Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1141263 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #3630 on: March 04, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
I need to replace my phone as it is failing and has a large gouge on the screen.

I ordered a phone for $186 from MobilePCdotcom and placed the order at 6 AM EST on 2/21. My account was charged on 2/21. According to their website they ship within one business day, but as of 4 PM EST 2/22, it had not yet been shipped. I sent an email and received a run around response from Yvonne. Later, a tracking number was sent. I found it curious that the shipment had not been received by UPS. I sent yet another email 2/26 asking why the tracking number was not valid and after sending that email, it magically showed as being shipped yesterday. I find it very poor business practice to not hold up the policies listed on a company's website. For them to play the game of printing a label three days before shipping the product. I need to buy two more phones, but it won't be from MobilePC.

Sometimes the delay in the shipping label tracking info showing up is on the part of the shipping company (UPS, FedEx etc) Until the parcel is scanned, it generally doesn't show up. I had a package ship out yesterday 2 day, and the tracking info wouldn't show up until today - some sort of 1 day til it was active  (the company I purchased from was kind enough to let me know that). It doesn't excuse the company you bought from not shipping within 24 hours like promised - but could explain the tracking not being available right away.

I spoke to a representative from UPS, who said the package was not available for pickup on Friday or Monday. They weren't able to pick it up until Tuesday. I found other reports of this "give you a tracking number but delay the shipment" behavior online for the same company. I will be reporting this to the online BBB.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:11:29 PM by ladyknight1 »

Moonie

« Reply #3631 on: March 05, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
Logan's Roadhouse (a chain restaraunt).   Sunday our whole family was going to dinner for my brother's 50th birthday. There were 20 of us.

We got to the restaraunt as they opened, and there was our party of 20 and maybe two other parties of two or three.

First, they tried to cram all of us into two tables. There were three high chairs, which take up a lot of room, so there was no way everyone was going to fit in two tables.  When my sister and her family arrived and saw that they were not going to be able to sit at either table, they sat at the empty third table in the same area as the other two. (Nobody was at the front to seat them.)  They had to come and get menus from some of us that were there and already knew what we wanted because no waitress came to give them menus.

Secondly, after we all ordered, the salads were brought to the table. Everyone's except mine. I figured their hands had been full and they would go get mine . I was wrong. I waited for the server to come back by, and by the time they did, everyone had finished their salads. I asked if I could please have my salad. The server was apologetic and went to get it. As my salad arrived, everyone else was being served their meals. I asked the server to not bring my order out yet, as I just got my salad and wanted to eat it first. Everyone's meal came out except mine (which I had asked to be delayed a bit) and my nephew's.

I finished my salad, and waited....and waited....and waited, as did my nephew. When a server came around to refill drinks, we asked where our meals were. By this time everyone else was finishing up their meal.  They bring our meals, and my nephew's was fine. Mine was not. My steak was overcooked, and I had ordered a baked sweet potato PLAIN. The potato had brown sugar all over it. I finallly had had enough and handed them the plate and said to just forget it. I didn't want it. By this time everyone was done eating.

They gave my grandson the wrong meal. He ordered grilled chicken and fries. They brought him a huge salad with grilled chicken on top. He stuck his fork in it and I told him..."You didn't order that. Don't eat it." So he left his fork in it and I told the server that his meal was wrong. They brought him the right meal and took the salad away. Not three minutes later they brought my nephew's wife out her meal......a salad with grilled chicken on it. I honestly believe that they just pulled my grandson's fork out of that salad and brought it back out to my nephew's wife.

The manager came and asked my brother how everything was, and he told him what all had happened. The manager apologized and comped my brother's, my nephew's, my sister's, and my dinner. (Although I never really got dinner to begin with.) Then they offered my brother a free dessert because it was his birthday and because of all the trouble. He ordered the brownie with ice cream.  A few minutes later, some guy comes out and says he's sorry, but someone forgot to turn on the ice cream machine and they had no ice cream. My brother and I just looked at each other and laughed.

When I got home, I heated myself up some leftover Chinese food I had, and wrote a review on Yelp. I would have liked to review the food, but since I never got any, all I could say was the salad and tea were ok. I will never EVER go through their doors again.

perpetua

« Reply #3632 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »
Uplifted Lingerie (UK). Two bras ordered on 23 Feb. Not dispatched, no response to numerous emails and phone calls and two submissions of their 'contact us' form. Phone goes straight to answerphone. The order is still showing as outstanding, but they don't seem bothered about taking my money. I'll stick to Figleaves in future; I only tried this other place because Figleaves were out of stock of a style I wanted in my size.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #3633 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
More of a minor whine.  McDonalds a couple days ago, was there with my sister and BF, just hanging out.  Tried ordering a milkshake, while my sister and BF got sodas.  They brought the shake out and said that it might taste funny, and if I didn't like it, they could give me another one in a different flavor.

I took one sip and it was okay... til the aftertaste.  It tasted strongly of ice cubes that had picked up every flavor in the freezer, and sat there for a few weeks. :-X

BF took it up and tried replacing it for a different flavor... and never got the second shake.  I waited fifteen minutes before BF went up to the counter.  They were kind and explained what happened (it suddenly got busy and the guy couldn't get to the machine, but didn't let anyone else know he couldn't make it.  Went to BK for a shake instead. :P

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3634 on: March 06, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »
I need to replace my phone as it is failing and has a large gouge on the screen.

I ordered a phone for $186 from MobilePCdotcom and placed the order at 6 AM EST on 2/21. My account was charged on 2/21. According to their website they ship within one business day, but as of 4 PM EST 2/22, it had not yet been shipped. I sent an email and received a run around response from Yvonne. Later, a tracking number was sent. I found it curious that the shipment had not been received by UPS. I sent yet another email 2/26 asking why the tracking number was not valid and after sending that email, it magically showed as being shipped yesterday. I find it very poor business practice to not hold up the policies listed on a company's website. For them to play the game of printing a label three days before shipping the product. I need to buy two more phones, but it won't be from MobilePC.

Sometimes the delay in the shipping label tracking info showing up is on the part of the shipping company (UPS, FedEx etc) Until the parcel is scanned, it generally doesn't show up. I had a package ship out yesterday 2 day, and the tracking info wouldn't show up until today - some sort of 1 day til it was active  (the company I purchased from was kind enough to let me know that). It doesn't excuse the company you bought from not shipping within 24 hours like promised - but could explain the tracking not being available right away.

I spoke to a representative from UPS, who said the package was not available for pickup on Friday or Monday. They weren't able to pick it up until Tuesday. I found other reports of this "give you a tracking number but delay the shipment" behavior online for the same company. I will be reporting this to the online BBB.

The phone finally came yesterday and it is damaged, not refurbished. I will never buy anything from that company again.

Sebastienne

« Reply #3635 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
When I was in high school, my family went out for a late dinner at a local chain restaurant. Both my meal and my mom's came with a side of pasta, with our choice of sauce. We both went for alfredo. And when it came out, it was the blandest tasting "alfredo" ever. Like thick milk over fettucini. Neither of us ate it--which was fine, really, since the servings were huge, and there was more than enough food.

The waitress eventually came by and seemed concerned that neither of us had eaten the pasta. She asked if it was okay, and we mentioned that it was a little bland. I'll never forget what she said to us next.

"So one time, there was a screw-up in the kitchen, and they couldn't find the alfredo sauce mix, so they made it with vanilla ice cream mix! And the craziest thing was that only two people noticed all day!"

An since we were, presumably, those two people, our meals were comped.  So it could have been worse, I suppose. But powdered alfredo mix? I'll pass in the future.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #3636 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »
When I was in high school, my family went out for a late dinner at a local chain restaurant. Both my meal and my mom's came with a side of pasta, with our choice of sauce. We both went for alfredo. And when it came out, it was the blandest tasting "alfredo" ever. Like thick milk over fettucini. Neither of us ate it--which was fine, really, since the servings were huge, and there was more than enough food.

The waitress eventually came by and seemed concerned that neither of us had eaten the pasta. She asked if it was okay, and we mentioned that it was a little bland. I'll never forget what she said to us next.

"So one time, there was a screw-up in the kitchen, and they couldn't find the alfredo sauce mix, so they made it with vanilla ice cream mix! And the craziest thing was that only two people noticed all day!"

An since we were, presumably, those two people, our meals were comped.  So it could have been worse, I suppose. But powdered alfredo mix? I'll pass in the future.

Reminds me of a story MIL tells about DH when he was a boy.  Apparently they were at a chain pancake place and DH commented to the server that his pancakes tasted "odd."  It turns out they had run out of pancake mix, so someone had had to run to the grocery store and buy some mix there.  DH was the only one to notice the difference in flavor, so the manager gave him his pancakes for free  :P

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3637 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »

I seriously would have lost it right then and there.  I have been a waitress, I have worked in a kitchen, I have worked as a manager in fast food, and never, ever, ever would I dream of not only substituting something as such, but actually talking down to a customer like that would have been so far out of my realm I never would have considered it lest I had read it here.  I would never eat there again, and that's saying a lot coming from me.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Library Dragon

« Reply #3638 on: March 07, 2013, 12:19:47 AM »
DH went through a 10 year period when he was allergic to shell fish.  We went to a national Italian restaurant chain and he ordered the pasta primavera.  He always made sure to ask if there was any seafood in a dish and explained his allergy.  His dish came out with shrimp in it.  He called over the waitress and explained that it was the wrong dish and he couldn't eat it due to his allergy.

She took the dish an returned 5 minutes later with the THE EXACT SAME PLATE! DH again explained that he couldn't eat it.  The waitress went and asked the manager to come over. DH explained the problem. The manager looked puzzeled and said, "But this is a more expensive dish and we won't charge extra for the mix-up."

By this time our DSs were finished eating, so we paid for theirs and my dishes (yes they were clueless enough to charge us) and left. We left the waitress a 8% tip and a comment card.  We slipped the busser $5. 

We didn't return to the Garden for several years.  When we did return DHs cannelloni still had plastic wrapped around it and the center was frozen.  That was many years ago and I don't foresee a visit in our future.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pen^2

« Reply #3639 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:20 AM »
I was on my way home from work yesterday and found myself developing a splitting headache. I get these sometimes, due to various parts of my medical history, and have to deal with them as soon as I realise they are coming, or I end up being effectively deaf for the pounding in my ears (I literally cannot hear people talking) and unable to move properly. Not much fun. I have tablets to prevent these headaches when I feel them coming, but realised I had no liquid in my water bottle by which to take them. I needed to get something--anything--to drink, and quickly.

There was a cafe only a few metres away, so in I went. There was one person only working there: a middle-aged lady who was drying glasses behind the counter, right next to the register. I walked up to the register and say "hello," but she just kept wiping the glasses. I figured she was probably going to finish the one she was on so she could put it down to reply, but no. She finished it and went on to the next glass. There were dozens of glasses left, and after six minutes (I was watching the clock behind her), I realised she probably intended to do all of them. I took a bottle of water from the fridge and tried again: "hello, I'd like to buy this." Ignored again. Finally (time was running out and soon my head would mean that I would not be able to even have a conversation with her at all anymore) I simply said, "I am trying to give you business and money, but you clearly don't want it." Rude, yes, I know, but we were approaching crisis here. She looked up, sighed dramatically, placed the glasses down noisily (causing me to stumble backwards in pain from the noise) and said "I wasn't doing nothing, you know!" and stood there glaring at me. I put money in front of her (I have no idea how much, it was hard to tell at this point), mumbled a sarcastic apology for making her do her job, and swallowed the pills on the spot.

I had to sit down for 15 or 20 minutes while my head sorted itself out, and unfortunately the only place I could get to was a chair in her shop. If she had actually let me buy the water when I had come in, I probably wouldn't have needed the recuperation period. She probably thought I was a druggie, and for all I know, tells people of the rude druggie woman who came in that one time.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3640 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »
Pen, after she didn't serve you when she was finished the glass she was working on, I think I would have taken the bottle, opened it and taken my pills.  And if she still didn't acknowledge you, turned around and started walking out.  Betcha she would have acknowledged you then!

(I would never actually leave without paying, even if I wasn't acknowledged.  I'd turn around and place a dollar on the counter and then walk out.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #3641 on: March 07, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »
Pen, after she didn't serve you when she was finished the glass she was working on, I think I would have taken the bottle, opened it and taken my pills.  And if she still didn't acknowledge you, turned around and started walking out.  Betcha she would have acknowledged you then!

(I would never actually leave without paying, even if I wasn't acknowledged.  I'd turn around and place a dollar on the counter and then walk out.)

I was thinking the same thing.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #3642 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
I think I'm going to have to give up on the grocery store and start hitting the other chain 100% of the time. (This is the same grocery store that said they would send me a gift card, I never got it, never got it, weeks pass, I e-mailed and called the manager, finally he offers to leave me a gift card in a lesser amount at customer service, after making it seem like I'm trying to con him out of gift cards.) I kept going because they have coupons and gas rewards.

Unfortunately I went last week, and while I was standing in line waiting for my stuff to get run up/bagged, I smelled something unpleasant. It smelled mildly of body, and I figured it could either be the cashier, or even me. I shrugged it off-until the cashier leaned over to show me my gas rewards. She circled them on the receipt and I smelled the smell again, only way worse--it was coming from her hands. It was really really bad, I felt nauseous the ~30 miles back to my house. And she had touched all my food too.  :-\

I realize sometimes people can't control or are unaware of their body odor, but then perhaps a job with food is not the right line of work for you. I filled out the survey and let the manager know, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm hoping he kindly lets her know and tries to find a solution.

Along with the previous issue, the fact that they're often very low or out of certain coupon items when I get there, and the in-store bank with their employees who follow you around the store asking if you want to open a checking account (really, in this day and age do they think free checks are that big of an incentive to change banks?) I don't think it's worth it.

Shalamar

« Reply #3643 on: March 07, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
I never shop at the Bay anymore (Canadian department store) because of my inability to find anyone to take my money.  Once I was waiting at a cash desk for 15 minutes to buy a bra - it was the only cash desk they had on that floor, and it was deserted.  Every time an employee walked by, I'd say "Excuse me - "  "Not my job, sorry."  I was so tempted to walk out of the store waving the bra over my head, yelling "SHOPLIFTING!  LOOK AT MEEEE, I'M SHOPLIFTING!" to see if THAT would get their attention.

Pen^2

« Reply #3644 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »

I should have done this, I know, but I wasn't quite functioning at 100% at the time. Although if I am ever in this situation again, I won't even bother trying for a response after the first attempt. Money on counter. Take water. Forget the change. Leave.