Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1144269 times)

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
Apple   Bees.  

I have had many bad experiences in this chain restaurant.  I also know dozens of people who have had their own bad experiences.  And the food is not even that good.  It is mediocre at best.

just two of the problems encountered:

-Never served.  We left after an hour wait.  Our drink orders were taken, there was only a few other tables, at least five different people came over to check on us and ask us what our order was and said it was on our way.  But nothing materialized.  Not even the drinks.  Finally we decided to leave.  

-Someone in our party left something in the bathroom during dinner.  She went to get it and it was gone.  She reported the loss to the hostess and waiter and they said they would not look for it, nor would they take her name in case it was found because "if it isn't there we JUST DON'T have it".  They also forgot parts of our meal.

Oh, Applebees. Two visits, two lousy experiences, two thousand miles apart:

In CT, with my mom who ordered senior version of X meal. Apparently served regular version, which we discovered when the bill came. Huge argument with waitress, then with manager, who insisted that we "should have known" mom was served the regular meal, and alerted our waitress "immediately". Umm, excuse me, you're assuming we're regulars and we know how large your portions are? Sorry. Got bill corrected, left no tip.

In AZ, with SO. Took 25 minutes to get our drinks order taken, and 55 minutes to get our meal order taken. Another hour later, SO is in anaphylactic shock and using the epi-pen because apparently, "I checked with the chef and he said it was fine" is Applebee code-speak for "WHAT.EVERRRR ::)" Adding insult to injury, I was keeping one eye on SO while looking for a cc to pay the check and asked the waitress where the nearest ER was, and she said, "well, you can call 911, are you going to be leaving, I need the table?"

That's the only place (out of all the places SO has been ambushed by) that I really wished he had pursued it legally.

cattlekid

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
I will never shop at the Macy's in my town after an experience I had there about a year ago.  

I picked out two bras, one that was on clearance.  The clearance bra did not have a price tag.

I brought the bras up to the "customer service" counter and tried to pay for them.  The cashier said that she couldn't ring up the bra because it didn't have a tag and I was going to have to find another similar one so that she could ring it up.

I was probably somewhat of a SS, but I told her that really wasn't my job to start pawing through the entire stock of bras to find the one that might have the price.  If there would have been one on the same rack that had the price, I certainly would have brought it up to the counter.  She basically said that it wasn't her job to do that either.  Not only did she lose that sale, I've never been back to that store since.

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
She basically said that it wasn't her job to do that either.

Well goodness, whose job is it, then?  The store elves?

Hillia

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »
For DH's birthday earlier this month, I treated us to a nice dinner at a well-reviewed Brazilian steakhouse.  This is one of those places where you pay a set amount, and the waiters circulate with skewers of meat which they cut off and serve at the table.  It was DH, me, our two friends, and 16 yr old DS.  The guys were all excited at having a carnivore feast, based on many reviews.

The way this place operates is that you are given a wooden cylinder painted in 3 stripes of red, yellow, and green.  You put the red side up while you visit the salad/appetizer bar, then flip it to green when you are ready for your meat and sides.  

After we'd been to the salad bar (and waited 15 minutes for drinks), we flipped the token to green.  After about another 15 minutes, tiny dishes of sides came out (rice, beans, and fried bananas), about a spoonful for each person.  Another 15 minutes and a waiter appeared with some meat.  He served us all very small portions - about 2 bites each - and left.  I don't mind the small portions, as it makes sense to not waste the food by serving a plateful at a time.  However, it took between 20-30 minutes between each waiter wandering by, so our meal was 2 bites, wait 20 minutes, 3 bites, wait 30 minutes, etc.  It took 45 minutes for DH to get a refill on his soda.  We asked for a refill on the fried bananas; after 30-40 minutes, out came a plate with 2 pieces on it.

The base charge per person was $30.  With drinks, dessert, and tip, our total was close to $300.  The food was delicious, but I don't think any of us had more than about 4 oz of meat.  For $31, I can do a lot better.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »
Mom used to get bruises that would last YEARS. As in, bruises that were 7 years old.  A (obviously male) doctor told her it was "typical female bruising."  Yeah, he got knocked off the list.

......What IS "typical female bruising"?

ChristiKayAnn

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »
My mom used to work at a discount chain super store (not walmart the other one.)  while she worked there she noticed something strange, when she showed up for work at 6 am on the day the sales came out all of the sale prices on the computer were correct (the managers changed them overnight) but as soon as the corprate office opened the computer/register blinked (it did this whenever there was a download) and all of the prices went back to full price so that if the cashiers and/or the customers were not paying attention the customer would be cheated out of the sale price, then if enough customers complained the managers would reset the computers with the sale prices that night and they would be fine until the next week when they would have to do it all over again.  after she noticed the pattern mom quit and we all quit shopping there because we didn't want to support a store that purposely tried to cheat the customers at the corprate level.

This was before they merged with the store in magicat and monkeymama's stories but I am not at all surprised that their total disregard for their customers has infected the other store.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »
Mom used to get bruises that would last YEARS. As in, bruises that were 7 years old.  A (obviously male) doctor told her it was "typical female bruising."  Yeah, he got knocked off the list.

My dark sense of humor has a reply, but my good half is surpressing it.

Amava

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »

I thought that the doctor was suggesting that the lady's husband was beating her.
But maybe something else was meant, I'm not sure?

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »

I thought that the doctor was suggesting that the lady's husband was beating her.

That was what I was gonna say. My grandmother used to tell people that any bride who didn;t have bruises had married another woman.

I'm so glad i'm far from that woman.

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
Public service announcement: Do not have a registry of any kind at Sears. This message brought to you by the Nurvingiel for a sane Ehell foundation.

I don't boycott Sears, but if someone tells me they're thinking of doing their registry somewhere I tell them, "Anywhere but Sears" (due to that drill fiasco with our registry). Basically, Sears is incompetent at allowing someone to purchase a gift over the phone to be picked up in store. That's partly why we had a regsitry you know, Sears!

I do, however, boycott Booster Juice. This is due to the anti-forestry propaganda that they post in their stores, basically stating that paper is bad, forestry is bad and unsustainable, and that's why they use styrofoam. Look, use styrofoam, I don't care. It's cheaper, you have a bottom line, I get that. But don't slag my industry to justify its use - that is not cool. Just use the styrofoam.

I will never go there because of their unfounded claims about forestry. I'd think about maybe going there, someday, if they stopped their misinformation campaign.

That was what I was gonna say. My grandmother used to tell people that any bride who didn;t have bruises had married another woman.

I'm so glad i'm far from that woman.
The first thing I thought of was, "Not every woman plays rugby you know." Women's rugby is a guaranteed way to get a steady supply of bruises, but no one bruise should last more than a month or two. Then it's a medical problem I think.
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
Another Best Buy

I was looking for a laptop.  My first laptop. :)  I had cash.. actual cash.  Pictures of dead presidents.  I was ready to buy a nice laptop.  I walked into Best Buy because I saw online they had the computer I wanted.  I walked to the electronics department.  I looked at the computers.  I got ignored by three salespeople.  "I'm on a break" and "It's not my department" were the excuses I got.

So I looked.. I was waiting.  I stood in front of a very nice pretty (expensive!!!) machine.  It was out of my range, but I was looking.  I asked for help.  I got eye rolls and turned backs. 

ok then. 

Just then a man walked into the department.  All three salespeople ran, RAN over to help him.  They jumped in front of me to ask if he needed help.

wow.  So I pulled out my cash and said "I asked for help and you ignored me.  You must not want this!" and I walked out.  Went into Computer City and told them what happened and why I was there.  they bent over backwards to help me.  I got a better upgraded machine for less than I was going to spend at BB.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »
well you know 'giiiiiirrrrllllllls' know nothing about "insert whatever here"

and just waste the salespersons time.

snort

and I bet most of us know more than that salesperson.

(local bank owner - when I was a kid - never dressed in anything but jeans and flannel shirts AT WORK - was also underestemated many times by other "big shots" till he took out his wallet)
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

CG

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »

snort

(local bank owner - when I was a kid - never dressed in anything but jeans and flannel shirts AT WORK - was also underestemated many times by other "big shots" till he took out his wallet)

Y'all might enjoy this and the next few comics: http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20021104.html (Not be work-friendly, rather violent and foul-mouthed)

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »

snort

Y'all might enjoy this and the next few comics: http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20021104.html (Not be work-friendly, rather violent and foul-mouthed)

*grinning*
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »
Popular lingerie store named for a Queen of England:  Several years ago, I walked into one of their stores looking for a bridal shower gift for a close friend.  The clerk looked at my not-so-endowed body and remarked that there was a sale on miracle bras.  I didn't buy the gift there, and haven't been back since.

gui

The last time I stopped in there the sales girl looked me up and down and disdainfully said, "We don't carry anything in your size."  Which actually wasn't true, but the don't nedd my money either