. Wiht not enough parking for both, esp. at lunch during the holidays. Ended up doing free valet, but had to go around, out and back in to get in line for that.

We get in, and tehy "tag team" servers. Usually 3 per table, sometimes a bit overbearing. Not this time. We had one, and it was sooooo slow. Not her fault; my impression was, based on the number of people packed in, and the manager helping out, they were over booked and understaffed.

We were a small group, 5, and were there for close to 2.5 hours. And the food wasn't anything to write home about. This just cemented my feeling I will never pay myself to eat there.