Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1096220 times)

Pippen

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #3150 on: October 16, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
Is it safe to assume that Ms Meatball is now an EX employee?

Lets just say it was the excuse I had been looking for.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3151 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »
Is it safe to assume that Ms Meatball is now an EX employee?

Lets just say it was the excuse I had been looking for.

Ahh ... in that case, lovely beautiful meatballs from heaven.   >:D

LilacRosey

actually tried to tell me that I wasn't wearing the right pants. But they figured it out right away so it was mostly funny and we laughed. I'm not Wearing a red shirt in Target again though ever!

Same goes for blue shirts in Walmart.
haha I bet it does! I wont get burned again that way thats for sure hahaha

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3153 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
Can we leave the Target uniforms to their own thread, please?
Words mean things.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #3154 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
Ok, not Target, but a name brand mall store...

Was with a couple of friends on a rare mall trip for a huge discount off of clearance items. 

No sales clerks in sight, and only one dressing room of 8 or so unlocked.  So I became the guard of sorts, covering the three of us taking turns, and guarding our purses and clothing selections.  At least four other women came up to ask me to make a purchase at the nearby desk, or to unlock a room. 

Never did see a clerk and we had to walk to another department to make our purchases. 

If I had had a computer code, I could have made great commissions on the sales from those women!

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Adelaide

« Reply #3155 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
I have to update my Jimmy John's issue about the belligerent driver. Turns out the e-mail I sent off to corporate actually got back down to the actual store, and I got to talk to the manager. He was very nice and apologetic and said that the driver who was rude to me actually quit (yay!) so I'll probably end up eating there again. :P The driver was apparently very unhappy with his place at the company and it "wasn't a good fit for Jimmy John's".

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #3156 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »
Thought he ought to be the boss, maybe?

Adelaide

« Reply #3157 on: October 18, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
Thought he ought to be the boss, maybe?

It was a step past that, I think-he really didn't seem to want anything to do with the company at all. Maybe he'd want to be the boss of the wrecking crew that knocked down the building. :P

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #3158 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »
Ah, I have a cousin like that.  In his case, working is too much like work.  He's so smart he should be given money and adulation for merely existing at all and how dare you try to tell Mr. Wonderful what to do. 

AKA a lot of the guys I went to biz school with as well...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3159 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »
My uncle is exactly the same. He is in his 60's and has probably had 30 jobs so far, but lives in a small community where he has exhausted nearly every opportunity. He has owned his own business, been a contract employee, etc. Nothing ever works out, so he is constantly complaining about other people's success.

Nothing is ever his fault.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #3160 on: October 18, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
Seems like there's a lot of people out there who think the world owes them a living.

I have to admit I don't like working with other people.  I was a real washout as a receptionist.  However, I find that doing medical transcription at home is ideal for me, as I can be my usual curmudgeonly self and still earn a living.   

rhirhi

« Reply #3161 on: October 21, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »
I posted the other day about a Jimmy John's delivery guy who arrived about 10 minutes early and was in a huff because I wasn't in the lobby yet. The other day I ordered from there again and the delivery man called me 20 minutes early and said "I have two more stops before yours, so can you go ahead and go to the lobby?" I happened to be studying there anyway and so I replied that I could. When he rolled up 10 minutes earlier than I had requested I walked out of my study room and into the lobby. We said hello and I asked him how he was, to which he replied "I'm doing better now that you're finally here."  I won't be ordering from there again if I'm going to deal with this guy's attitude all the time.

Jimmy Johns' corporate demands that deliveries take less than 10min from the driver leaving the store to returning per order (almost worked there; woulda been my dream job at the time). If you live outside a 5 mile radius, they don't deliver. Also, if he had other customers, their orders are now delayed because he had to wait for you.

And this is the first time I've ever read a complaint about delivery being too early.

Just saw the update- guy was just being a jerk; nm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:45:16 PM by rhirhi »

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #3162 on: October 21, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
I am now among the many people to say "I'm never shopping THERE again!" about Sears. I know it's gotten mutiple mentions in this thread, but I shopped there anyway, figuring there were so many locations and employees they couldn't ALL be incompetent. Big mistake.

Our washing machine broke several weeks ago and the repair person (not from Sears) said it wasn't worth the price of fixing it and we should just buy a new one. We have a stacking washer/dryer and DH swears the repairman said any kind of stackable washer would work with the dryer as long as the dimensions were the same. So we ordered a new washer with the correct dimensions from Sears because they were having a sale. When the delivery people came, they said they couldn't install it because the dryer could only be stacked with a washer of the same make as the old one. So they took it back to the warehouse and customer service told me I'd receive a call within 24-48 hours to identify and order the correct washer.

5 days later, still no call. DH called and was told their records showed that the washer had been delivered. DH said it hadn't and explained what happened. He was told he'd receive a call within 24-48 hours.

3 days later, still no call. DH called back and explained the situation again, and was told again that he'd receive a call within 24-48 hours. This time he refused to take that for an answer and said he would not get off the line until he spoke to someone who could resolve this. He was transferred around to various places, explaining the story over and over, for an hour and 45 minutes. He finally got someone who seemed to know what she was talking about...until she told him he would get a call back within 24-48 hours.  >:( At that point DH had to leave for work and couldn't stay on the line. I don't think he was particularly polite when ending that call.

That was just over 48 hours ago...

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3163 on: October 21, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
I am now among the many people to say "I'm never shopping THERE again!" about Sears. I know it's gotten mutiple mentions in this thread, but I shopped there anyway, figuring there were so many locations and employees they couldn't ALL be incompetent. Big mistake.

Our washing machine broke several weeks ago and the repair person (not from Sears) said it wasn't worth the price of fixing it and we should just buy a new one. We have a stacking washer/dryer and DH swears the repairman said any kind of stackable washer would work with the dryer as long as the dimensions were the same. So we ordered a new washer with the correct dimensions from Sears because they were having a sale. When the delivery people came, they said they couldn't install it because the dryer could only be stacked with a washer of the same make as the old one. So they took it back to the warehouse and customer service told me I'd receive a call within 24-48 hours to identify and order the correct washer.

5 days later, still no call. DH called and was told their records showed that the washer had been delivered. DH said it hadn't and explained what happened. He was told he'd receive a call within 24-48 hours.

3 days later, still no call. DH called back and explained the situation again, and was told again that he'd receive a call within 24-48 hours. This time he refused to take that for an answer and said he would not get off the line until he spoke to someone who could resolve this. He was transferred around to various places, explaining the story over and over, for an hour and 45 minutes. He finally got someone who seemed to know what she was talking about...until she told him he would get a call back within 24-48 hours.  >:( At that point DH had to leave for work and couldn't stay on the line. I don't think he was particularly polite when ending that call.

Something similar happened to my mom, but it was with the IRS!  A few years ago, she got a notification that she hadn't reported some income, and that she now owed $25,000 in taxes.  She called the IRS to officially file a dispute and they told her they would call her back with an update within 5 business days.  It took them three WEEKS to get back to her!  She called every few days, only to be told "Well, we're still working on it".  Too bad it's not possible to say "I'm not longer using them again"!

I may have to stop going to the Bruegger's down the road from me.  I went in today, and ordered a toasted onion bagel with butter.  I specified that I wanted the butter on both sides.  When I got my bagel, it only had butter on one side.  I asked if the person helping me maybe didn't hear me when I specified butter on both sides and was told "Oh no, I heard you.  It's just that nobody wants that much butter on their bagel, so I figured you didn't mean it". 

Asharah

« Reply #3164 on: October 21, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »

Something similar happened to my mom, but it was with the IRS!  A few years ago, she got a notification that she hadn't reported some income, and that she now owed $25,000 in taxes.  She called the IRS to officially file a dispute and they told her they would call her back with an update within 5 business days.  It took them three WEEKS to get back to her!  She called every few days, only to be told "Well, we're still working on it".  Too bad it's not possible to say "I'm not longer using them again"!

I may have to stop going to the Bruegger's down the road from me.  I went in today, and ordered a toasted onion bagel with butter.  I specified that I wanted the butter on both sides.  When I got my bagel, it only had butter on one side.  I asked if the person helping me maybe didn't hear me when I specified butter on both sides and was told "Oh no, I heard you.  It's just that nobody wants that much butter on their bagel, so I figured you didn't mean it".
Then why did she think you ordered it like that. GAWD ALMIGHTY!
Asharah